Molton Brown TSV 11/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am still very undecided about this. If the Ylang Ylang wasn't in it l would most probably have ordered it. I did think l could give that as a present but feel l would have to get a body lotion to go with it to make it look reasonable and they are £25. What do people on here think? If you got just a MB shower gel for Christmas would you think it was a nice gift? I know l would like it personally but others might think it's a bit tight just getting that on its own.

hehe id love it as a gift as i tend to only buy them when the 500ml ones are around as thats better value for money. but as a gift for me (someone who does know the brand) would love it (send it me for a gift if you want looool)

We have three in Belfast, two stand alone and one in the House of Fraser.

I actually went in to one last Saturday as I spotted the new Tobacco Absolute and wanted a sniff. There were others in at the time nosing around. I did buy a bottle of the Oudh Accord & Gold edt, love the shower gel. Was given a free 30mls size of the Tobacco Absolute and a 100mls shower of my choice free(picked the Blackpepper one).

They do loads online as I get emails with offers regularly. I bet they do most of their business around Christmas time.

I start a new job on Monday and when I left my last couple on Friday they gave me the Oudh Accord & Gold three wick candle as a leaving present. It smells lovely.

I'm pretty disappointed with this TSV and have decided I'm not buying it but I really like Molton Brown.

Lime & Patchouli and Orange & Bergamot are lovely fragrances, as is Pink Pepperpod, but I can't stand Ylang Ylang. And we had the two full sized body washes in the first TSV and I still have the Pink Pepperpod.

I have enough of all of these products in other brands though, including Molton Brown.

Just watching the launch show now and to be honest l am still so undecided. I have stacks of hand wash/cream from L'Occitane to use up. I have a 500ml of Ylang Ylang and Templetree. Why am l really considering buying this l ask myself? I LOVE the Pink Pepperpod and have only a smidgen left. That does not justify buying this TSV though!

I went for the Black Pepper Body wash and the EDT, thought it was a great price.

I start a new job on Monday and when I left my last couple on Friday they gave me the Oudh Accord & Gold three wick candle as a leaving present. It smells lovely.

Lucky you !
Oudh is pretty new on my radar so ordered a few cheapies from the Internet yesterday before I commit to the real ones. Drenched myself in Floris Honey Oudh and a quick blast of Tobacco Oudh a few weeks ago in a local chemist, liked them both.

Watching the repeat and nearly at the end of the hour JF said 3,000 TSVs have been sold so it's not exactly like the good old days. The guest gets on my wick and as for JF saying put a mini Christmas tree in your bathroom, well. maybe in her mansion that might be ok but if I put a tree in mine I doubt I would fit in there!

Funny I was in SpaceNK yesterday and a Emma Hardie Rep was visiting. Got chatting to her about all sorts and she casually mentioned her best friend was the manager of a MB store. I thought okay I will ask? The stores always look quite empty not just in Belfast but I heard others round the UK, I am surprised none every close down? She laughed and said MB have a very very good business structure and stores have sales targets which they all meet. If they did not met them then MB would certainly close a store. So the stores which we think are empty, must be meeting their sales targets every year.

I remember MB did lovely makeup and skincare. They did seem to chop and change at the drop of a hat when sold to the Japanese company, blinked and they had discontinued or changed the name of a product.

She was hardly going to say that business was losing sales though, they never want a rumour like that going round, bad for business.

There's very little enthusiasm on here for the TSV and on the QVC FB page. I don't think many are buying.

I've treated myself ....haven't had molton brown for a while and kept,looking at other sites etc and thought well ...the 30 day return is now 60 coz of Christmas ....( trying to justify lolol) ..but Jill ....must have said...gifting ....10 times in five minutes at one point !!!!! ...so I gifted to my self :mysmilie_17: They are fab for holiday ....last blinking ages ....and haven't treate to a hand wash etc for yonks ....( and its me birfdee soon lol )

I think across many brands most of this type of TSV over £40 without easy pays always struggle.

i wont be buying this one but i still have the last set which was cheaper i think. they closed the mb store in brent cross and l'occitane closed thiers a few months ago. i have never seen a full mb store in fact you hardy see anyone. even regent street is like a ghost town. more staff no customers

I've treated myself ....haven't had molton brown for a while and kept,looking at other sites etc and thought well ...the 30 day return is now 60 coz of Christmas ....( trying to justify lolol) ..but Jill ....must have said...gifting ....10 times in five minutes at one point !!!!! ...so I gifted to my self :mysmilie_17: They are fab for holiday ....last blinking ages ....and haven't treate to a hand wash etc for yonks ....( and its me birfdee soon lol )

That's great! I'm thinking about getting it, it is good value for Molton Brown, but I recently treated myself so maybe I won't...
I agree it lasts ages and ages, and for me it makes every shower time a luxurious experience. I stopped using mb for a couple of years and just bought stuff from suoermarket. It got used up really quickly and I missed my mb the whole time. I don't think I'll stray from me again :)

I have to be honest I've never really tried Molton Brown before but I looked at their website last night and ordered a kit off there; 8 30ml bottles for £25, I wasn't sure if it was good value but for me it was ideal as I can try the range and see if its for me, if I don't like it I can split down the mini sizes into gifts I suppose (how very QVC of me)

I've never used Molton Brown, but it seems to have some definite fans! For me it's all about the ingredients lists, so I tend to stick to the mildest most natural products I can get for bath and shower - and I try not to pay too much for it either, so that involves hunting stuff down! Also, to save money, I only use the bath/shower gels for the weekend (and sometimes the weekend starts on Friday :) ), and stick to only using a nice bar soap in my morning showers during the week.

Latest posts

Back