My returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I very rarely return items, only if they are not as described in the blurb or presentations, or they were very misleading. But in the last 2 months I've returned 3 items worth about £600!

So far, only 1 has been refunded, the 2nd has not arrived back yet (after about 2 weeks since collection) and the 3rd will be collected tomorrow.

The 1st one was the Clickfree backup device. I wanted this to transfer photos from my Ipad to PC. I bought it solely because of the misleading info by Lee Hohbien, who said it will work on any tablets, even old ones.

My ipad is old, so I bought it. As soon as I looked at the box, it said it needed a certain version of ios, and mine is many generations older than that (and won't update), so I didn't even open the box!

I'll give more info on when I sent it back and how long the refund took when I get chance to look it up. I did get the PP refunded, but I had requested this on the return slip. BTW It has had loads of poor reviews and won't do what Lee said!

If anyone is interested, I will keep this updated with details of the other items and their refund progress, and reasons for return.

Will I get "The Letter"?

How easy would it have been for Lee to say it works on old tablets but they do need to have " and give the relevant minimum IOS version or equivalent"? I mean you didn't even have to open the box to see it would be no good to you, so there's no excuse for such sloppy presenting.

How easy would it have been for Lee to say it works on old tablets but they do need to have " and give the relevant minimum IOS version or equivalent"? I mean you didn't even have to open the box to see it would be no good to you, so there's no excuse for such sloppy presenting.
Lee could have asked Alexa.
Strato any ‘letter’ should be from you to QVC.

Makes you wonder if it’s ‘selective’ presenting, he selects what to tell us and more importantly what NOT to tell us.

I never feel he’s telling me much anyway - he gets excited about what it can do but not how it does it, nor its limitations.

Makes you wonder if it’s ‘selective’ presenting, he selects what to tell us and more importantly what NOT to tell us.

I never feel he’s telling me much anyway - he gets excited about what it can do but not how it does it, nor its limitations.
I think in this case it sounds like a case of "rubbish presenting" He just missed out giving vital information. I get what you mean though I'm sure that some BAs are fully aware of a product's limitations but will only tell you what it can do as opposed to what it can't which is fine to a certain degree 'cause that's what they're there for. However It's good when the presenter with them asks "useful" questions.

I rarely watch technology shows when Lee’s presenting because, when I have done, I’m none the wiser as to what the things do when he finishes waffling on than I am before he starts. However, I do now know what his QVC’s play list is, whether he needs an umbrella or how to use a keyboard. 🙄 Needless to say, I don’t buy tech from QVC.

I very rarely return items, only if they are not as described in the blurb or presentations, or they were very misleading. But in the last 2 months I've returned 3 items worth about £600!

So far, only 1 has been refunded, the 2nd has not arrived back yet (after about 2 weeks since collection) and the 3rd will be collected tomorrow.

The 1st one was the Clickfree backup device. I wanted this to transfer photos from my Ipad to PC. I bought it solely because of the misleading info by Lee Hohbien, who said it will work on any tablets, even old ones.

My ipad is old, so I bought it. As soon as I looked at the box, it said it needed a certain version of ios, and mine is many generations older than that (and won't update), so I didn't even open the box!

I'll give more info on when I sent it back and how long the refund took when I get chance to look it up. I did get the PP refunded, but I had requested this on the return slip. BTW It has had loads of poor reviews and won't do what Lee said!

If anyone is interested, I will keep this updated with details of the other items and their refund progress, and reasons for return.

Will I get "The Letter"?
You will get "the letter" if you return more than 60% of what you buy. It doesn't depend on the prices you paid, only the percentage of what you returned.

Badge of honour if you get the letter!
Never buy anything tech from you know who,as for the refund they are so behind the times.
In truth other companies will refund you quicker,and be much cheaper.
Please publish the letter if you get one,we could all do with a laugh 😆

DPD collected an item today (more later about this) and they arrived within 5 minutes of their scheduled time, and put their own label on it, so I didn't have to wait for Q to post one.

Why can't they always do this? With my previous return, QVC said that they couldn't do this, but they obviously can.

i am unsuccessfully trying to get QVC to chase up 2 returns where i am out of pocket.

