Molton Brown TSV 06/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm always surprised when I see Jemma occasionally on Jeremy Vine's morning show on Channel 5, talking about something political or topical and seeing her get quite heated about something at times. I tend to think of her as just working in some capacity for Molton Brown, appearing on QVC and not used to seeing her being 'wiggy' (as my daughter used to say) on another programme. I know it's silly but it kind of spoils the image a bit.
Another one guilty of that is the American who promoted the No No hair removal gadget that had blitz publicity a few years ago. She's been a mouthy political voice for various causes and seen on news channels , but to me shes the No No woman

Right, I’m picking up on a mood of serious capitulation on this thread. A couple of you (naming no names) are starting to weaken and talk about maybe buying after all. Just stop it! Stop it, stop it, stop it!

I’ve found it easy not to be tempted because I can’t watch for more than a few seconds, largely due to the fact I am finding Jemma’s voice really grates on me now. I haven’t seen much of her the last year or so as I’ve been avoiding the MB shows. Has she always affected that little girl voice?

Also … eeek, dare I say this, given many on here really like her? Yes, I’ll say it and you can shout at me later. Jemma’s dress sense - how shall I put it? Unflattering? Ok, I’ll just be honest. I think she looks ridiculous.

Get me a saucer of milk and I’ll be off.

Right, I’m picking up on a mood of serious capitulation on this thread. A couple of you (naming no names) are starting to weaken and talk about maybe buying after all. Just stop it! Stop it, stop it, stop it!

I’ve found it easy not to be tempted because I can’t watch for more than a few seconds, largely due to the fact I am finding Jemma’s voice really grates on me now. I haven’t seen much of her the last year or so as I’ve been avoiding the MB shows. Has she always affected that little girl voice?

Also … eeek, dare I say this, given many on here really like her? Yes, I’ll say it and you can shout at me later. Jemma’s dress sense - how shall I put it? Unflattering? Ok, I’ll just be honest. I think she looks ridiculous.

If you Google Jemma Forte on Jeremy Vine show under Videos, you'll see several that she's been on. Her voice seems almost the same I think though. You can't tell what she's wearing on there of course as she's sitting down but I do think her QVC outfits are a little umm too tight and too short.

Have to say I agree with you re Jemma….that silly voice and her dress sense. And the fake tan just looks so grotty.

But Jemma aside…MB has now priced itself out of my reach. I would never ever pay £25 for a bottle of shower gel, so all that talk about it being a great bargain is totally wasted on me. And I don’t want a smelly handwash because I knit and crochet, and I don’t want to transfer the smell into my yarn. And I never use a bath so the tiny bottles are really a nuisance. Money saved and I will await the pre Christmas TSV, that is on 18th December apparently. But I’m not holding my breath..

Last edited:
I must confess - I've also caved in and ordered the aromatic option. The gift boxes will be useful, for one thing.
Welcome to the forum. Are you a long-time QVC shopper or a newbie? Please excuse the cynicism on here - we’re a nice bunch really but some of us have become hardened to the QVC sales pitch and we moan about everything but many of us still buy copious amounts of certain things. You will definitely learn a lot about QVC products that you wouldn’t know just by watching the shows.

I’m sure you will enjoy your Molton Brown collection, as I probably would if I didn’t already have too much.

Now, about your time as Prime Minister …

(Just kidding…)

Just looking at my stash and I have quite a bit of MB from last year some will make it as xmas gifts this year no doubt.

Welcome to the forum. Are you a long-time QVC shopper or a newbie? Please excuse the cynicism on here - we’re a nice bunch really but some of us have become hardened to the QVC sales pitch and we moan about everything but many of us still buy copious amounts of certain things. You will definitely learn a lot about QVC products that you wouldn’t know just by watching the shows.

I’m sure you will enjoy your Molton Brown collection, as I probably would if I didn’t already have too much.

Now, about your time as Prime Minister …

(Just kidding…)
Thanks for the welcome! I've been buying off QVC for far too long, lol. I joined this forum years ago, but didn't contribute much, and couldn't find my old username, so thought I would join in. As for cynicism, I'm fine with that :).

I thought it was only me that didn’t like her dress sense. She had a white minidress on last night that looked like a Mary Quant from the 1960s. Very unflattering. She’s not a patch on Jill Goldsmith, who actually worked for Molton Brown, that used to be BA for the original MB shows.

Talking of dress sense did anyone see those grotesque heeled doc Martin type boots AY was wearing during the Crikey Old Riley TSV?

Latest posts

Back