Molton Brown TSV 06/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like some of the scents in both options but can't abide Ylang Ylang. It is a good selecton and will probably be a good price too. However, too many shower gels for me and only the one big hand wash. I kind of expected it would be that way around but I have quite a stash of shower gels. I love a liquid soap as it doesn't get stuck in my ring but Paul hates it and sticks to his beloved L'Occitane milk soap bar, or the Scottish Fine Soaps shea and buttermilk in the big 220g bars.

I have just the other day been having a stash audit and found a box, opened but not unpacked and it was the MB Christmas TSV from I think 2020. Red Box with 3 big 300ml bottles and a smaller box with 5 or 6 very diddy sized ones in there. So, I have decided to wait for another TSV offering later in the year. Depending on what L'Occitane are doing, I may even wait until the Christmas MB one, which I always sucker to!

I like some of the scents in both options but can't abide Ylang Ylang. It is a good selecton and will probably be a good price too. However, too many shower gels for me and only the one big hand wash. I kind of expected it would be that way around but I have quite a stash of shower gels. I love a liquid soap as it doesn't get stuck in my ring but Paul hates it and sticks to his beloved L'Occitane milk soap bar, or the Scottish Fine Soaps shea and buttermilk in the big 220g bars.

I have just the other day been having a stash audit and found a box, opened but not unpacked and it was the MB Christmas TSV from I think 2020. Red Box with 3 big 300ml bottles and a smaller box with 5 or 6 very diddy sized ones in there. So, I have decided to wait for another TSV offering later in the year. Depending on what L'Occitane are doing, I may even wait until the Christmas MB one, which I always sucker to!

Stash audit - love it!! 🤣

Stash audit - love it!! 🤣
Don’t laugh! Some on here have a ‘spreadsheet’ to manage their stash, so they know what they’ve got and where it is, plus when they bought it so they can use up the old stuff first. They seem completely normal on the surface, too! I have no idea who these nutters are but you can probably work it out from the way they express their fascination with every deal that comes along, declare themselves not interested because they have far too much already and then, curiously, mention that their delivery has just arrived. If you challenge them, they just become defensive and mumble something about a “present drawer” but you wonder how big this “present drawer” must actually be.

How very dare you, young Andi! There’s nothing wrong with a spreadsheet or two! One for YC in date order so they don’t fade before use and one for skincare! The latter because after buying endless TSVs I had a ton of some products but none of whatever seemed to be running out. I don’t have an MB one though……. YET!

(No present drawer here!)

How very dare you, young Andi! There’s nothing wrong with a spreadsheet or two! One for YC in date order so they don’t fade before use and one for skincare! The latter because after buying endless TSVs I had a ton of some products but none of whatever seemed to be running out. I don’t have an MB one though……. YET!

(No present drawer here!)
Who said I was talking about you?! You might have said more than you needed there! :LOL:

Well Saturday nights don’t get much better than this…. I’ve just audited the MB stash and will be creating a spreadsheet next week. Yay! Now back to the 🍷🍷🍷.

This did actually reveal I only have 1 Templetree though so….
:ROFLMAO: I knew it!

Bit expensive plus not keen on all the scents in both collections. Hand wash in the Black pepper rather than a body wash. Its not a bad collection but imo overpriced. Is it me.

Oh I love the idea of a spreadsheet for my stash. I could include a column for date ordered, unopened shelf-life date etc. I could then do a sort to see those I needed to use next! Oh, and of course, a column to indicate which of my homes the product(s) are in ;):giggle:

Molton Brown 7 Piece Luxury Collection
Item Number: 245624
QVC Price £75.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.96
P&P £3.95
4 Easy Pays of £12.49

