Molton Brown TSV 25/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shame the tsv seems to have bombed. easy pays may have helped sell it but i find the tsv prices are not so low if they offer easy pays. maybe it would have sold better as a christmas tsv. maybe we need jill goldsmith back......who knows

shame the tsv seems to have bombed. easy pays may have helped sell it but i find the tsv prices are not so low if they offer easy pays. maybe it would have sold better as a christmas tsv. maybe we need jill goldsmith back......who knows

the price i feel should of been lower & sadly we cant have her back as she passed away a while ago i remember

It was a serious of questions DD. Did I buy it, did I not, if so why not, what were my reasons for buying/not buying, if I could give suggestions to the CEO what would they be and so on.

It was a serious of questions DD. Did I buy it, did I not, if so why not, what were my reasons for buying/not buying, if I could give suggestions to the CEO what would they be and so on.

Thanks, I agree it does sound like they are concerned how it sold.

I look forward to seeing these at the Molton brown outlet soon then. LOL

it was a popular brand similar to the other tsv's but did not sell. well mally has only sold 10.000 units. it is what it is. elemis must be the only brand to sell well over a 100,000 and that wont go on forever.

If the TSV bombs - isn't that more a reflection that QVC is losing touch with the customers?

I wonder how much genuine research they do with their customers? If they include only the chosen few in various Facebook groups, they risk having only sycophants giving them feedback that what they are proposing is perfect. It's free to give feedback - it doesn't guarantee or deliver sales.

Regardless of whether or not the MB TSV price represents good value for MB products - I think most of us are clued into the fact that cleansing products for bath or body are the cheapest to produce. To pay that money and only get cleansing products really won't appeal to any but die-hard MB fans and won't attract others, in my opinion.

it was a popular brand similar to the other tsv's but did not sell. well mally has only sold 10.000 units. it is what it is. elemis must be the only brand to sell well over a 100,000 and that wont go on forever.

I imagine that the numbers for the Elemis TSVs apart from the Christmas one are nowhere near as high.

QVC is clearly a good seller for Elemis though - hence all the offers for their 20th Anniversary (lots of Easy Pays as well as Free Postage and Packing).

Last edited:
qvc are reliant on the brands giving them the very best prices. molton brown under the japanese takeover have not fared so well.big price hikes and empty expensive high street shops in premier high streets. they are taking a bashing. l'occitane tsv's have not been good for years.

qvc are reliant on the brands giving them the very best prices. molton brown under the japanese takeover have not fared so well.big price hikes and empty expensive high street shops in premier high streets. they are taking a bashing. l'occitane tsv's have not been good for years.

I agree. Molton Brown will never go back to the TSV's of old. They have been a major disappointment to me since their return. L'Occitaine TSV's are really samey and boring. Lavender, Verbena or Almond consisting of mainly washing products. Philosophy TSV's used to be worth staying up till midnight for too but with The Graces popping up all the time I've no interest any more.

I agree. Molton Brown will never go back to the TSV's of old. They have been a major disappointment to me since their return. L'Occitaine TSV's are really samey and boring. Lavender, Verbena or Almond consisting of mainly washing products. Philosophy TSV's used to be worth staying up till midnight for too but with The Graces popping up all the time I've no interest any more.

We can definitely blame QVC for the sameyness of the TSVs. They are calling the shots and are rarely interested in anything not built around the "bankers". Ideally with a new exclusive or limited edition that they can make a big hoo-hah about.

Just as a starter - you always see in TSVs predictable products:
So we know with L'Occitane, we're going to see Verbena, Shea, Lavender/Rose, Almond.
We know that Philosophy are only "allowed" to offer configurations of Grace - invariably Pure and Amazing.
Molton Brown are possibly less in that straitjacket at present, but if the TSV doesn't sell well we might find that the much heralded return is short-lived, and if not you will be able to tell the best sellers by the frequency with which they pop up in the various sets they sell.
SBC we know will be Collagen or Arnica.
Elemis - Christmastime will always include Pro-collagen Marine cream.
Decleor always seem to feature Iris or Neroli.
Liz Earle - Cleans & Polish.

And always with the big sizes of bath products as it is a cheap way of bulking up the TSV. Same with cleansers and toners - more bottles but less expensive.

Last edited:
I wonder whether the questionnaire results will impact the Christmas TSV? Maybe not this year but maybe next year they'll only do a Christmas TSV?

I remember someone commented on here a few years ago that they had met Alexis from L'Occitane at a QVC Beauty Bash. They asked Alexis why Q didn't sell any of the lovely gift sets that they had in stores. Alexis was pretty honest apparently and said that Q didn't want to. They only wanted kits that they put together themselves.

I remember thinking at the time that it seemed pretty short sighted on Q's part, as a boxed collection looks so much better than a bottle of shower gel wrapped in bubble wrap.
I personally have never bought any beauty item from Q that was going to be given as a gift. There are much nicer things on the 'Dreaded High Street' IMO that look like you've spent more than you actually have.
But hey, what do I know? Q know best, don't they?

Oh I got the survey.

Told them straight, don't like the hand washes, not interested in the fragrances they had in the TSV.

To the CEO, stop changing the names of products, and bring back some of the old favourites, Sea Moss and Sensual

They must be concerned why this tsv didn`t sell out because I`ve just received a questionnaire about it from Q.

I got the questionnaire too. I replied very honestly, even though I did by it.

I wonder whether the questionnaire results will impact the Christmas TSV? Maybe not this year but maybe next year they'll only do a Christmas TSV?

I think the questionnaire went out because it didn't sell out and I bet they have loads of stock left too.

I remember someone commented on here a few years ago that they had met Alexis from L'Occitane at a QVC Beauty Bash. They asked Alexis why Q didn't sell any of the lovely gift sets that they had in stores. Alexis was pretty honest apparently and said that Q didn't want to. They only wanted kits that they put together themselves.

That was me - well I asked Alexis this question and that was the answer I got.

I was pleased with the contents of the TSV as Templetree is my fave. It could have been a bit cheaper but I still bought it. A plus for me was it did not contain any lotions, the purple gel which I really cannot be doing with or gingerlily which is nice but a bit bland IMHO. As said above bring back sea moss and that sensual one!

Alexis said the same to me this year. I asked why we always had the same fragrances and she replied honestly that's that what Q wanted. Shame really. Q could at least try some different items on advance orders if they are worried about being left with unsold stock.

i remember some of the first tsv's from l'occitane. they contained a plethora of items very varied. you may get a bar soap, shower cream.body lotion, shea skincare, handcream etc. now its 2 litres of handwash and some odd fillers. i dont understand why qvc dont do a more varied selection unless they feel it will impact on thier full price items

Latest posts

Back