My name’s Alan and I’m a recovering QVC-holic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Because I didn't start keeping a note of all my purchases straight away, and the order history on QVC only goes back a year, they are going to send me a list of ALL my purchases.

Looking at this should help my therapy, expecially if I dare to add up the costs!
I'm sure BB is beside himself with anticipation waiting for you to post.

I wouldn't dare!!:sweat::mysmilie_466:

Neither would I

I don't think the printout would fit into the house, as I've been buying from day 1!

But, to be fair I rarely buy much now, as there's nothing to tempt me, there's way better, cheaper,and much more effective beauty products to be found on the web, and even the dreaded high street!

I dread to think how much ive spent on Qvc since 2000,ive bought so much stuff.
Admittedly some of it is more than I need,but its an obsession attached to depression and agoraphobia.
I do have Qvc to thank for my skin care as before 2000 I had sore irritated and highly sensitive skin.
I bought molton browns face wash in a set and that set me on the road to healthy skin.
I now use a mixture of Emma Hardie and Sarah Chapman and havent looked back since.
I rememeber FX nails,mojave magic,mood changing lipsticks and Ultra Glow lol
I do over spend and I am naughty hehehehe

Sorry to bring this thread back, but another thread has reminded me of it. I am posting because of the "miracle" below.

I still haven't got up the courage to go through the list of all the items I've bought from QVC and add up the costs.

5 rooms in my house have QVC, IW and Lidl stuff scattered around, many items unused since new, but "they will come in handy one day".

I had to move my fridge yesterday, and by some miracle I actually managed to find some rollers I'd bought years ago which went under the feet so I could move it easier, so "they actually had come in handy one day".

I remember years ago, i was returning a pair of Northern Night sheets which had
shrunk, well they sent me an itemised list of everything i"d bought, to look and
see if i could find the sheets. What a silly move, on their part, but i was
astonished at how much i"d spent. Gobsmacked. Never told anyone how much
it was, ASHAMED :sweat:

I now am a confirmed amazon-aholic, mainly for Kindle/secondhand books and gadgets that I see on shoppingtelly, then check the price elsewhere, usually amazon, that gives me time to decide if I REALLY REALLY want it, then I go to the amazon website and get it from there, I bought my android tablet and Phillips airfryer from amazon, both much much less than from any of the shopping channels, neither of which would I be without now. I watch shoppingtelly to check stuff out, see what new ideas are coming out then wait for amazon/ebay to have a version.

Come on Strato - be brave - did they send you the list of your purchases?

I think there's a little bit of the hoarder in all of us. I've spent a good chunk of today going through paperwork and recycling/shredding. I'm feeling the need to 'get the crap out of my house'.

On my last visit to the post office, the nice man behind the counter was almost apologetic when he told me how much to send my instyler back to qvc, I made a sort of promise to him that I wouldn't buy anymore off them, he just smiled knowingly as if to say "You'll be back".
I may have to find another post office ;)

Good thread.
My first ever purchase was the painting set by an american woman, cant recall her name Donna dewberry? must be over 12 years ago now and I think I still have the set somewhere. The worst purchase was an exercise Blade! A big wobbly boats oar type thing, sent it back after my husband laughed at me and shook his head in that 'when will she ever learn' way.

Have since curbed the spending quite a bit and stick to faves like ABC and a few others. Also I dont fall for the sales patter and like mediastar I check amazon reviews and prices.

Come on Strato - be brave - did they send you the list of your purchases?

I think there's a little bit of the hoarder in all of us. I've spent a good chunk of today going through paperwork and recycling/shredding. I'm feeling the need to 'get the crap out of my house'.

That is my intention this school holiday! Wish me luck :sweat: :doh: :yawn:

anyone watch the hoarders on tv ? have been much more careful last few weeks, by the way strato the Aldi/Lidl thing is allowed everybody i know who goes in them, always look at the specials,must say I've bought some odd things there but as you say 'they'll come in handy one day'!!!!!

I have not brought anything now for over a month & feeling quite proud of myself. I decided I was going to give myself a sabbatical from purchasing from QVC. I still sit & watch but don't even feel vaguely tempted. Not even on Sunday by Judith Williams. I have a cupboard full of skincare I need to use & its just ridiculous to keep buying more & more.

I probably have bought a fair few things over the time but my brain fails me..
The most recent one was that kitchen chopper thing on tsv. Huge salad bowl with a lettuce spinner, graters, choppers, julienne or whatever that is etc..
I tried the grater thing once and it took me way longer than a traditional grater.. the chopper thing was okay but having to slice a tomato in half to just put it through the chopper to get a few squares.. could've done it with a knife in half the time and saved the washing up - OHH but the guy made it look so easy.. and they had it in purple! Had visions of being a domestic goddess in the kitchen whizzing up colourul fruit salads and the like..
One redeeming feature was the salad spinner.. I hate wet lettuce and it actually works really well... until that is a saw "just" a salad spinner in purple from £6 from Matalan or somewhere like it.
Gutted! Think I pad QVC about £30 for the pleasure!
:mysmilie_476:

Probably the most useless thing I've ever bought (and that's saying something) was a battery operated ice cream maker.

You mixed the ice cream recipe, put it into the tub of this gadget, switched it on, and a paddle went around to keep it mixed up, then put it into the freezer.

The trouble is, BATTERIES DO NOT WORK at -18 degrees celcius, so it only kept working for a few minutes.

Good god, I've bought some useless shite in my time from qvc and some of the other channels, and I was just trying to remember some of the items...and yup, I bought that heap of junk too. I followed the instructions to the letter, poured in the liquid, came back however many hours later to find the liquid...well still liquid...Ice cream, my foot! If I remember rightly I couldn't be bothered to send it back and I ended up giving the base of the unit to my mum to use as a food bowl for her cats! I'll come back later when I remember some of the other rubbish I've wasted my hard earned cash on!

I've remembered a few more ill considered purchases....A silver day TSV, it was quite a while ago, and the deal was a three silver chains, a number of different pendants and a couple of pairs of earrings...I think the set cost about £30 with the postage. When it arrived I was shocked, the word flimsy wasn't strong enough to desribe quite how flimsy this stuff was, I've seen thicker coke cans. It wouldn't even give the stuff to a child it was such poor quality!...and what's more this was in the day when I couldn't be bothered to send half the stuff back, it went rusty in weeks! Nowadays, although I tend to still order a lot of stuff I probably don't need....if I'm not entirely happy with a product it gets sent straight back.

Anyway here's a list of the crappest buys I can remember (not all qvc) but all from shopping channels

h20 vac....heavy, really difficult to clean, no suction, bulky to store

Lori Greiner revolving organiser...big bulky and ugly, compartments too small to fit anything in really...got sent back

Air o dry....worst purchase ever...reduces the need for ironing?.....no it didn't if anything it caused more work

battery operated ice cream maker..see above

Starchef....dreadful product.

Telescopic window squeegee/magnetic window cleaners......both useless , both dangerous

Tova perfume...smelled like flykiller

Majestic bag....so poor quality....it was supposed to be leather....I didn't realise that leather could be sprayed on!

There have been quite a few decent buys as well, just stuff that I've liked but here are my best buys from the channels

Mini slow cooker
stylee hair combs
magic bullet
miche bag
Joan rivers long string of chocolate brown pearls
Scarflace...sorry folks, I love 'em!

Latest posts

Back