I always keep the Evri shop returns cards so should be ok. One is a return not showing up yet after 3 weeks .
The other, believe it or not, is due to Evri returning me my own return - despite having a returns label on it- if that makes sense. Basically I bought a dress, returned it via an Evri store (with store-printed label). I then got it re-delivered back to me 2 days later - despite the fact I don't live at the Returns Centre in Liverpool...

i am unsuccessfully trying to get QVC to chase up 2 returns where i am out of pocket.

I always keep the Evri shop returns cards so should be ok. One is a return not showing up yet after 3 weeks .
The other, believe it or not, is due to Evri returning me my own return - despite having a returns label on it- if that makes sense. Basically I bought a dress, returned it via an Evri store (with store-printed label). I then got it re-delivered back to me 2 days later - despite the fact I don't live at the Returns Centre in Liverpool...
That happened to me years ago with a coat, I was so annoyed, it took me ages to sort it out with QVC as there was no Evri pick up then.

Hmm, could this possibly be that they think some people will not send it back, but just take the hit? Sloppy presenting's one thing, but if they said it would work on all, then that's a bold statement to make.

I have had the Post Office return an item to me twice now when I have used a QVC return label. Now I cross out my address so it can't happen again. Made me quite annoyed.

Hmm, could this possibly be that they think some people will not send it back, but just take the hit? Sloppy presenting's one thing, but if they said it would work on all, then that's a bold statement to make.
I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be prepared to "take the hit" on tech products and if they did it'd be plain stupid. I guess they just don't care as long as they make sales on the day and I guess that there would only be trouble if they got an unprecedented amount of returns. They love to tell people that stuff is flying out of the building and to hurry up! I'm pretty sure that on cheaper items, people will take the hit - I've done it myself

My 2nd item was collected 10 days ago, but when I asked QVC CS if they'd received it yet, they said the warehouse deals with returns and I had to wait at least 14 days. I'm not desparate for the refund, I just want to know if it's got back OK, as it was £200. And the Evri courier was unduly curious about what it was, which made me suspicious.

DPD collected an item today (more later about this) and they arrived within 5 minutes of their scheduled time, and put their own label on it, so I didn't have to wait for Q to post one.

Why can't they always do this? With my previous return, QVC said that they couldn't do this, but they obviously can
The recent toothbrush TSV is direct dispatch and is being delivered by DPD, so QVC do have dealings with them.

If DPD can put their own label on it, then QVC sending out returns labels is pretty archaic. Other companies print out their own labels as well.

Will I get "The Letter"?
Well I can tell you it didn’t work on my iPad Air either and that was new last year. I contacted the help service via online chat - it’s an outsourced service need I say more - and I’d already tried everything she told me. Basically o came to the conclusion that it just will not work in iPads no matter what they tell you. It got so far then kept coming up the same message over and over again. What’s more I think they absolutely know this! I use an iPhone and it did work with that BUT having revisited it again a couple of times I’m not certain it’s working as it should and, of course, too late to send back as mine was bought in the previous TSV. I have to admit I was very shocked that the helpdesk are just a foreign firm that service many other tech devices and brands

Well I can tell you it didn’t work on my iPad Air either and that was new last year. I contacted the help service via online chat - it’s an outsourced service need I say more - and I’d already tried everything she told me. Basically o came to the conclusion that it just will not work in iPads no matter what they tell you. It got so far then kept coming up the same message over and over again. What’s more I think they absolutely know this! I use an iPhone and it did work with that BUT having revisited it again a couple of times I’m not certain it’s working as it should and, of course, too late to send back as mine was bought in the previous TSV. I have to admit I was very shocked that the helpdesk are just a foreign firm that service many other tech devices and brands
It’s really bad that they are basically selling an item they know won’t work…

There’s a lot of upset on the QVCuk Facebook page regarding the case for the last Amazon kindle fire. No codes working, people had to contact customer service numerous times and still not despatched. Very bad service, and people have paid for something that has not been forthcoming. One of the reasons I would never buy anything like thwt from QVC

They knew there was a problem with the Ninja ice-cream machine because they said in the presentation that if the IC was not smooth, just press the reblend button and it will make it OK.

I pressed it loads of times, and it was still crumbly and gritty. There were no reviews on QVC because it sold out so it disappeared on their site, but there were loads of dreadful reviews on Amazon.

Having sent it back and I will have £200 back in my pocket (eventually, not yet though) I have been buying luxury IC, instead of my normal value brands. So far have had Cornish clotted cream, rum and raisin, salted caramel, and mint choc chip :) But I still have lots of unused ingredients I bought to make my own with the machine :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back