What makes bath time more luxurious? Adding indulgent formulas from Molton Brown, of course. With a library of Bath & Shower Gels to choose from, this seven-piece collection doesn't stop there. It comes in your choice of Fresh or Floral fragrances so you can tailor this edit to your specific taste, plus it features a complementary Fine Liquid Hand Wash that you're bound to love. With a variety of sizes ideal for taking your favourite formulas on your next adventure and presented in a gift box you'll currently only find at QVC, this isn't to be missed.
Five-star luxury - found in the world's finest hotels and high-end department stores, Molton Brown is synonymous with luxury living. You too can create a boutique feeling at home in your bathroom with their range of beautifully fragranced products.
Elevate your daily routine - made in England from the finest ingredients, the Bath & Shower Gels from Molton Brown are well-loved for their rich, versatile formulas and can be used in your daily shower as a luxurious, cleansing wash or in your bath for an indulgent, pampering experience.
Your own slice of paradise - blissfully balanced, Flora Luminare is inspired by the idyllic Tahitian Punaauia beach and pays tribute to the Tiare flower, one of the world's most coveted gardenia flowers. Combined with notes of orange blossom, jasmine absolute, vanilla and musk, this sublime scent drifts you away to the tropical shores of an island paradise.
One sweet source - created by Senior Perfumer Vanessa Prudent, Molton Brown's Delicious Rhubarb & Rose fragrance starts its story at the iconic 'Rhubarb Triangle' in West Yorkshire. Here, extract is sourced from the radiant pink strands of the sweetest spring rhubarb before coming together with gentle pink rose in a delicate harmony of scent.
Coveted fragrance - crafted by Master Perfumer Jacques Chabert in 2002, the iconic Re-charge Black Pepper fragrance is one of Molton Brown's most well-known scents. It brings soft citrus, deep woody and rich spicy notes together in a bold, adventurous blend loved by both men and women across the globe.
You saw it right - yes, that's Re-charge Black Pepper Fine Liquid Hand Wash in the Fresh collection, a formula that's currently only available at QVC. Re-charge Black Pepper is a firm favourite among Molton Brown fans, so we couldn’t resist bringing it to you in this luxe Fine Liquid Hand Wash formula too!
Well presented - whether it's a gift for you, from you, or a treat for someone special, this set comes nicely presented in a gift box, which you'll currently only see here at QVC. Their (or your!) eyes are bound to light up when the lid is lifted!
Fragrance notes:
Relaxing Ylang-Ylang:
  • Top notes: tangerine, cardamom and ginger
  • Heart notes: ylang-ylang and jasmine
  • Base notes: vanilla, cedarwood and musk
Flora Luminare:
  • Top notes: orange blossom, mandarin and ylang-ylang
  • Heart notes: Polynesian frangipani, jasmine absolute and rose absolute
  • Base notes: vanilla, cedarwood and musk
Lemon & Mandarin:
  • Top notes: mandarin
  • Heart notes: fig leaf
  • Base notes: cedarwood
  • Extract: lemon fruit
Fiery Pink Pepper:
  • Top notes: pink pepper, tangerine and elemi
  • Heart notes: nutmeg, ginger and jasmine
  • Base notes: patchouli, cedarwood and oakmoss
Orange & Bergamot:
  • Top notes: orange, bergamot and mandarin
  • Heart notes: neroli, cardamom and galbanum
  • Base notes: musk, ylang-ylang and cedarwood
Delicious Rhubarb & Rose:
  • Top notes: grapefruit, yuzu and lemongrass
  • Heart notes: rhubarb leaf, rose and spearmint
  • Base notes: vanilla, musk and spun sugar
Lily & Magnolia Blossom:
  • Top notes: magnolia, white tea and green mandarin
  • Heart notes: lily of the valley, peony and freesia
  • Base notes: sandalwood, white musk and ylang-ylang
Blissful Temple Tree:
  • Top note: fragrant jasmine
  • Heart note: fruity rose
  • Base note: sandalwood
Infusing Eucalyptus:
  • Top notes: eucalyptus, lavandin and rosemary
  • Heart notes: wild mint, clove and thyme
  • Base notes: cedarwood, patchouli and musk
Re-charge Black Pepper:
  • Top notes: black pepper, lemon and ginger
  • Heart notes: coriander oil and basil
  • Base notes: vetiver, oakmoss and ambergris
Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel:
  • Top notes: fig leaves, cardamom and bergamot
  • Heart notes: marine notes, jasmine and violet leaf
  • Base notes: salted cypress, cedarwood and musk
Russian Leather:
  • Top notes: elemi, black tea and purple basil
  • Heart notes: Siberian pine, tobacco and birch
  • Base notes: vetiver, leather and cade
Geranium Nefertum:
  • Top notes: fig leaf accord and bergamot
  • Heart notes: geranium and jasmine
  • Base notes: labdanum, oakmoss accord and sandalwood
Make your choice:
Floral collection contains:

