My reason for being upset at phone only £1 celebrations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aww Jacqualina how very kind of you

So sorry to hear about this Mirabelle and Argey. It shouldn't be beyond Gems to organise something to suit everybody. Would either of you like me to phone up and ask to speak to a supervisor to put your points across for you? Just let me know and I'll give it a try.

Aww Jacqualina what a very kind and noble gesture this is from you!!:1:

Jacqualina you could try if you want to do it that is, and let Argey and myself know if they take your comments seriously, and how they intend to get around this matter of discrimination....:33:
as they are not at all being "fair to all" their customers.

Hope you will let us all know soon, how you get on with your phone call!.

Many thanks Jacqualina and much luv,

Mirabelle xxx:40:

Hi Jacqualina,

That's really thoughtful of you, but for me at least, would kind of defeat the object. If someone else has to do our complaining for us then there's no point in our using a channel that was accessible and now seems strangely content to ignore us, DDA or no DDA. The point is that the internet, generally speaking, gives us equality and accessibility. I am a member of a stroppy cripples group here in London and may well draw this channel's practises to their attention. However, there are bigger fish to fry at the moment, i.e. transport, shops, etc., and I do have a mighty big gob. :4:

So thank you for your kind offer, though I cannot speak for Mira, who may be glad of your assistance.

Luv and xxxx's
Argey

"Aww what a lovely gesture Argey!!!... thank you for being so kind! :1:
but do they really deserve our custom anymore though?

Luv to all,

Hiyers Mira,

I don't intend giving them any custom, unless I see something I am just too weak to resist but I doubt it.:20:

Luv
Argey

Hi Sweepy and all,

I've watched a bit this morning and its not just special games that are telephone only, but every single item. They have therefore effectively cut out their disabled and working customers, for a whole week. Even bigger disgrace than I at first thought.

Well I guess they'll have done a good job in alienating a number of customers. Once I had recovered from Craig's rudeness I had decided not to "cut off my nose to spite my face". I shall probably checkout my basket, but other than £1 drops for me and Mira this week, I'm a gonna from Gems.

It's not that we can't get things for a £1 that really gripes, but the constant being left out of things generaly in life. In this more enlightened time, they should have been much more aware, particularly in view of the law.

Luv
Argey

Emptied my basket of over £100 clearance items

Hi Sweepy and all,

I've watched a bit this morning and its not just special games that are telephone only, but every single item. They have therefore effectively cut out their disabled and working customers, for a whole week. Even bigger disgrace than I at first thought.

Well I guess they'll have done a good job in alienating a number of customers. Once I had recovered from Craig's rudeness I had decided not to "cut off my nose to spite my face". I shall probably checkout my basket, but other than £1 drops for me and Mira this week, I'm a gonna from Gems.

It's not that we can't get things for a £1 that really gripes, but the constant being left out of things generaly in life. In this more enlightened time, they should have been much more aware, particularly in view of the law.

Luv
Argey

Hiya again Argey,:1:

"I have emptied my basket in disgust..I had a basket worth over £100.00.
and I emptied the lot...I decided they didn't deserve my custom any longer and that I'd be better off keeping my money in my pocket.:28:

Luv Mirabelle xxx :40:

Hi Each,

Me again - Sam has just capped it. She was prattling on about phone players only to be fair, so would webbers "run to the phone". Eeh you 'ave to larf.

Argey

Assumptions...Assumptions...

Hi Each,

Me again - Sam has just capped it. She was prattling on about phone players only to be fair, so would webbers "run to the phone". Eeh you 'ave to larf.

Argey

Hi again Argey,:1:
I agree Argey ..if you didn't laugh at it...you could :17:

Jeez... yet another assumption that all their clientele can actually "run to the phone" or actually "speak on a phone" or "hear on a phone"

Why can't someone make an apology for this atrocious behaviour?

Luv Mirabelle xx :40:

Hi Mira and Argey and everyone

I am so disgusted by Gems and the awful way that they are alienating a good proportion of their customers!!:mad:

Run to the phone....eh....Sam,not the most tactful turn of phrase is it,deary!!:58:

It seems that the only thing web buyers are good for is to palm off all your crap and returns to in the web only games.........well I for one am not going to be treated that way,with such disdain,and neither are those 'valued' customers for whom the internet and web buying option is an extremely important lifeline.

There was a time when I watched your channel for hours,it was so much fun,but that has gone and so has your 'award winning'(apparently) customer service.

You no longer deserve my custom because of your discriminatory ways.

How sad!:(

Another farce eh? Gems seem to spend each day doing something to shoot themselves in the foot. They stole this idea from TJC who have been doing this type of thing for ages. The difference is that TJC do it right - you can use the web or the phone. I have been fortunate enough to get several pieces at £1 and a few at £5 from TJC and all done on the web.

