My make up stockpile

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Come on, fess up. We have all bared our soul on this thread.

:thinking2: ok not sure of the exact figure but its fifty something!!!

They weren't the 4 mini ones which came in a little flowered purse were they? I found a set which I also threw out, never used. I might as well have cut out the middle man ( QVC) and thrown the money straight in the bin. :headbang::blush:

Those were the ones I also had some in an orange zip up case admittedly they have been used but, I discovered BE soon after!

Talking of which I have 2 of those beauty cases full of BE plus 3 other BE bags I also have:

Laura Geller - 3 balance & brighten (2 fair 1 regular)
about 5 of the baked eyeliner duos
3 eyeliner rimz
2 blush (boysenberry & pink grapefruit)
1 creamy mascara

Smashbox:

2 Halo's in fair and 2 in Light
Fusions - 2 Sunsets, 2 Starburst, 2 Lens, 3 Shimmer, 1 Pearl, 1 Matrix, 1 Dimension, 1 Luminary, 1 Aglow, 2 Blushing Pink.
Jet sets - 2 Black, 2 Dark Brown, 3 Bronze, 2 Midnight Purple
Shadow Liners - 1 Hollywood, 1 Spotlight, 1 Imperial, 1 After Party 1 Exotic (trio)
5 eyeshadow trios
2 Quad shadows, 1 has a liner
Cream eyeliner - 2 x duo in Dark Plum/Expresso, 1 Proof palette, 1 x Thunder
3 x Lash DNA

as for BE I have no idea but, its a lot the only consolation is it doesn't go off!

**breathes**

Last edited:
awwww BJ, confession time lol
my make up stockpile is acceptable, i haven't bought anything for more than a year!!!
I wish I could say the same for my skincare...... this stockpile is huuuuge: 3 drawers in bedroom and 2 drawers in bathroom (and they are very large drawers indeed)
And still, as we speak I am ordering stuff from cheapsmells and will go for the elemis tsv..... Am I sad or what?

Yep. But if the stockpile is going down slowly then thats not too bad. I was once as you are now but since f.a.r.ting I see things differently. I realize I don't need all the things I want and I really think long and hard before ordering. If you need it go for it, if you don't, then try to f.a.r.t

I have kept my head down and said nowt so far but mmmmmmmmmmmmm I will own up! I have a six drawer stacker FILLED with make-up and over spill in several other places too. My skincare is in another stacker unit.................and in the bottom of the wardrobe on my side. And I still will NEED the Smashbox TSV. It's an addiction, and I am an addict, there I have confessed lol.

Beauty junkie, I would expect nothing less with a username like yours. Nothing else to be said.

:thinking2: ok not sure of the exact figure but its fifty something!!!

Those were the ones I also had some in an orange zip up case admittedly they have been used but, I discovered BE soon after!

Talking of which I have 2 of those beauty cases full of BE plus 3 other BE bags I also have:

Laura Geller - 3 balance & brighten (2 fair 1 regular)
about 5 of the baked eyeliner duos
3 eyeliner rimz
2 blush (boysenberry & pink grapefruit)
1 creamy mascara

Smashbox:

2 Halo's in fair and 2 in Light
Fusions - 2 Sunsets, 2 Starburst, 2 Lens, 3 Shimmer, 1 Pearl, 1 Matrix, 1 Dimension, 1 Luminary, 1 Aglow, 2 Blushing Pink.
Jet sets - 2 Black, 2 Dark Brown, 3 Bronze, 2 Midnight Purple
Shadow Liners - 1 Hollywood, 1 Spotlight, 1 Imperial, 1 After Party 1 Exotic (trio)
5 eyeshadow trios
2 Quad shadows, 1 has a liner
Cream eyeliner - 2 x duo in Dark Plum/Expresso, 1 Proof palette, 1 x Thunder
3 x Lash DNA

as for BE I have no idea but, its a lot the only consolation is it doesn't go off!

**breathes**

Keep breathing Clare!

I also seem to remember an orange purse, hope I don't come across another stock somewhere.

