My make up stockpile

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm truly amazed at some of the stockpiles on this thread!
I do it myself, of course! Until I discovered Ojon, I bought hair products all the time, searching for the ideal product for my fine, curly hair, which of course I want to be thick, straight and glossy.
I'm involved with a charity that feeds and neuters stray cats and I've just given then 5 huge bags of stuff to sell at their car-boot sale. There were loads of unopened Nick Chavez, De Cesare, Fix, Mop and other products.
Before we came here, we moved twice in 3 months as our house sold immediately and we had to move into rented while we got ready for here. Each time, I got rid of a massive amount of stuff.
When we arrived here, 5 years ago, we had the bare essentials but I appear to have "collected" a fair bit again - mostly clothes. I was embarrassed to find that twice, I've bought the same top without realising I already had it....:blush::blush:because my wardrobes and drawers are so full..........
It has been very salutary and a real eye-opener. I'm appalled at my extravagance!

I've just done a bit of a 'stocktake' and declutter of my make up and nail bags. I was shocked at how much Laura Geller stuff I'd got that was unopened/unused - stuff that I'd really wanted at the time, then just forgot about - because I stick to my few favourite staples from her range. I'll hopefully be putting them in The Drop in the next few weeks, as they are brand new unopened items that have been stored properly. I chucked some stuff out which was past it's best or half used, and stuff from other ranges I didn't like. But the biggest thing was chucking out all my half used bottles of Leighton Denny polishes/treatments which I really didn't get on with. Once I'd done that I had room for all the Nails Inc and L'oreal polishes I've bought recently - and now the blessed nail bag is full again!
I also a few weeks ago completely emptied out my bathroom cabinet, chucked out half used bottles of shampoos and conditioners I hated, products, shower gels etc. Now that's down to bare minimum apart from a stash of Molton Brown body lotions and hand creams that I can't use - again, brand new and unopened - so they'll be going up for sale too!

I'm truly amazed at some of the stockpiles on this thread!
I do it myself, of course! Until I discovered Ojon, I bought hair products all the time, searching for the ideal product for my fine, curly hair, which of course I want to be thick, straight and glossy.
I'm involved with a charity that feeds and neuters stray cats and I've just given then 5 huge bags of stuff to sell at their car-boot sale. There were loads of unopened Nick Chavez, De Cesare, Fix, Mop and other products.
Before we came here, we moved twice in 3 months as our house sold immediately and we had to move into rented while we got ready for here. Each time, I got rid of a massive amount of stuff.
When we arrived here, 5 years ago, we had the bare essentials but I appear to have "collected" a fair bit again - mostly clothes. I was embarrassed to find that twice, I've bought the same top without realising I already had it....:blush::blush:because my wardrobes and drawers are so full..........
It has been very salutary and a real eye-opener. I'm appalled at my extravagance!

I think that has been a bit of my problem Artemis, I dont look at it as stockpiling as its all different, its not like the three bottles of unopened LE C&P in my cupboard, the lippys, blushers, eyeshadows etc are all different and were bought to achieve different looks but in reality, it is a stockpile isnt it? I am not buying any more make up - well apart from mascara when mine runs out - but I am not ready to throw anything away yet either......I love my stash of make-up :heart:

This place is lethal, I pop in 'just for a sec' and find I am still here 2 hours later. Considering the average visit is 11. 18 minutes, this must mean I have developed a serious addition to ST.com as well. :confused2:

I'm definitely above average too!

Very surprised when I read how long the average visit is. Unless I am very short of time I get on here and it is like visiting Narnia, I am ages catching up on the gossip etc.

Great thread Loveheart.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts ladies thank you.

Yesterday I decided to clear out my make up. I thought I had loads, but was surprised to find that apart from lip glosses and eye liners,I didn't have as much as I thought. Unlike skincare/ body gels/lotions etc.

I think probably because my skin is so flipping awful sometimes I dread putting on make up. I've never found as the "resident beauty expert" bellows that make up covers all my lumps and bumps but makes them look worse. I get an even skin tone with foundation/ concealor but the bumpiness is still evident and to me, looks worse and just depresses me.

I did have to throw out a couple of lipsticks which smelt odd - Thanks Donna, that's how they smelt waxy. I also got rid of some Ariane Poole glitter pencils. Why I bought them I don't know because I never used them . I also finally threw out the Prescriptives magic potion, lotion powder stuff. I love prescriptives normally but this just never suited my skin. I think I kept buying it because usually Prescriptives suit me and I fell into the trap of thinking all items from a brand would, but clearly not.:eek:

Last edited:
Welcome to the F.A.R.T.S. hon. :wave2: :hi: :grin::talking::coffee::flower: :handshake: :flower::coffee::talking::grin::hi: :wave2:

It sounds like you and I have a LOT in common! :fart2:

F.A.R.Ting has been the making of me so I hope it works for you too.

But don't you think though the problem is with the system in ths country verus say the USA?