• 1 x Relaxing Ylang-Ylang Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a rich, hypnotic scent
  • 1 x Flora Luminare Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a Tahitian-inspired, floral scent
  • 1 x Lemon & Mandarin Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) - designed to cleanse and protect your skin from drying out and leave your hands feeling soft, refreshed and beautifully fragranced. Boasting a decadent translucent gel formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water
  • 1 x Fiery Pink Pepper Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in this iconic, invigorating scent
  • 1 x Orange & Bergamot Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an uplifting citrus scent
  • 1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an irresistibly sweet and floral scent
  • 1 x Lily & Magnolia Blossom Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in exquisite scent
  • 1 x gift box - currently only available at QVC
Or
Fresh collection contains:

• 1 x Blissful Templetree Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in exquisite scent
  • 1 x Infusing Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an invigorating clean scent of Infusing Eucalyptus
  • 1 x Re-charge Black Pepper Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) - designed to cleanse and protect your skin from drying out and leave your hands feeling soft, refreshed and beautifully fragranced. Boasting a decadent translucent gel formula that creates a light lather upon contact with water. Currently only available at QVC
  • 1 x Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in a fresh sea-soaked scent
  • 1 x Re-charge Black Pepper Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) - an award-winning translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in its iconic, spicy scent
  • 1 x Russian Leather Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an intense, enigmatic scent
  • 1 x Geranium Nefertum Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - a translucent gel formula suitable for all skin types, which beautifully lathers on contact with water and helps to deeply cleanse and soften the skin while enveloping you in an alluring, complex scent
  • 1 x gift box - currently only available at QVC

its a great deal for what you get
I respectfully disagree. The last few years there have been sales and deals in which 300ml bottles are around £11 each. A good deal on this for me would have been £44 inc postage, £48 at most. This is £54 (so each 300ml is about £13.50). On the other hand, we had a rubbish sale in Jan so maybe the glory days are over. I am not complaining, as I had already set my limit so it’s a relief and I won’t be buying this from Q.

I’m in a quandary! I had set my limit around the same as Andi. I would keep the three large ones for me and in fact, now that I’m using a Coastal Cypress hand wash and know I haven’t got one in the stash (thanks to my spreadsheet 😂😂) I would keep that too. The remaining three would go into a present for my neighbours. Also they are not the 30ml size which I dislike for myself and as a gift. I suppose I shall go for it but, like last Xmas, don’t think it is a particularly good deal by usual MB/Q standards.

I respectfully disagree. The last few years there have been sales and deals in which 300ml bottles are around £11 each. A good deal on this for me would have been £44 inc postage, £48 at most. This is £54 (so each 300ml is about £13.50). On the other hand, we had a rubbish sale in Jan so maybe the glory days are over. I am not complaining, as I had already set my limit so it’s a relief and I won’t be buying this from Q.
No, me either Andi. In fact, I'm still not tempted in the slightest.

Q did a Big Deal a few months ago with three bottles of Rosa Absolute and I finished the second bottle last night so I'll just keep a look out for the next sale I think as I've still got quite a stash to get through.

Latest posts

Back