Sweetpea was totally correct - Gems are not doing this to be nice to their existing, loyal customers but to try to get in new customers - they probably need to since they appear to have lost so many of us regulars!!

Sadly since they lost Steve they've been on a rapid decline and I'm sorry to say but I don't think they'll still be around this time next year.

well in this enlightened day and age I'd have thought GTV would make more of an effort to encapsulate their whole range of viewers and facilitate buying for everyone. Evidently not.

Well it's their loss ultimately, but it does not make those viewers affected feel very nice in the meantime.

Talk about overlooking an opportunity the silly sods...

Big hugs to you my gobby friends!

I have spoken to the Call Centre Manager and he said he would have to take it 'higher up'. I asked him to call me when he had spoken to someone so will let you know when I hear anything.
I appreciate you feel that this is too late, but at the very least it will be interesting to hear what their reaction is.

Hi Jacqualina,

Thank you so much for your trouble. Can't wait to hear the reply, if you get one of course.

Meanwhile, here I am watching away, seriously lots of £1ers. Have been having a go when me waters were telling me too, but the phones have been either engaged or not answering. What a total ****up. Anyway, not much else to do so will soldier on. May fare better late afternoon, after midnight or early a.m.

Luv
Argey

Big Thank you to jacqualina

:40:
Hi Jacqualina,

Thank you so much for your trouble. Can't wait to hear the reply, if you get one of course.

Meanwhile, here I am watching away, seriously lots of £1ers. Have been having a go when me waters were telling me too, but the phones have been either engaged or not answering. What a total ****up. Anyway, not much else to do so will soldier on. May fare better late afternoon, after midnight or early a.m.

Luv
Argey

:1: My thanks too Jacqualina... I will wait with baited breathe at a reply to your return phone call from "Higher up"...
I hope they don't let you down too!:54: we can but :51: for a response.

Much Luv, and thanks again.:1:

Hi y'all,

As the phones are still either engaged or so slow to reply that the game is over by the time the computer picks up, then I must assume that, as was suggested by someone else earlier, that people are phoning and hogging the line. I strongly suspect they will be getting a lot of cancelled orders, because just as easily as we can throw things out of our baskets, they can cancel their orders.

I am now very irritated by this, to such an extent that I have had to sit down and write an e-mail strongly, but politely, expressing my feelings on the whole sorry affair. This was as much about clearing my chest as anything else.

Not expecting a reply but will let you know if anything happens.

Luv
Argey

Hi all

I've just come back to the forum after a bit of a break and have followed this thread with interest.

I've just tried to ring CS to give them the benefit of my thoughts on how they are handing these 'birthday celebrations' £1 specials. Of course, they are 'experiencing a very high volume of calls....with a waiting time of 20 minutes'. So I shall email my thoughts on this matter instead. I feel it should be an equal playing field for all and this comment about it being fairer on phone bidders is just plain nonsense.

Have any of them tried putting in a last minute bid using the web?
We may be able to click quickly, but this new website is so slow...that whilst waiting for it to check availability..
..they've often already sold out! I've missed out on several occasions in the past

I think the truth may be, that based on their experiences last time, when the limited number of pieces available each time sold so quickly to very speedy phone bidders that they have realised that web bidders might as well not even bother! And all this is a ploy just to discourage us complaining on here that web bidding cannot match the speed of successful phone bidding. :31:

I suspect this 'sales' strategy is going to irritate a lot of folks including phone buyers if they keep finding the lines already engaged, as mentioned earlier.

'Shooting themselves in the foot' is a phrase that springs to mind.

I'm sure they had different style competitions before, when they gave away one piece of jewellery per hour free.

They'd choose one game from the last hour to be the competition game, then pick one person's name from the hat, and that person got their item free.

That could be fair

I know that there's the argument that web players could just put everything into their baskets on the off chance, so it could probably be 'checked out' items only.

I'm not buying from Gems any more anyway, I'm fed up with the lack of customer services and the non-response to emails. My final purchase was a lovely ring but rather spoiled by the total disinterest in sorting out a problem with it. I've gone to Rocks TV for bargains & auction excitement and back to second-hand jewellers for diamonds. Don't actually miss Gems at all.

Blimey gals - I got one. Looks like me waters have still got it, even if the rest of me ain't. Won't say wot I got until the end of the week when Mira can make a choice. Watch this space Mira.

Luv and xxx's
Argey

Blimey gals - I got one. Looks like me waters have still got it, even if the rest of me ain't. Won't say wot I got until the end of the week when Mira can make a choice. Watch this space Mira.

Luv and xxx's
Argey
Well done you.......patience is a virtue(I have none this PMT week!!!lol)

Was it the dog collar......suits you sir!!:9:

The 3 option does not require you to speak. There for Mirabelle can bid. hope this helps sort this out.

Latest posts

Back