Over there if you buy a foundation, try it out at home, and it doesn't do all the wonderful things the ads, commercials, and sale assistants said it would do you can just take it back. Over here we shove it to the back of a drawer and go and buy another one! :eek:

TBH I've actually liked a lot of the foundations I've bought - but then along comes something *better* that I can't resist! Another problem I have is the stockpiling *in case of discontinuation* madness. If I like something a lot and something *better* hasn't come along immediately, I rush out and buy a few more. Sigh. I'm having that issue right now with my new skincare HG, Avon's Liiv serum. This was a totally unexpected
buy that I only tried because of Avon's fab MBG and it was rec'd to me by several friends. I bought it at half price from the last brochure and loved it even after the first application. (It makes me glow and tightens my pores!). I get this month's brochure and there it is, £2 more expensive and on a Last Chance to Buy!!!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Of course, I'll be ordering several bottles (along with another Magix primer - absolutely love this for the finish, the mattifying properties and the spf 20).

Agree with the US way of doing things, though they are tightening up big time now. EL and Clinique have a *love it or swap it* policy over here, but it's not exactly well advertised and I've come across a few SAs that have denied its existance, but if you make a mistake with these, it's worth knowing about.

I to had a slap audit and shocked myself big time! Its a great thing to do
as now I just wont watch any of the makeup shows. I intend to spend the
next two years working my through this lot.
I guess though that my mascara will need replacing soon though... so
maybe I better look at one or two shows

no, no, no, be strong!

Just thinking, if all ladies in the world all at once stopped purchasing what they liked and only purchased what they would need, so many retailers would go out of business.

I think economies would totally collapse, governments would fall and the current recession would not be "W" shaped, it would become a bottomless pit from which there would be no escape.!!!. Personally I would like to be ASBO'd from Boots (have massive one where I live) and it's all too tempting.

Just thrown away some Prescriptives lipglosses I bought 4 years ago!! I mainly use BE Buxoms now I have a ton of those too and not saying how many!

Just thrown away some Prescriptives lipglosses I bought 4 years ago!! I mainly use BE Buxoms now I have a ton of those too and not saying how many!

Come on, fess up. We have all bared our soul on this thread.

The problem with having a clearout and putting stuff in the Drop is that we are trying to flog it to those who are also trying to flog their stockpiles. Maybe we should start an "I'm looking for..." thread and then we all look through our stashes to see if we have it? :thinking2:

Excellent brainwave my lovely! :up2:

OK I can't believe, as the ANTI F.A.R.T., I'm going to say this but who remembers Noel Edmonds and Swap Shop? Why don't you start a swapping thread? It will only cost P&P and you will get something you really want. If you can't get what you want then sell it.

:devil:

I have kept my head down and said nowt so far but mmmmmmmmmmmmm I will own up! I have a six drawer stacker FILLED with make-up and over spill in several other places too. My skincare is in another stacker unit.................and in the bottom of the wardrobe on my side. And I still will NEED the Smashbox TSV. It's an addiction, and I am an addict, there I have confessed lol.

I have kept my head down and said nowt so far but mmmmmmmmmmmmm I will own up! I have a six drawer stacker FILLED with make-up and over spill in several other places too. My skincare is in another stacker unit.................and in the bottom of the wardrobe on my side. And I still will NEED the Smashbox TSV. It's an addiction, and I am an addict, there I have confessed lol.

Bet you feel better now BJ :D

awwww BJ, confession time lol
my make up stockpile is acceptable, i haven't bought anything for more than a year!!!
I wish I could say the same for my skincare...... this stockpile is huuuuge: 3 drawers in bedroom and 2 drawers in bathroom (and they are very large drawers indeed)
And still, as we speak I am ordering stuff from cheapsmells and will go for the elemis tsv..... Am I sad or what?

You're a far better person than me,BJ :clapping:
After my Shed,I've lost count of my hidey holes.My dd's old bedroom which my son has now claimed as his own has a double bed & underneath is a virtual treasure trove of goodies.
Beds in the other rooms are all divans with drawers built in underneath & they're all full too(8 large drawers in total)
My main bathroom has glass shelving all full of the more expensive lotions & potions,my ensuite contains all my everyday stuff for face & body.Two handbags are full of my everyday makeup & the list goes on & on & on.......:sleepy:

just caught up with the thread after being at work for the past 3 nights,well done loveheart for owning up to all the stuff you have bought and to everyone else too!!
I am no different myself,have 3 LE c&p under the bed,at least 6 cloths,eyebright and an unopened LE moisturiser,20 odd nail polishes,at least half of them unopened aswell,several l'occitane bubble baths and shower gels,2 lots of happy hands l'occitane hand cream kits,and wait for it,8 tubes of l'occitane hand creams!!,6 lavender,1 cherry and a honey and lemon one
1 box set of MBrown toiletries and 3 sets with 10X50mls in of different MB bubble baths,2 tubes of l'occitane foot cream, a few bits from lancome and a new clinque unopened DDML
I dont need to buy some of these things for years to come but I am as bad as the next person on here and become hypnotised into buying when the TSVs are on air....oh I cant even begin to admit how many yankee things I have ,there are candles under the bed and in the wardrobe in the spare room,at a rough guess there are probably 20 candles in all sizes and about 20 tarts too,there is also an unopened sampler set that someone brought back from America for me
The only good thing to come from this is that if I have a good sort out I will have gifts for all the girls in the family for Xmas without having to spend anything!!!!!
I need therapy now!!!!!!!!!! (HAVE DONE THIS FROM MEMORY THERES PROBABLY MORE UP THERE JUST CANT REMEMBER ):thinking2:

They weren't the 4 mini ones which came in a little flowered purse were they? I found a set which I also threw out, never used. I might as well have cut out the middle man ( QVC) and thrown the money straight in the bin. :headbang::blush:

Latest posts

Back