Morning everyone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you'd turned those flamin lights up SparklyBarbs instead of just relying on fairy lights and Yankee tea lights I would have seen the others huddling in blankets - I thought they'd all gone home!! Lol

hey! we were going for mood lighting - right barbs?

Stranded in Wootton Bassett. Nearest station is Swindon. A nightmare to get here, bus replacements for 1st 80 miles then 2 trains with changing at Bristol.

But now there are no trains back from Swindon to Bristol either, as well as the other problems!!!

Atmosphere getting a bit fractious too, plans were to come back tomorrow, now impossible for the forseeable future.

But on the bright side, I had a hand-painted card from OH showing a parcel in the shape of a crown (although I didn't guess what it could be for ages). Then I was given a CROWN, but unfortunately only about 3 inches high.

All the rest of the presents are back home.

Still stuck!

The only person who HAS to get back by a deadline is OH's son. OH and I spent a long time yesterday trying to plan a journey home, then the son, and our host (another son) more or less told us to stop fussing. This really shocked my OH, so now we are not even bothering to find out the latest train info, they can do so themselves if they ever get around to it.

Personally I don't mind eating all our host's food, but OH can't wait to get home, even though we don't have to.

I knew someone from good old Norn Ireland would know what i was talking about. Jabba, did you try it, it nearly blew my head of. Think my daughter was trying to kill her poor old mum

No barbs I haven't tried it ,I'm still on my 2 week stint of 4 nights night duty per week, so my fave champagne has been my tipple of choice

Is anybody gonna make it?

Last edited:
My daughter is nagging me too
Yeah me and janie thought everyone would look better at the party by
candlelight, doesn't everything, not such a shock at our first "meeting". You can do the vodka with loads of things added, its just tasted
like bailey's to me, which is why i went for it, (that and i was of work), but it does have a bl..dy kick in the morning. DD made others as well,
pear drops and m and m's. The young ones in work are always talking about shots, and i think these would be good at shots, not two big wine glasses like i had. LOL You'd think i'd know better at my age :)

LOL! it's still vodka barbs! wine glasses? no wonder you couldn't walk straight! easy mistake to make though when alcohol is flavoured - like sloe gin, my fav ;) and the reason alcopops were introduced - to sell alcohol to youngsters, who often don't like the taste. madness.

LOL! it's still vodka barbs! wine glasses? no wonder you couldn't walk straight! easy mistake to make though when alcohol is flavoured - like sloe gin, my fav ;) and the reason alcopops were introduced - to sell alcohol to youngsters, who often don't like the taste. madness.

Oh yes! Unfortunately the sloe tree that overhung my garden got chopped down. I've still got a bottle from 4 years ago, I'm letting it mature. It gets better and better apparently, not sure how long I can last out though, need to find another source for "scrumping" next year! :tongue:

A friend of mine's sisters make it with vodka, it's very good - Barbs would like that for next years forum Christmas party!! :giggle:

Yeah you're so right janie, i was drinking away thinking it was sort of baileys, in my xmas eve relaxed mood, not thinking this is straight
vodka. (doh). But i did enjoy the party at seven, and had a bit of fun, with the ones that turned up HOHOHO

Oh yes! Unfortunately the sloe tree that overhung my garden got chopped down. I've still got a bottle from 4 years ago, I'm letting it mature. It gets better and better apparently, not sure how long I can last out though, need to find another source for "scrumping" next year! :tongue:

A friend of mine's sisters make it with vodka, it's very good - Barbs would like that for next years forum Christmas party!! :giggle:

so would i! a friend of mine makes it every year and i always look forward to visiting her at xmas ;)

Yeah you're so right janie, i was drinking away thinking it was sort of baileys, in my xmas eve relaxed mood, not thinking this is straight
vodka. (doh). But i did enjoy the party at seven, and had a bit of fun, with the ones that turned up HOHOHO

we did have fun didn't we? it was a shame after all the enthusiasm beforehand, not many turned up - bit like a works do ;) lol

Latest posts

Back