Molton Brown TSV 09/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My floral option arrived yesterday too. I've now got a huge stash of MB, the majority of which I've purchased at a reduced price. I used my voucher so, theoretically, it only cost £31.91 (inc P&P) which is a good price for 5 products, in my opinion.

However, I'm currently waiting for a returns label for something that I bought during the "earn a voucher" time which means, once I get the refund, that I didn't spend the required £150 to earn a voucher. Still, I doubt QVC will go under because of it.

Jill Franks is wearing a rather odd cold shoulder crinkle-neck top in a loud shade of yellow / chartreuse. It looks a bit like she's wearing a lampshade! She and guest are "doing an Alexis" with the stupid f***ing" glass mixing bowl, lathering their hands ad nauseum.

The floral option which I ordered came yesterday. I am very happy with it. What I hate about the presentation is that glass bowl of water that they use. It looks absolutely disgusting when they keep washing their hands in it. Full of mucky water and soap scum, it makes me feel ill .

The bowl!! :angry:

Apart from the above, I hate the way these sorts of products are demonstrated with a model at a table to the side, endlessly washing and re-washing her hands, periodically stopping to inhale the fragrances as if that tells us anything at all. It is so damned pointless and just infuriates me.

I also hate with a passion the thing JF does but I think it’s Philosophy shower gels or other bottles without a pump dispenser. She tips a load of product into the bowl from a height (again, as if that tells is anything) and then swishes it around or uses a bath lily thing to froth it. It is so wasteful and it makes my toes curl, as well as being misrepresentative because you are not going to get the same result at home in a bath unless you use a couple of bottles.

I hate bowls the most when it's that L'Occitane woman. I want to tip the whole thing on her head. Hah.

CC (meanest person alive)

She just gets my goat. And I tried L'Occitane when I had a left over set I bought for Christmas presents - yuk, far, far too perfumed for me so she can stick her over priced verbena and shea butter in her pyjama jacket. Blahh. (not had enough tea yet).

CC

Sorry no. My French Soap Guy handmade Province pure vegetal soaps beat any L'Occtaine, Philosophy, MB stuff which I find very drying on the hands. The foam is almost moussed like and great for shaving with and gentle enough even wash your face with. I have done this and I have sensitive skin.

I am glad I can use Decleor finall, the smells are Devine. my daughter commented on how good my skin looks. Praise indeed as my skin is in good condition so to get a comment really is praise for Decleor.

Up thread a bit....

Which Dec oils do you use please Boffy? What is your skin type & routine?

My floral option arrived yesterday too. I've now got a huge stash of MB, the majority of which I've purchased at a reduced price. I used my voucher so, theoretically, it only cost £31.91 (inc P&P) which is a good price for 5 products, in my opinion.

However, I'm currently waiting for a returns label for something that I bought during the "earn a voucher" time which means, once I get the refund, that I didn't spend the required £150 to earn a voucher. Still, I doubt QVC will go under because of it.

Didn't you buy something space age from the silly sisters, (we wen't to Oxford, yah!) to qualify? He he.:mysmilie_17:

I have a vision of quite a few peeps having a raid on forgotten nooks & crannies, forgotten hiding places etc:mysmilie_17:

Check behind the loo brush!

My problem is that I hide things so well from Mr (Beady) Bliss that I never find them again. I have been known to hide gifts for him & then have to apologise for loosing & him having nothing until it reappears.....some funny stories involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
The floral option which I ordered came yesterday. I am very happy with it. What I hate about the presentation is that glass bowl of water that they use. It looks absolutely disgusting when they keep washing their hands in it. Full of mucky water and soap scum, it makes me feel ill .

Errrrr....That's only just ocurred(sp!) to me - the sharing thing.....

She just gets my goat. And I tried L'Occitane when I had a left over set I bought for Christmas presents - yuk, far, far too perfumed for me so she can stick her over priced verbena and shea butter in her pyjama jacket. Blahh. (not had enough tea yet).

CC

You Go Girl!

Check behind the loo brush!

My problem is that I hide things so well from Mr (Beady) Bliss that I never find them again. I have been known to hide gifts for him & then have to apologise for loosing & him having nothing until it reappears.....some funny stories involved!

Er, do we have the same man?? I'm talking Mr Snoopy CC who just snoops on everything. "Did you know there's four bottles of Molton Brown in your seed box?" Course I ****** know and what the hell are you - the man who hates everything soil and garden - doing snooping in amongst my seeds? The gin is buried under the blueberries in the garden, he hasn't worked that one out yet. Men.

