Molton Brown TSV 25/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They keep rebranding the shower gels, new names popping up for the stuff around for years.

Their new Oudh one is gorgeous, but more expensive that the normal ones. I got it in a gift set with the Shisur fragrance after Christmas in their sale.

They've got one called something Yorkshire ...sorry I've forgotten..had a quick sample yesterday in the HOF ..very nice ...but I think MB very arrogant these days ...I never go In to their shops ....snooty staff ..I never feel relaxed in there...all half hearted effort in my experience anyway ..I prefer the Loccitanne ladies ..I always try elsewhere ..cannot put my finger on it but unwelcoming comes to mind you know? :sad:

May, I've had a similar experience with their staff. I've never felt welcomed in a MB shop, and the one that was local to me was short-lived. The staff were never friendly, and the shop was constantly empty. I would be interested in what staff training they were given. L'Occitane staff by contrast are always welcoming whether or not you are making a purchase - they always greet you when you go in.

Do you know, I think it might be ME in our MB store. I go in and I get eyeballed like a shoplifter (I have more than enough funds to buy). OH goes in and he's chased around by helpful ladies who then cheerfully take his money and go to great lengths to package all the stuff up sooooo beautifully. Note to MB staff - I am prepared to pay 5 times more than he is, so if you're on commission . . . . . :mysmilie_14:

CC

Well the SAs in Belfast are really friendly. I never buy, well after Christmas sale I did. But wander in now and then, and get a "Can I help?" "No, just looking." They leave me alone.

Maybe it's just bad luck but I really do not go in there it's just not worth it...there was a kipling shop ...prob still there at the Ashford Kent outlet ...well I honestly have never met ruder staff in my life ...a few years ago so not the staff now I would assume ....I was gobsmacked by the. " lets ignore the potential customer " routine ..nothing worse is there when you just know they are resenting you even just sticking your head in the door let alone walking into it ...at least ten years ago but I never forget it if we go to Ashford etc ...The HOF are usually very helpful with their Morton brown ...so will wait for their new launches to arrive in there ...Loccitanne ladies are usually lovely and welcoming yes ...

It shouldn't be difficult, should it? To train staff to be friendly and welcoming rather than ignoring customers.
I remember, back in the day, going round Benetton. If you dared to unfold a garment to see what it actually looked like... the minute you put it down a sales assistant would pounce upon it and it would be folded perfectly once again. Quite disturbing, and definitely unwelcoming.

Still, I hope for all that like MB products, that the eventual news of what's in the TSV meets your hopes and expectations.

I remember going stupid when MB was a regular on Q a few years ago. The Christmas TSV's were divine. I was soon brought back down to earth when I ordered 4 gift sets, in 4 different fragrances, to be told the total with p and p was just shy of £100 ! gulp ! the p & p I hadn't allowed for, and that on its own was £5.95 EACH, so it was £24 just to send it to me. I cancelled the order.

(incidentally, WHY do shop assistants now insist on saying "are you alright there ?" - its a stock phrase in every shop ! whatever happened to "can I help you?". I generally reply with "yes I'm fine, how are you?")

I have heard loads of time that Molton Brown are very very hard to work for. This is from someone who took a Christmas tempt job, and swore never again even if offered full time.

They do have a big turn around in staff.

Possibly the TSV?
Screenshot_2015-05-12-19-11-00.jpg

Oohh thank you ...looks promising if so

Here is larger photo, whether it is the TSV or not remains to be seen, if it is it will be expensive!!

But items showing are

Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Bath & Shower Gel
Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Body Lotion
Pink Pepperpod Body Wash
Oudh Accord & Gold Body Wash
Oudh Accord & Gold Nourishing Body Lotion

There is one other item but it can't be seen properly

Attachments

• Molton Brown.jpg
    Molton Brown.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 441
Here is larger photo, whether it is the TSV or not remains to be seen, if it is it will be expensive!!

But items showing are

Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Bath & Shower Gel
Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Body Lotion
Pink Pepperpod Body Wash
Oudh Accord & Gold Body Wash
Oudh Accord & Gold Nourishing Body Lotion

There is one other item but it can't be seen properly

I think it could be a pink pepperpod body lotion Sazza, but I'm not 100%

Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Bath & Shower Gel £18
Blossoming Honeysuckle & White Tea Body Lotion £25
Pink Pepperpod Body Wash £18
Pink Pepperpod Body Lotion £25
Oudh Accord & Gold Body Wash £20
Oudh Accord & Gold Nourishing Body Lotion £26

at RRP that be £132

Now that would be a TSV! Thirty quid plus postage a bit too optimistic d'you reckon? :mysmilie_50:

I never get up early enough in the morning so run out of time for body lotion so if this is the TSV it's not ideal for me but a TSV is always going to be a mix of products.

I went into the MB shop in Edinburgh yesterday and there were four assistants but I was the only shopper in there though someone else came in as I was leaving. I found the layout a bit hard work, some things seemed to be arranged by fragrance yet the signs were by product type e.g. Body products, hair products etc. I did like the rose and rhubarb range but I didn't buy anything.

Latest posts

Back