Molton Brown TSV 06/03/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually, directly from Molton Brown, you’d pay £94 for the Fresh option, and £89 (excluding the 50ml Rhubarb & Rose) for the Floral option. So to get the entire collection in either option for our Today’s Special Value price of just £49.96, plus P&P, you’re saving £40.09 for the Fresh and £35.09 for the Floral.

1st Option

300ml Blissful Templetree Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 cost £12.62
300ml Infusing Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 cost £12.62
300ml Black Pepper Hand Wash RRP £20 cost £11.47
100ml Black Pepper Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 cost £5.73
100ml Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 cost £5.73
50ml Russian Leather Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 cost £2.87
50ml Geranium Nefertum Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 cost £2.87

2nd Option

300ml Relaxing Ylang Ylang Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 cost £12.62
300ml Floral Luminare Bath & Shower Gel RRP £22 cost £12.62
300ml Lemon & Mandarin Hand Wash RRP £20 cost £11.47
100ml Fiery Pink Pepper Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 cost £5.73
100ml Orange & Bergamot Bath & Shower Gel RRP £10 cost £5.73
50ml Rhubarb & Rose Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 cost £2.87
50ml Lily & Magnolia Blosson Bath & Shower Gel RRP £5 cost £2.87

Total RRP £94 cost £53.91 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

No, me either Andi. In fact, I'm still not tempted in the slightest.

Q did a Big Deal a few months ago with three bottles of Rosa Absolute and I finished the second bottle last night so I'll just keep a look out for the next sale I think as I've still got quite a stash to get through.
Mmmm, judging by a previous post detailing the number of bottles you had, I’d like to nominate this remark for “the understatement of the year”
Oh I love the idea of a spreadsheet for my stash. I could include a column for date ordered, unopened shelf-life date etc. I could then do a sort to see those I needed to use next! Oh, and of course, a column to indicate which of my homes the product(s) are in ;):giggle:
Don’t forget the column for tradesmen/postman/lollipop lady etc for the ones you intend “gifting”

Mmmm, judging by a previous post detailing the number of bottles you had, I’d like to nominate this remark for “the understatement of the year

Don’t forget the column for tradesmen/postman/lollipop lady etc for the ones you intend “gifting”

I can't even argue with that really, but in my defence, AndiK is just as bad (if not worse) than me 😂🤷‍♂️

Mmmm, judging by a previous post detailing the number of bottles you had, I’d like to nominate this remark for “the understatement of the year”
I can't even argue with that really, but in my defence, AndiK is just as bad (if not worse) than me 😂🤷‍♂️
Oh, we’re starting that now, are we? “Never mind my 54* bottles of Molton Brown stashed away - X has got 55*.”

* quantities stated may or may not be accurate

As I would never pay their full price for the small items, for me the RRP is £86 being 4x300ml. The last trio I bought was £40 with no postage. The Xmas TSV was around £58 inc postage and that had 3x300, plus 2x100, plus those five stupid 30ml. I thought that was a poor deal and was annoyed with myself after I got it. So this is effectively 4x300ml for £54, whereas buying the Amazon duos after Christmas, 4 bottles would have been £52. I don’t know where that has got me really!!!! 😂😂 Basically I think it has persuaded me it isn’t great but not too bad, especially given that their sale was so sh*te!!!! Maybe they are feeling the pinch post-covid like many firms.

Sorry for this ramble! I think I have persuaded myself back into buying mode (not hard) as at least I like all the shower gels. I did lash out I think £17 on Juniper Jazz as it looked so absolutely gorgeous but in the end I used it as hand wash as it had little fragrance in the shower. At least Eucalyptus and Templetree are belters. What the hell, I’m going in, 😱.

As I would never pay their full price for the small items, for me the RRP is £86 being 4x300ml. The last trio I bought was £40 with no postage. The Xmas TSV was around £58 inc postage and that had 3x300, plus 2x100, plus those five stupid 30ml. I thought that was a poor deal and was annoyed with myself after I got it. So this is effectively 4x300ml for £54, whereas buying the Amazon duos after Christmas, 4 bottles would have been £52. I don’t know where that has got me really!!!! 😂😂 Basically I think it has persuaded me it isn’t great but not too bad, especially given that their sale was so sh*te!!!! Maybe they are feeling the pinch post-covid like many firms.

Sorry for this ramble! I think I have persuaded myself back into buying mode (not hard) as at least I like all the shower gels. I did lash out I think £17 on Juniper Jazz as it looked so absolutely gorgeous but in the end I used it as hand wash as it had little fragrance in the shower. At least Eucalyptus and Templetree are belters. What the hell, I’m going in, 😱.
Come on, pull yourself together, girl! Think how much time you’ll save not having to update your spreadsheet if you abstain.

