Molton Brown TSV 01/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IIRC the double hand wash Xmas boxed set is usually around £24*. I may be wrong!!!!! But I don't think they are ever below £20.

*that is the JLP/MB shop/DHS price.

Thanks. John Lewis have a boxed set of handwash and hand lotion for £24 at the moment. Seems only to be available in Blue Maquis fragrance, though, which I'm not familiar with. It sounds a bit too masculine for me but a nice set and good price so I'll keep an eye open for more such offers.

Molton Brown really does seem to have had it's day. I remember, just a few years ago, how excited everyone would get at the prospect of the MB TSV. It was always the big feature on a weekend beauty show, and would sell out so quickly, everyone was afraid they'd miss it. Now it's relegated to a Wednesday, and there seems to be no excitement or interest beyond a few comments that it's 'not for me'.
I think they shot themselves in the foot when they disappeared from Q a few years ago, saying they felt their presence on selly telly was 'diminishing the exclusivity of the brand'. The big 'comeback' hasn't quite been what was expected, has it?

The prices were a lot better for, imo, higher quality tsvs

I checked out the Molton Brown website at the weekend to compare prices before TSV day - and their prices were as they've been for some time now... generally, the shower gels at £18, and handwash's for £16.
However, today they've put their prices on-line up!!
The shower gels are now £20, and the handwash's are £18.
Can anyone in the know say if this has anything to do with the TSV today? QVC were still comparing prices with Molton Brown's pre-hike prices on the launch show at midnight... the cynic in me is saying that they've hiked the prices today because they expect an increase in potential customers off the back of QVC's all-day advertising for their brand, and I'm not impressed!

I got £77, no postage, from MB. Good saving if you will use the individual products. Or give as gifts.

not a lot considering the hey days were beating the elemis tsv's 150,000 oh well

Wow, did they really used to sell as many as Elemis? And do Elemis still sell as many as 150,000 or was that a few years ago too?

They wont match the frenzy they used to have with TSV's a few years ago. People waited up til midnight for really good, well-priced Molten Brown TSV's that sold out in minutes if not hours. When they left QVC they were replaced very quickly and easily with other brands. Since they left, the industry has drastically changed. Very few brands command the same frenzy. The Elemis Christmas one almost makes it. The Tarte one... almost. Some brands like Mally manage the occasional TSV sellout, but it is getting harder. Don't think it's anything wrong with the brand, but by leaving they lost their iconic status and now it is too difficult to regain. They had QVC viewers at "Hello" and then they dumped them. It's a fickle world.

qvc need to pack more items in the tsv to make them more palatable with the eye watering £6 postage it was not tempting enough

I get gift vouchers for Christmas House of Fraser so wait for the Boxing Day sale. Last Boxing Day it was Molton Brown I bought, certain items 30% off and then the box duo. Valbonne one of their perfumes, Grapeseed duo bath/shower and lotion(actually really love this one, and it was £21 for the set full size) and Frankincense hand wash and hand lotion( using these in the bath, I did ask and SA who said why not). The perfume and last two on 30% off. Early last year I got the gift box set of Gold Oud bath/shower and Shisur perfume on a brilliant deal in one of their own stores.

We have three Molton Browns in Belfast two stand alone stores and large counter in House of Fraser. All going for years and one is about 15 minutes walk from me. The best is in the Kilkenny outlet its north Dublin , I have friends who went and everything like 70% off. Also with sterling against the euro even better deals.

Latest posts

Back