Molton Brown TSV 09/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For Decleor if the code starts with a letter as opposed to 44 or even 45 as it might be now we are in 2019, then it will have been manufactured prior to 2018. With Z being made in 2017, Hope this helps.
Thank you for your advice, I have lots & lots of Decleor, will have a good look tomorrow.

For Decleor if the code starts with a letter as opposed to 44 or even 45 as it might be now we are in 2019, then it will have been manufactured prior to 2018. With Z being made in 2017, Hope this helps.

Wonderful! Just put dates on everything & know what order to use. I had a Aromessence neroli from 2013, Aromessence iris night balm from 2015, Hydra Floral from 2016, Eye serum from 2016, lip balm from 2017,gradual glow from 2017 & Aromessence magnolia from 2017. Cleanser & Toner are 2018. Oh dear, cannot get my stash in this mess again. I need a spreadsheet.

that's why I stoped buying stuff I am just halfway through a grace body lotion I bought three years ago. I feel like having a party when I finally finish a jar or tube of something. I have l'occy hand/foot creams I am still using from 4 years ago. that always puts me off buying the l'occy TSV's as they always have foot cream or hand cream. my all time fav for shower gel or bars of soap is l'occitane so when I finish everything I will only buy this brand for bathing.

Wonderful! Just put dates on everything & know what order to use. I had a Aromessence neroli from 2013, Aromessence iris night balm from 2015, Hydra Floral from 2016, Eye serum from 2016, lip balm from 2017,gradual glow from 2017 & Aromessence magnolia from 2017. Cleanser & Toner are 2018. Oh dear, cannot get my stash in this mess again. I need a spreadsheet.
Just found another 2 Aromessence neroli one from 2013 & one from 2016. Using a litre of body lotion too, don’t want to check that date. Prolagene lift on the go too. I think I have a Decleor habit I need to break.

I just looked at a prolegene gel that had been opened god knows how long ago - it's gone brown!! Bin.

I think I need to check how long I've had beauty products. I suspect some things have been lurking in that cupboard for years (opened!).

CC

I’ll see your 2015 and raise you 2014 (and probably earlier but I am too embarrassed to reveal my hand any further on a public forum!)

Of course you need a spreadsheet!!!!

:mysmilie_19:

Seconded. I have gone a bit spreadsheet-crazy the past 2-3 years. It may have been you who started me off. I love them though.

that's why I stoped buying stuff I am just halfway through a grace body lotion I bought three years ago. I feel like having a party when I finally finish a jar or tube of something. I have l'occy hand/foot creams I am still using from 4 years ago. that always puts me off buying the l'occy TSV's as they always have foot cream or hand cream. my all time fav for shower gel or bars of soap is l'occitane so when I finish everything I will only buy this brand for bathing.

I love it when I finish something, even when it’s something I really like. I also love that feeling of consulting my spreadsheet to see what I’ll be using next. And as I put the empty bottle in the bin or recycling, I get a real buzz thinking of the extra few cubic centimetres of space I’ve freed in my home. I’m not brilliant at resisting new stuff despite having too much to use, but I’ve got better and the spreadsheet has helped so much.

No, Decleor Aromessence lasts for many many years, as long as it is kept in a cool dark place.

I’m glad you said that, Sazza. I have a couple of mini bottles of Decleor oil from 5+ years ago (which I have kept in a cupboard away from the sun and light, as I do all my stuff) and I opened one recently, expecting it to be rank. It’s actually perfectly fine. I thought it might be me telling myself that because if it smells ok, it must still be effective so it doesn’t have to be thrown out (unlike a Body Shop one which smelt like engine oil and it was only 2-3 years old). I guess being a better quality, it should last longer?

I’m glad you said that, Sazza. I have a couple of mini bottles of Decleor oil from 5+ years ago (which I have kept in a cupboard away from the sun and light, as I do all my stuff) and I opened one recently, expecting it to be rank. It’s actually perfectly fine. I thought it might be me telling myself that because if it smells ok, it must still be effective so it doesn’t have to be thrown out (unlike a Body Shop one which smelt like engine oil and it was only 2-3 years old). I guess being a better quality, it should last longer?

I had a bottle of Aromessence Solaire which I only used prior to holidays, during holiday and week or two once home and this bottle lasted me years!!!

I am glad I can use Decleor finall, the smells are Devine. my daughter commented on how good my skin looks. Praise indeed as my skin is in good condition so to get a comment really is praise for Decleor.

Hi llloyd,
Sorry to be a pain but could you post the link to check the Molton Brown batch codes please.
Many thanks x

Hiya - glad I’m not the only one who checks batch codes - I’ve (hopefully!) put a link to the other one I use as well as you need to check both

Sometimes they can be a bit big and miss and where one website says philosophy the code doesn’t work, but if you select coty (who own them?) on the other it tells you!

Check Fresh: http://www.checkfresh.com/

Check Cosmetic: http://m.checkcosmetic.net/

I find the full version is better than the mobile one as well

Not quite as organised as a spreadsheet, put have a notebook with various headings (cleanser, body lotion etc) and the brands and batch code dates listed so I know which ones to use.

Oh, and ALWAYS check QVC buys as a year or so ago I bought a L’Occitane set which was over 3 years old (so in theory not to be used but as you’ve been discussing was absolutely fine) - suffice to say, I had an apology and full refund and told to keep the products. It was swiftly removed from sale (I assume sent back or went to outlet). I did say in my ‘strongly worded email’ that if they were just honest with us and reduced the price, it would’ve sold ‘Caveat Emporum’ and all that.

Think they made a big thing after about items being fresh stock — not always true as l’ve L’occitane TSV with items being a year old...

Last edited:
Oh dear GOD!

Jill Franks is wearing a rather odd cold shoulder crinkle-neck top in a loud shade of yellow / chartreuse. It looks a bit like she's wearing a lampshade! She and guest are "doing an Alexis" with the stupid f***ing" glass mixing bowl, lathering their hands ad nauseum.

Last edited:
I do like Gemma she has far more personality in her little finger than most on Q, not watching the launch but won’t dread a day of her like I would with some.

I know Molton Brown is popular but I just don’t get it. When I shower I’m in and out in five minutes with the sole purpose to be clean, it’s not a sensory, indulgent experience for me (the husbands the same) saying that our Aldi zesty lemon shower gel is gorgeous for under two quid a go. :mysmilie_17:

The floral option which I ordered came yesterday. I am very happy with it. What I hate about the presentation is that glass bowl of water that they use. It looks absolutely disgusting when they keep washing their hands in it. Full of mucky water and soap scum, it makes me feel ill .

Latest posts

Back