*doffs cap* well done. :handshake::flower:

I feel so out of the loop here as........I haven't got a make-up stash! :heartbroke:
Any bits & pieces I didn't think I would use myself were dished out between the DDs ages ago & all the make-up I have & use fits into a small LE canvas vanity case! :thinking2:

I feel so out of the loop here as........I haven't got a make-up stash! :heartbroke:
Any bits & pieces I didn't think I would use myself were dished out between the DDs ages ago & all the make-up I have & use fits into a small LE canvas vanity case! :thinking2:

I'm trying to get where you are KWC! :grin:

I'd still probably always have more make up than the average person maybe because I really like make up and I love having options - plus if there's a new thing out I wanna try it!

But I don't want useless hardly ever used stuff taking up space. It's wasteful.

I think TSV's are part of my problem. There's usually one or two things you really want to try, one or two that you can use (abut may already have a stockpile of (Like Smashbox primer for example) and maybe a couple you're not interested in or already have something really similar to.

And sometimes it's just one thing that you want but it seems daft to buy it alone when for a few more pounds you get loads of stuff!

And if Alison says you can stockpile these and it's really good value I might buy two. :eek:

Especially if she says they would be great for gifts cos I've got plenty of nieces, god-daughters and female friends and family. (My mum's asked me not to give her any more cos evidently she now has a stockpile just from things I've given her!) :eek:

Some stuff I know I won't use so that's easy and it gets put up on The Auction Site That Dare Not Speak Its Name but most of it goes into The Stash.

Hmm - So I'm still working on it! :D

Similar to LA I'm trying to get where you are KWC with your make up. Although not a huge store it's big enough, especially when I consider I rarely wear make up.

Those never worn 4 year old lip glosses are a case in point. Never enjoyed wearing them, must have spent £20 odd plus P&P for a small plastic purse......bargain!.......NOT! :doh::blush:

Yep done that too LA bought TSV's especially skin/body care because I like 1 or 2 of the products. And fell head first into the "stockpile while it's at this great price" carp! My own fault for being gullible.

Think the kids better watch out today Mother's on the warpath lol

Boy you ladies are funny. Those are not stockpiles, those are mere collections.

Hold on to your knickers

Smashbox trio eyeshadows 24
Smashbox duo eyeshadows 11
Shu U 9
MAC eyeshadows 9
YSL 6
Givenchy prismissme 6
YSL Blushes 4
Givenchy blushes 4
Smashbox single eyeshadow 24
Vincent Longo trio eyeshadow 14
chantecaille eyeshadow 5
chantecaille blush 3
Stila single eyeshadows 11
Stila palettes 8
Stila Blushes 4
Nars blush 10
Nars duo eyeshadow 12
Nars single eyeshadows 10
Smashbow Softlights 20
These are a mix of the eyeshadow ones and face.
Prescriptives 3 palettes
Prescriptives 4 blushes
Armani 6 palettes
Armani 3 blushes
Bobbi Brown eyeshadows eyeshadows,blushes and palettes 13
By Terry eyeshadows 6
Armani single eyeshadows 7

Then add The Balm, Paula Dorf, Chanel

Hold on to your knickers

Shu U 9
MAC eyeshadows 9
YSL 6
Givenchy prismissme 6
YSL Blushes 4
Givenchy blushes 4
chantecaille eyeshadow 5
chantecaille blush 3
Stila palettes 8
Stila Blushes 4
Nars blush 10
Nars duo eyeshadow 12
Smashbow Softlights 20
Prescriptives 3 palettes
Prescriptives 4 blushes
Armani 6 palettes
Armani 3 blushes
By Terry eyeshadows 6

Wowee that makes me feel heaps better!!!! :D

Hold on to your knickers

Shu U 9
MAC eyeshadows 9
YSL 6
Givenchy prismissme 6
YSL Blushes 4
Givenchy blushes 4
chantecaille eyeshadow 5
chantecaille blush 3
Stila palettes 8
Stila Blushes 4
Nars blush 10
Nars duo eyeshadow 12
Smashbow Softlights 20
Prescriptives 3 palettes
Prescriptives 4 blushes
Armani 6 palettes
Armani 3 blushes
By Terry eyeshadows 6