CC

Sorry no. My French Soap Guy handmade Province pure vegetal soaps beat any L'Occtaine, Philosophy, MB stuff which I find very drying on the hands. The foam is almost moussed like and great for shaving with and gentle enough even wash your face with. I have done this and I have sensitive skin.

Details of your French Soap Guy Donna? I am continually in search of a sensitive shaving medium for Mr B. Even the Clinique Aloe one bothers his chops & the l'occy milk soap is not the same anymore. He refuses to use C & P.......:mysmilie_10:

Er, do we have the same man?? I'm talking Mr Snoopy CC who just snoops on everything. "Did you know there's four bottles of Molton Brown in your seed box?" Course I ****** know and what the hell are you - the man who hates everything soil and garden - doing snooping in amongst my seeds? The gin is buried under the blueberries in the garden, he hasn't worked that one out yet. Men.

CC

doing snooping in amongst my seeds? <<

Similar, but not the same, CC. Mr B doesn't snoop in my seeds enough! LOL :mysmilie_11:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Molton Brown is popular but I just don’t get it. When I shower I’m in and out in five minutes with the sole purpose to be clean, it’s not a sensory, indulgent experience for me (the husbands the same) saying that our Aldi zesty lemon shower gel is gorgeous for under two quid a go. :mysmilie_17:

I am somewhere in the middle. I have to admit I do love a "luxury" bathing product, body cream, etc or two. Some really do seem to have the edge to me (although that could be me convincing myself that because it's expensive, it must be better) and I like the way the smell of MB lingers, for example. However, I am also very practical and I do find it hard to justify spending £12-24 (broadly) on a shower gel which will, as is often said on here, go straight down the plughole. I am not poor but nor do I have lots of money to throw about (I wouldn't if I did) so I try to buy good but reasonably priced items for everyday use and have a few "treats" as well. I am a sucker for a bargain (anything cut-price) and QVC can be good for having expensive items at more affordable prices but I remind myself that just because the full price is £20, it doesn't mean it's great value for money at £11/12. Hence I'm not buying the MB TSV.

Loccitane & philosophy & molton brown are the best hand & body stuff EVER!! the rest is just meh

That's your opinion, SCW, and you are entitled to it but I trust you have tried several cheaper brands from the high street in order to reach that conclusion, and are not just saying it and buying these because it's QVC, which you are clearly devoted to (I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that - each to their own). I like certain things in all those three brands as well - and have to say thank you and others on the forum for showing me the bargains from them - but I wouldn't ignore some very good brands available elsewhere.

Details of your French Soap Guy Donna? I am continually in search of a sensitive shaving medium for Mr B. Even the Clinique Aloe one bothers his chops & the l'occy milk soap is not the same anymore. He refuses to use C & P.......:mysmilie_10:

Similar, but not the same, CC. Mr B doesn't snoop in my seeds enough! LOL :mysmilie_11:

He he he he he he he :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: He does wonder why I like to tend the blueberries so much :glass::glass::glass:

Loccitane & philosophy & molton brown are the best hand & body stuff EVER!! the rest is just meh

In your opinion, in my opinion I’ve tried all three you mentioned and found other brands on high street or on line way better, better for my skin, better scent for a fraction of the price, win, win.

I`ve bought all of the QVC expensive branded bodywashes etc in the past. MB, L`Occi, ABC, SBC, Elemis,Philosophy, Liz Earle and so on and you name it I`ve tried it. At the end of the day they all did the same job and some of them actually made me itch like mad.
Nowadays as sets creep up to and sometimes above the £50 mark and also since I`ve retired and have less residual income I`ve realised expensive soapy stuff in plastic bottles are often no better than other brands. Once or twice a year I do a bulk order with the bodyshop when they have their 30% discount codes and I stock up with bodywashes which are around a fiver full price for 250ml and cost as little as £2 to £3 when they have their really good discount codes plus they`re all cruelty free .
I prefer neutral smells such as almond, argan, shea or olive and use a body lotion or perfume if I want to add fragrance.

Sorry he lives in France and comes home to Belfast when the Xmas Market is on.

I am the easiest sucker to be brought into a brand if it is expensive then it must be good & better!I use l’occitane Soap because I have questioned the price but justified that but MB I just cannot see the hype! The perfumes and performance? Have just got my Aldi C&P copy to try so we will see.Believe me I Am not a brand snob it has to perform too!

I use French soaps from a French man who comes to the market at Muswell Hill. It may even be the same guy Donna buys her soaps from. Because I speak French he always throws in an extra lavender / olive soap and is a really nice guy. In terms of washing my hands on a daily basis I used....shock horror.... Dove's warm vanilla and shea butter handwash which I find rather nice. I get it from Waitrose.

Latest posts

Back