Molton Brown TSV 7/10/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always liked Black Pepper but for some reason never liked Pink.

Got to sniff the new Mumbled Plum yesterday it is really nice but more expensive than the normal range. It has glitter in it for some strange reason.

I always liked Black Pepper but for some reason never liked Pink.

Got to sniff the new Mumbled Plum yesterday it is really nice but more expensive than the normal range. It has glitter in it for some strange reason.

I've looked at it online & found the glitter a strange addition AND considering that metallic glitter is harmful if it gets into the environment I hope it's a melting variety. They have produced a scented glitter & the info quotes - 'Delicately sprinkle over gifts, your tree or table to transform your home into an iridescent winter wonderland'. Good grief, as if Christmas isn't messy enough without clouds of this ending up in the bread sauce & my husband's sneezes register on the richter scale so I'd end up being sand blasted. I've just realised it's called Muddled Plum but I think your name's much better.

Why would you want to get out of the bath covered in glitter?

as for your house covered in the stuff!!! that's a definite no.

LUSH do bath bombs with glitter ****** nightmare. It sticks to the bath and for some unknown reason, my cat had a strange sparkle on its coat. Stopped buying these after that.

LUSH do bath bombs with glitter ****** nightmare. It sticks to the bath and for some unknown reason, my cat had a strange sparkle on its coat. Stopped buying these after that.

I can imagine your cat rolling around the bath in the middle of the night, getting all sparkly & then going out to make all the local moggies envious.

Slightly off thread, re lush bombs.... I have aquired quite a large one, strong smelling, (I expect that dissipates as they dissolve) which I'm afraid to use in case it 'makes my eyes water'
Do you find them fine?

Slightly off thread, re lush bombs.... I have aquired quite a large one, strong smelling, (I expect that dissipates as they dissolve) which I'm afraid to use in case it 'makes my eyes water'
Do you find them fine?

I wish I could like Lush but I can’t even walk past a shop because of the strength of the smell.

So this new plum range...... why is it called Muddled Plum? Is that an actual thing in the world of Plums?

I must admit when I saw the MB ad for it, I thought it was BODY glitter and was rather shocked MB would sell that. But it is to sling over your present displays and Christmas plants etc is it? Not for me thanks. A plum fragrance sounds very nice to me, especially if it verges on fig territory.

My TSV is showing as due to be delivered today, hurrah! I also have the festive Yankees enroute. This is my last week with a number of days free so I can be at home to take in a parcel, no problem, so I went ahead before they came to Q at what will no doubt be a far better price. But that is it for me now unless I go for the Decleor Xmas TSV. I know I shan't get the Elemis one as I don't want the body products they always put in so despite it always being an exceptional price I shan't be getting it. By the way this doesn't mean I have done all my Christmas shopping as all my purchases are for me!!!!!! The presents come from the DHS.

Lush, I take a hammer to the bath bombs break them up and only use half a one. Oh, I keep in the bag when breaking them up. Stopped buying them ages ago as too much glitter, or dried flowers etc in them so you have to start cleaning the bath straight away.

As for the MB Plum is very rich plum think liqueur, not fig it was the edt I smelt.

I also break them in half then put the half in an old pop sock before using. It keeps most of the bitty stuff out of the water.

ETA: I have been known to pull the bag out after a few minutes and plop it in a dish. I've then re-used the next day a bit like double-dunking a tea bag :blush:

A friend has successfully frozen the above in a plastic bag if she hasn't wanted to use same one two days on the trot.

I'm surprised Lush don't make their bombs smaller to encourage more sales. Lots of people I know get more than one use out of them using different methods.

So this new plum range...... why is it called Muddled Plum? Is that an actual thing in the world of Plums?

I must admit when I saw the MB ad for it, I thought it was BODY glitter and was rather shocked MB would sell that. But it is to sling over your present displays and Christmas plants etc is it? Not for me thanks. A plum fragrance sounds very nice to me, especially if it verges on fig territory.

My TSV is showing as due to be delivered today, hurrah! I also have the festive Yankees enroute. This is my last week with a number of days free so I can be at home to take in a parcel, no problem, so I went ahead before they came to Q at what will no doubt be a far better price. But that is it for me now unless I go for the Decleor Xmas TSV. I know I shan't get the Elemis one as I don't want the body products they always put in so despite it always being an exceptional price I shan't be getting it. By the way this doesn't mean I have done all my Christmas shopping as all my purchases are for me!!!!!! The presents come from the DHS.

Muddling is pressing fruit or herbs against the side of a glass with a muddler which is like a pestle. I sound a real show off but we went to a wedding last month & the reception drinks were muddled & delicious, I was fairly muddled too :drunk:

Latest posts

Back