Nails Inc TSV - 24/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Contrary to what Sazza just said, I have been wearing Rebel by Leighton Denny for 8 days now and only have slight tipwear. I like LD, OPI and Nails Inc polishes, and also China Glaze, Nubar, Orly and Zoya which I get on eBay. I always use LD Under Cover base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

It doesn't matter what polish I use it rarely stays on for more than 3 days, worst of the lot is leighton denny which just peels off.

Yes, LD is the worst in my experience and OPI is the best but I always go for INC TSVs as the value for money is good and its always nail colours, with OPI TSVs it's nail files, avoplex, nails envy which I don't need so I never bought an OPI TSV, but I would if they put colours only. By the way, nail envy ruined my nails in the past, I'm sure there was a thread here about it.

Contrary to what Sazza just said, I have been wearing Rebel by Leighton Denny for 8 days now and only have slight tipwear. I like LD, OPI and Nails Inc polishes, and also China Glaze, Nubar, Orly and Zoya which I get on eBay. I always use LD Under Cover base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

I find Zoya absolutely useless, it never worked for me.

It doesn't matter what polish I use it rarely stays on for more than 3 days, worst of the lot is leighton denny which just peels off.

It does exactly the same on me sazza :hi:

I'll never forget the humiliation of checking into the Hilton Park Lane and noticing that 4 fingers were completely devoid of my newly applied LD polish :envy:

I'll never forget the humiliation of checking into the Hilton Park Lane and noticing that 4 fingers were completely devoid of my newly applied LD polish :envy:

That was really bad, I really feel for you Jabbathehut

I think we are all different and no one can say X brand will stay on for 8/10 days. I am lucky as I do get good results with OPI, LD, Zoya, nails inc varnishes. They all last me 5 days as I always take them off regardless on the 5th day giving 1 1/2 days for the nails to breath.

Exactly the same here, LD peels off completely within an hour or two of application. I've never experienced it with any other brand and can generally keep my nails completely chipless for at least 5 days.

Exactly the same here, LD peels off completely within an hour or two of application. I've never experienced it with any other brand and can generally keep my nails completely chipless for at least 5 days.

Yep - I am the same with LD Nail Polishes, I can't get them to stick on ever. I love the colours but they just do not 'stay' on my nails - I've painted them with LD colours on clean, dry nails and they've simply peeled off less than 12 hours later. However, his treatments like the Bio Build Serum are simply wonderful and I really rate them.

I have had the most luck with OPI and Essie (and from the dreaded germy stinking high street) Rimmel Polishes and very little else. Get all apart from the Rimmel from e-bay though. The 'Essie 3 Way Glaze' is the best base/top coat I've tried.

I had a Nails Inc TSV last year, but all the polishes seperated within three months and they had to be clodded out. Not good...:wonder:

Oh dear, not a good look!! :emo:

Yep - I am the same with LD Nail Polishes, I can't get them to stick on ever. I love the colours but they just do not 'stay' on my nails - I've painted them with LD colours on clean, dry nails and they've simply peeled off less than 12 hours later. However, his treatments like the Bio Build Serum are simply wonderful and I really rate them.

I have had the most luck with OPI and Essie (and from the dreaded germy stinking high street) Rimmel Polishes and very little else. Get all apart from the Rimmel from e-bay though. The 'Essie 3 Way Glaze' is the best base/top coat I've tried.

I had a Nails Inc TSV last year, but all the polishes seperated within three months and they had to be clodded out. Not good...:wonder:

Did the nails inc polish not return to normal when rolled/shaken?

I keep my nails inc in the fridge as suggested on qvc and they are fine a year on.

My favourite of LD is the correction liquid and at the moment no other company do it.
The LD correction liquid is brilliant and lasts ages.

I think we are all different and no one can say X brand will stay on for 8/10 days. I am lucky as I do get good results with OPI, LD, Zoya, nails inc varnishes. They all last me 5 days as I always take them off regardless on the 5th day giving 1 1/2 days for the nails to breath.

Hi Belle - i've never heard about "allowing your nail to breath" - but when i think about it its logical-i think. I've always been told that my nailbed is "dead" and the only "live" part is just below/at the cuticle which i use OPI Avoplex oil daily to "feed". Do you find allowing the nail to breath helps? I'm intrigued:sun: Many Thanks

Having read all the posts re "nail varnish/lacquer not lasting" i'm wondering what i'm doing as my manicure lasts at least a week, i do get small chips due to typing etc but these are easy sorted without any damage to the look of the manicure. I use OPI Chip Skip and also paint(both varnish/lacquer and top coat) over my free edge, i also reapply my topcoat/or nail envy once during the week. The only time LD polish literally(as AY would say!!) peeled off my nails - i had a similar experience to Jabba!! i had applied handcream just before doing my manicure and it must have still been on my nailbed because thats the one and only time(up till now) that this has happened to me. I suppose like everything else all our nails have different compositions of protein(and other chemistry bits) etc so maybe like hair some of us are more oily/dryer than others? By the way i'm not a lady of leisure(i wish!!).

On the subject of nail treatments(Nail envy etc) - the OPI girls(and i remember the Supernails lady saying the same) have always said that it is fine to paint nail envy/nail eat and drink over polish but on LD last show he said he wouldn't advise this as it was a waste of product - anybody help?

Hi Belle - i've never heard about "allowing your nail to breath" - but when i think about it its logical-i think. I've always been told that my nailbed is "dead" and the only "live" part is just below/at the cuticle which i use OPI Avoplex oil daily to "feed". Do you find allowing the nail to breath helps? I'm intrigued:sun: Many Thanks

I have heard one of the nail experts say you don't need to allow nails to breath as it is dead, can't remember who it was I heard say it though.

I rebuke you Nails Inc and your awesome nail polishes!

Bah!

No doubt I'll be ordering these one nano-second after midnight!

Hi QP, I am no nail expert, but I have always stuck to this routine. For me I have 4 layers of polish on nail bed (base coat, 2 coats of polish and top coat) and I just think the nail needs a bit of free time from it all :giggle:

I also wear dark colours most of the time and find if the nails have slightly dis coloured allowing some days without varnish seems to bring them back to normal.

I also do not take the polish on the whole nail bed. I leave tiny gaps on the sides and the cuticle. Again I have seen some brands do this but not! i think you have to do what you think works or is right for you. There is no right or wrong way as far as I see it!

I have heard guests say that treatments do work if you apply over the polish so don't know who to believe :wonder:

Did the nails inc polish not return to normal when rolled/shaken?

Hi Sazza! No, they didn't. I tried gently rolling them and shaking them quite vigorously - there was a very distinct seperation of the polish, like a gloopy oily residue on top and the remains of the polish underneath. No amount of shaking could get them mixed. I was quite disappointed as the colours went on nicely and lasted too. I've had several french manicure kits from Nails Inc all of which have been fabulous. It seemed to be the literal actual colours that seperated...:bandit:

oh no! I'm going to have to buy it now! it looks so good and the colours are fab and the price is very good too! This will be going on cheque hold as well as I dont get paid til Friday! :nod:

Latest posts

Back