Come on, pull yourself together, girl! Think how much time you’ll save not having to update your spreadsheet if you abstain.
Do you know, I have just made myself go and look at the stash in Nanny McPhee mode and said this is just ridiculous!!! I think it’s just FOMO that is pushing me on. I’ll go and have some lunch away from the iPad and hope I forget about it. (I won’t.)

If it's just the Coastal that you're after ClaireKelly, this is pretty much identical IMO. I do still slightly prefer the MB one though, but I do use this range as well and it's very, very good.
It's a shame they decided on the name ManCave really as most of their shower gels are definitely unisex to be honest.

I got some of the Man Cave for various male friends and family for Christmas from Amazon. They were 3 for the price of 2,I think and I have had good responses from the ones who got them. Hubby particularly likes the Sea Salt.

I did read somewhere that prices for packaging and the raw materials for products had gone up dramatically this last year for cosmetics , hair and bath products.. I have had trouble finding my normal shampoo and conditioner,looking at Boots online last month nearly everything was " awaiting stock".

I looked at my Hubbies side of the bathroom cabinet & found 5 bottles & 4 of the large soaps, I know I have at least 2 bottles & several mini ones, & 3 in the shower currently, so not going to buy.
If only that were the extent of my stash! However, I had a Damascene moment as I was still dithering when I got an email offering match funding for donations to the DEC Ukraine appeal. So that’s it now, money sent and I must sit on my hands as regards this offer.
I did read somewhere that prices for packaging and the raw materials for products had gone up dramatically this last year for cosmetics , hair and bath products.. I have had trouble finding my normal shampoo and conditioner,looking at Boots online last month nearly everything was " awaiting stock".
Yes, that could well be an issue, good point. There seem to be lots of things out of stock these days. Even on Ocado it is pretty much pot luck whether things are available, even the most basic.

If only that were the extent of my stash! However, I had a Damascene moment as I was still dithering when I got an email offering match funding for donations to the DEC Ukraine appeal. So that’s it now, money sent and I must sit on my hands as regards this offer.

Yes, that could well be an issue, good point. There seem to be lots of things out of stock these days. Even on Ocado it is pretty much pot luck whether things are available, even the most basic.
Up to last week we been doing regular weekly Ocado orders with the odd thing out of stock then last week we opted to change to Morrisons for a bit. With our second order for last night, good job we checked Monday what was in stock for delivery. As there was about 15 items across different departments out of stock including hardly any carrots or dog biscuits available for the delivery.

ha id gladly take black pepper as a presnet (LOOOOL)
There's a queue Super - and you're behind me :LOL::LOL:

CC

Up to last week we been doing regular weekly Ocado orders with the odd thing out of stock then last week we opted to change to Morrisons for a bit. With our second order for last night, good job we checked Monday what was in stock for delivery. As there was about 15 items across different departments out of stock including hardly any carrots or dog biscuits available for the delivery.
Bry has officially stated he doesn't mind switching to chicken 🐶🍗🍗

CC

Now that's a good point and it means I'll need an individual row for each repeat purchase rather than a quantity column. It's going to be a big spreadsheet, espcially when I'll need a RAOKTAS column for my "just in case", Random Act Of Kindness To A Stranger purchases. How I ever managed without said spreadsheet hitherto is unfathomable. :unsure:

Anyway, I think my money's safe on this one - I'm just finishing a eucalyptus for the first time and was surprised at how much I like it, I also like the black peppercorn but I totally associate it with showering, I'm unconvinced it would work as a handwash. Russian Leather and Tabacco are the only MB fragrances that I absolutely loath. I'm not keen on the Ylang Ylang so that rules out the second kit as I've already 'gifted' so many of those in multiple sizes that there's a risk that even my RAOKTAS could appear unimaginative.

One of my friends tried to throw me under the bus over her handbag buying. Yes, she had over 50 and keeps looking at them and buying. She was moving to a ground floor flat and her eldest daughter helping her pack things. Daughter was shocked at the number of handbags as she never knew it was that many and told her. Friend suddenly mentioned me and buying perfume and cosmetics and was told it was none of her business what I bought.

I don't mind Black Pepper, for some reason I could never take to Pink Pepper.

I received a card from MB yesterday about their Rose and Rhubarb sets they are doing. Very pretty. Also, an invitation to come into a store. We have two MB stores in Belfast.

Latest posts

Back