Nails Inc TSV - 24/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I mustn't buy the TSV even if some of the colours look delish.

I bought the Leighton Denny Per-suede me set on a whim on Beauty Day (£40 with postage) and then a friend has picked up 4 of the OPI Swiss Collection I wanted (£22). So £62 in a week on 8 bottles of polish - even I think that's ludicrous! :taphead:

Not tried LD polish before so I'm hoping I'll hate it! :doh:

I wish I hadn't looked now....love the colours, but think I have three already!!!! I will sit on my hands..I will...I will

I'm really looking forward to Helens range-wonder what the launch name will be?

Always presented products in an enthusiastic way and professional manner-would love to see her succeed. I'm a customer waiting to buy :angel:

Sazza your an absolute dd(darling detective,as alwaysx:flower:) - this TSV looks a good one(like Toadette i had hoped it would be "mince"(a right Glaswegian sayingx) but it looks great - i eat my hat as the value is good - eight polishes and four minis!! I'm really looking forward to the 24th - i like Heather and find her easy to watch. I e-mailed Nails inc last week to thank them - i received a reply from Thea's p.a. saying that they had a lot of good things planned for the 24th - i had mentioned Helen in my e-mail hoping she was well - i noticed that she wasnt mentioned in the reply so was suspicious that she and Thea were no longer working together - i thought she was responsible for the formulas etc? Anyway i hope this is the TSV :bear:

Is that a mini shimmer caviar top coat i see? I've just bought the liquid mettallics collection and think i see a mini gold mettallics?:devil: I've been wanting a shimmery caviar top coat - i cant justify the £30plus for the set with a plain top coat and colour(i've got all the colours).

i need a grey and a navy shimmer. if i buy this then i would spend around £35 inc p&p and it does not have a grey.
i may as well go to opi and buy 2 colours for £19 that i really need.its a waste of money buying this set unless i really need all of it.

Unfortunately with me its want not need(madness i know!!) - i've got three(yes three) OPI black faux leather manicure storage bags and they are all full!!(OPI,LD and Nails inc-one for each brand) and i'm considering a fourth - my philosophy is a girl cant have too much beauty products(i'm QVC's dream customer:giggle:)

I am liking most of the colours too, but I splahed out in San Francisco recently and bought lots of OPI varnishes! Surely i won't be tempted by nails inc. tsv :wonder:

I realised yesterday when i went offline(i do sometimes go into the high street-so old fashioned:blush:) that i was praising this TSV and saying what value it was? Silly mo me - as we dont know the price yet!! Its eight full size and four minis so hopefully we might get an under £20 TSV:sun: - i'll buy if £30ish including p&p but wont mind if its cheaper:happy:

Off thread subject - i recently bought the OPI all of a flutter collection(summer 2010) on QActive Bargain Hunter - i got it for under £25 inc p&p:sun: and love love love the shimmery teal- Catch me in your net. I remember reading brilliant reviews in the summer about this colour and they were all so right, this is the nicest OPI colour i've seen up till now(and i've seen a few). Love it and cant wait to paint my nails-i just manicured/pedicured on Friday - this arrived yesterday!!:doh:

I've never tried the Albert bridge topcoat or Seche Vite but, like Lulu and Sazza, love the cavier topcoat -it dries polish/lacquer quickly and (i think) it has a nail treatment(cavier) in the formula. I've used it with Nails Inc,OPI and Leighton Denny polishes/laquers and it works well with all.

That's realy interesting cos i remember the woman(the original one) saying the caviar top coat only worked with their own polishes.
I shall use it now with Leighton's.
:mysmilie_504:

Hi Clairella - i havent heard Heather or Helen(original lady) say that before but it sounds like a sales comment to me? I find that the only time my lacquer/polish doesnt "set" is because my nail bed wasnt clean and oil free before applying(and that includes handcream). As i've said before i use all QVC nail brands and only use caviar top and base coat with them all (apart from products bought in TSV's etc).Good Luck:sun:

I agree the caviar top coat works over any polish not just Nails Inc.

I love my Nails INC colours and own over 30 bottles up to date but I have a problem with their staying power. If I use a polish on it's own -- it lasts only a few hours and chips on the same day. If I use Kensington Caviar Base and top coat -- it lasts 2-3 days. I now use OPI top coat so it goes like this: caviar base coat+nails inc varnish+OPI top coat+Kensington Caviar top coat - this may stay on my nails for up to 4-5 days. I have read reviews that nails inc colours last up to 10 days, please can someone help with a proper technique on how to apply nails inc varnishes so they last up to 10 days or at least 5-7? I do clean my nails before applying base coat with a nail polish remover. Also, can anyone please advice a brand of a nail polish that really lasts 5 to 10 days? Thank you in anticipation.

Last edited:
I love my Nails INC colours and own over 30 bottles up to date but I have a problem with their staying power. If I use a polish on it's own -- it lasts only a few hours and chips on the same day. If I use Kensington Caviar Base and top coat -- it lasts 2-3 days. I now use OPI top coat so it goes like this: caviar base coat+nails inc varnish+OPI top coat+Kensington Caviar top coat - this may stay on my nails for up to 4-5 days. I have read reviews that nails inc colours last up to 10 days, please can someone help with a proper technique on how to apply nails inc varnishes so they last up to 10 days or at least 5-7? I do clean my nails before applying base coat with a nail polish remover. Also, can anyone please advice a brand of a nail polish that really lasts 5 to 10 days? Thank you in anticipation.

It doesn't matter what polish I use it rarely stays on for more than 3 days, worst of the lot is leighton denny which just peels off.

Latest posts

Back