Nails Inc TSV 30/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When did you order, Sazza? I ordered in the launch show and it's only just been marked as shipped (not had the email yet so can't see tracking).

I ordered during the first half hour of the midnight launch show. By late Thursday morning it was showing as shipped and arrived with me yesterday, Friday.

I ordered during the first half hour of the midnight launch show. By late Thursday morning it was showing as shipped and arrived with me yesterday, Friday.

Thanks. Now I think about it, I may have ordered in the second hour as I got home late. Anyway, I was just curious. Seems mine should be with the courier today so may arrive later.

Happy nail painting!

Mine arrived today and I love EVERY colour, yippee!! What a bargain. I love the new bottles too, weighty and classy. I hated those big fat round handles on the old type, not easy to control.

Oooh I don't know what to start with first! Great Queen Place is definitely going on my toenails!

Mine arrived today and I love EVERY colour, yippee!! What a bargain. I love the new bottles too, weighty and classy. I hated those big fat round handles on the old type, not easy to control.

Oooh I don't know what to start with first! Great Queen Place is definitely going on my toenails!

Yep that is going on my toes too!!

Got William IV Street on my hands, love it!!!

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs a bit because I think I'll get my set today so I've got my polish removed ready to repaint. I have hundreds of bottles in the drawer but I really want to try the NailKale and Multivitamins ones.

Hope yours comes today AndiK!

Could someone tell me - is the illuminator meant to be used as a top coat? I can't quite remember from the presentation. I know it can be worn on bare nails alone, but if I could lob it on as a top coat then that would be great.

Could someone tell me - is the illuminator meant to be used as a top coat? I can't quite remember from the presentation. I know it can be worn on bare nails alone, but if I could lob it on as a top coat then that would be great.

Thanks, Ellaaa. I keep refreshing the Hermes tracking page but it's been "out for delivery to courier" since 05:32.

It's strange about the Bright Street Illuminator as you would think that as we got a NailKale base coat, the other NailKale product would be a top coat but all the descriptions of the illuminator imply it's a base coat as well. I don't recall any of the presentations mentioning using it as a top coat either, sorry.

On the Nails Inc site, it says "Bright Street Illuminator features iridescent pearls to brighten the pink nail bed and give the appearance of whiter tips and healthier nails" - so doesn't sound like something you put on top of colours.

On the QVC website, you can buy the same NailKale duo and on there it says: "Make sure your nails look fantastic even before you paint them with this nail treatment set".

Received mine today and not sure about the kit. Are you meant to pull the square lid off to apply? they seem very fiddly.
Will have a play but how do you return nail kits I don;t think you can use RM?

Received mine today and not sure about the kit. Are you meant to pull the square lid off to apply? they seem very fiddly.

Yes - there is a small ridged black lid underneath.

Thanks, Ellaaa. I keep refreshing the Hermes tracking page but it's been "out for delivery to courier" since 05:32.

It's strange about the Bright Street Illuminator as you would think that as we got a NailKale base coat, the other NailKale product would be a top coat but all the descriptions of the illuminator imply it's a base coat as well. I don't recall any of the presentations mentioning using it as a top coat either, sorry.

On the Nails Inc site, it says "Bright Street Illuminator features iridescent pearls to brighten the pink nail bed and give the appearance of whiter tips and healthier nails" - so doesn't sound like something you put on top of colours.

On the QVC website, you can buy the same NailKale duo and on there it says: "Make sure your nails look fantastic even before you paint them with this nail treatment set".

I use the kale base coat under the illuminator but you don't have to as it has kale in it, personal choice really.

Yes you take the square cap off, they ususally pull off easily.

Thanks for the info re: illuminator, will be trying it on bare nails shortly. I thought I'd give it a go on top of the peach shade (can't remember the name!) to see if it did work as a top coat, and it's given it a really nice shine/glow! Dries really quickly too.

Hello ladies. I have just received my TSV set (apparently Hermes had a vehicle breakdown). At first sight, I like!

Sadly, the special effects bottle (Kingsway) seems to have dried out. The small inner lid was quite loose and although the brush is not solid, the contents don't move when you shake the bottle. I could probably dab a few dots on a nail but it wouldn't spread and I'm pretty sure it should be very liquid, ie tiny confetti/dots suspended in a clear base? I think I know the answer so am about to call CS.

Sadly, the special effects bottle (Kingsway) seems to have dried out. The small inner lid was quite loose and although the brush is not solid, the contents don't move when you shake the bottle. I could probably dab a few dots on a nail but it wouldn't spread and I'm pretty sure it should be very liquid, ie tiny confetti/dots suspended in a clear base? I think I know the answer so am about to call CS.

Exactly the same thing happened with mine. I photographed the bottle and emailed QVC I was given the option to arrange collection or have a refund of my £4.95 delivery charge.

Exactly the same thing happened with mine. I photographed the bottle and emailed QVC I was given the option to arrange collection or have a refund of my £4.95 delivery charge.

That's interesting. I called and they said Nails Inc "do parts" so she has put in a request for me to be sent just a fresh bottle of Kingsway (direct from Nails Inc, I presume). She told me to hang on to the bad bottle for now in case Nails Inc want me to return that, which she doubted. What did you do?

I'm undecided what to do will wait a few days and then reply to email.

This was my reply

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry this item was received damaged.

We do not have spare parts for this item so the whole set will have to be returned. We can arrange a collection.

Alternatively if you would like to keep the item we can refund the postage £4.95.

Please let us know by replying to this email.

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team.

Best wishes

Jackie.
Customer Care team"

Strange it is completely opposite of what you were told on the phone!!

Especially as I specifically asked in my email....

"I wonder if it possible to have the faulty bottle replaced rather than have to arrange a return of the whole collection? I have included a photo of the bottle showing how it is unusable."

Well as usual it's the QVC lottery and it depends who answers call or email, you couldn't make it up could you!!

I do find it strange, Sooze. I was very surprised to hear them offer to send a single bottle out - I absolutely expected the response you got and was about to ask them if they would refund the P&P as that's about what each bottle is worth, rather than return the set. If you decide you want the bottle replaced, you could say you know someone who was offered that? You could call and mention the emails but also mention what they said to me? Mind you, I've not received this single bottle yet (they said allow 7-10 days I think!) - maybe it will turn out Nails Inc don't "do parts" after all!

It certainly is a lottery, whether you call or email. I nearly always call when I have a query and 99.9% of the time, I get someone extremely nice and helpful, but have had conflicting advice on the phone and in emails.

I am sending mine back I don't like the colours and the pink chipped after a few hours. Can you send it back RM?

I am sending mine back I don't like the colours and the pink chipped after a few hours. Can you send it back RM?

You shouldn't use Royal Mail, miss molly. They only allow up to 4 bottles of nail polish (flammable) per package. I have absolutely no idea why 4 bottles would be ok but not 5 - maybe there is a law of physics where the fifth bottle always spontaneously combusts? Apparently, RM X-ray so I wouldn't try to sneak it through - I didn't believe that but I do know someone who sent a polish set to their friend and it never arrived. Now that could be a coincidence but I wouldn't risk it. Give QVC a ring and enquire about returning it.

Latest posts

Back