Ooh sweetie, You're a proper High End Honey aren't you?! MUA would be proud! :grin:

That's another thing about giving most of my my wages to QVC ;) - there are other brands I'd like to try once in a while too Y'know! :tongue2:

PS You can't hold onto what you're not wearing! :eek:

Ooh sweetie, You're a proper High End Honey aren't you?! MUA would be proud! :grin:

That's another thing about giving most of my my wages to QVC ;) - there are other brands I'd like to try once in a while too Y'know! :tongue2:

PS You can't hold onto what you're not wearing! :eek:

for years i spent long hours at airport shops trying and buying all these high-end beauty and makeup products, before i started buying off qvc. the same, in beauty shops across europe. i have wasted another fortune on products that didn't impress me at all and most ended up in the bin.
the cosmetic brands featured on qvc are not worse than any other brand out there. all boils down to what suits you and what ingredients your skin can tolerate.

i dont stock pile on makeup. I have my day makeup and then my night makeup. my night makeup is sectioned into sets. I like to wear the barry M range at night and shimmer eyeshadows. day more subtle, although if Im going to the supermarket and bank i dont wear any makeup. i dont wear foundation or concealers but lipstick eyeshadow mascara blusher all the rest.

basically if I run low I buy what i need, same with bath and body. Mt trolly in my bathroom is full of products all lined up in order as soon as I get a gap I fill it.

I tend to always buy my liz earle products once a month I will get those when i see what I am low on, and then also hair products. so these are ongoing. everything else lasts ages.

What I have learnt over the years is you get what you pay for especially with makeup.

I have tried low end Avon,Boots etc and I ended up giving away as the pigment and texture pay off was rubbish. Even MAC now it not what it was and the quality is not as good. Their lipsticks are still excellent. Stila as well the last year or two what rubbish too. Shu and Armani are worth every penny you pay, mainly e**y. YSL blushes are fabulous, I have a friend who works for them hence I will buy now and then. Their mascara cannot be beaten by cheaper brands. Givenchy again I had a friend who worked for them and buy now and then. My friends love when I have a clear out, but its like pulling teeth letting go.

I haven't mentioned the lipstick collection, the foundations, I actually did find one I will stick with Sisley. Powders,concealers,highlighters. Have to say T.LeClerc has won the powder war.

Oh and my brush collection, I actually stopped adding up the price at £250+ some years ago.

What I have learnt over the years is you get what you pay for especially with makeup.

I have tried low end Avon,Boots etc and I ended up giving away as the pigment and texture pay off was rubbish. Even MAC now it not what it was and the quality is not as good. Their lipsticks are still excellent. Stila as well the last year or two what rubbish too. Shu and Armani are worth every penny you pay, mainly e**y. YSL blushes are fabulous, I have a friend who works for them hence I will buy now and then. Their mascara cannot be beaten by cheaper brands. Givenchy again I had a friend who worked for them and buy now and then. My friends love when I have a clear out, but its like pulling teeth letting go.

I haven't mentioned the lipstick collection, the foundations, I actually did find one I will stick with Sisley. Powders,concealers,highlighters. Have to say T.LeClerc has won the powder war.

Oh and my brush collection, I actually stopped adding up the price at £250+ some years ago.

This is generally true although with anything there are some notable exceptions. Sleek palettes from Superdrug are under a fiver but have the softest most pigmented eyeshadows and are great for trying out lots of colours in one go. NYX palettes are also very nicely priced (got mine on e*ay for under £8 incl P&P from the US) and they are very soft and lovely pigmentation.

Covergirl make the best mascaras I've ever used, get them on e*ay for about £3 each! I refuse to pay £20 for something that i'll be chucking out in 4/5 months time and I can't return if I don't like it. Neutrogena do lovely foundations and lipsticks, again on a budget but with formulas that often get great reviews on MUA etc. Thing is to scour e*ay and you'll find lots of (especially) American brands which are very good quality but don't cozt nearly as much as Givenchy etc. Given how bored I get of anything I buy I am very reluctant to splash out a lot on one item anymore!! :wave2:

Tx

i agree about Avon cosmetics; they are so low grade. and what's with Virgin...why are they so pricey? a friend works as a vie consultant...she left the full kit with me to test everything...although i was like a kid in a sweets shop :30: i was not impressed with quality, to say the least.

i agree about Avon cosmetics; they are so low grade. and what's with Virgin...why are they so pricey? a friend works as a vie consultant...she left the full kit with me to test everything...although i was like a kid in a sweets shop :30: i was not impressed with quality, to say the least.

ugh, the Virgin stuff is terrible!! I got a massive eyeshadow palette on sale once and while the colours were gorgeous the quality was terrible! I notice the shop in Bromley has changed it's name to something Cosmetics instead of Virgin Vie.

Tx

But unfortunately drugstore foundations are crap at colour choice. The american ones especially are pink based and always too dark for me. Americans have much darker skin tones than us, that is why brands who get their stuff made usually in Japan have better lighter shades. Hence the complains on here about the products being too dark.

Eyeshadows you don't want soft as the brush just sinks in and you waste loads. Thats what started happening with Stila. I have looked at the NXY in Superdrug, wiped on hand and the colour looks great on the stand but no really good colour pay off on the skin.

Some of my eyeshadows and blushes I have had for years and they are still as good.

Mascara I do not wear black, very difficult to find brown on ebay as for burgandy(sp).

But unfortunately drugstore foundations are crap at colour choice. The american ones especially are pink based and always too dark for me. Americans have much darker skin tones than us, that is why brands who get their stuff made usually in Japan have better lighter shades. Hence the complains on here about the products being too dark.

Eyeshadows you don't want soft as the brush just sinks in and you waste loads. Thats what started happening with Stila. I have looked at the NXY in Superdrug, wiped on hand and the colour looks great on the stand but no really good colour pay off on the skin.

Some of my eyeshadows and blushes I have had for years and they are still as good.

Mascara I do not wear black, very difficult to find brown on ebay as for burgandy(sp).

I've never had any trouble getting a light enough foundation from the US, my neutrogena one comes in two shades lighter than I use and I'm irish PALE!

I agree that if a shadow is too soft then you waste more as it falls off the brush. However a hard eyeshadow (like L'Oreal HIP for example) is the other extreme where you can't get enough colour payoff and it won't blend for love nor money.

NYX is only available in the US at the moment (or from e*ay), the brand in Superdrug is NYC. haven't tried that one to be honest as everything on the stand always looks orange to me!

Ooh, burgundy mascara check out Urban Decay, they have a lovely deep burgandy. Also Benefit Bad gal is now available in wine. I like Mark Scandalash which is a mini mascara and comes in a lovely deep wine colour. it has quite a small narrow brush but it's so handy for travelling etc. I like it as i wouldn't wear burgundy mascara everyday so it saves me buying a full size. :rock:

Tx

Don't like the brush on Benefit Bad Gal. I did check it out.

Stopped wearing UD when they changed the packaging a few years back. Their mascara dried out pretty quickly. That put me off. I usually have three or so going at the same time. Depends what I feel like which one I use.

Foundation wise I need yellow based ones.
The Sisley I use is £55 to buy but I go to ebay France for my colour and get it for £14 or £20 at most. Never seen the shade on ebay US or UK.

The thing is I really like to see the stuff in the flesh before I decide if I want to try it.

Some of the Japanese drugstore brands are excellent. Kanebo Kate for one. Now these I did swap for on MUA

Now if I really wanted to be high end then I would be buying Serge Lutens. One of his lipsticks is £55 or Cle de Peau a concealer stick they are small are £60.

Oh I also have some Laura Mercier palettes, Becca powder and blushes.

Latest posts

Back