Mayday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I couldn't work out when the hair sample that was put in the bag by the police had changed into a stone at the end or maybe I missed something??

I think the hair sample was 'magically' swapped for the stone by the dead girl because she knew that Linus' dad was innocent

I did wonder if I would regret not seeing this but it doesn't sound as if I missed much!

I was very disappointed in it. Every character was perverse and twisted in one way or another and as for the atmospheric music and touches of the supernatural, well it just made me roll my eyes:( Twin contact and pebbles from beyond the grave with a psychiatric patient bringing in hints of the Green Man just made me shake my head even more. Add to that the fact that they all but revealed the killer in the first episode and then dragged it out for four more episodes throwing in unconvincing red herrings with a mother/police officer refusing to listen to her child who was nervous around her father and repeatedly told her that she'd seen the victim. Pretentious tosh imho.

I never understood why the girl would put a spell on the policeman in the first place they never hinted that he had done anything to her did they?
and the policemans wife hinted at something in the past with linus's dad which is why she wanted to fit him up because she knew her old man had done the murder but we never got to know what he had done to make her hate him so much.to many loose ends at the end for me

I watched all the episodes yesterday and feel a bit short changed. I don't like it when loose ends are left - I am one of those who gets annoyed when characters get out of cars and leave the car door open and walk away, very exasperating.

Spoiler alert:

Did Seth survive after being beat up?

As the police now have no direct evidence linking Linus's dad to the killing as the nest / hair has been exchanged for a stone, they will continue to look for the killer, who, I presume will have a nervous breakdown after seeing the dead girl kept her promise to come back and haunt him.

Who did Linus keep seeing - was it his dead mother or the dead girl? :thinking:

Linus' dad's bag had some of his mothers things in, he didn't want to get rid of it when she died so had stored it all in their garage, he'd finally decided to make a start so he'd packed some of it up to dispose of and didn't want his son to know so was defensive when caught with it

The pebbles thing, the dead girl was a witch of some kind and as she had a strong bond with her twin was sending them from 'the other side' as she said like when someone tosses a pebble at you bedroom window if they were trying to get your attention

I twigged that the pebbles were from the dead sister but apart from Patrick Swayze, who managed to move a coin in Ghost to prove to his wife/widow that he was communicating, ghosts aren't supposed to be able to do things like that are they, other than poltergeists, but anyway I thought there was more to it than that, somehow..!

Hmm...bit drastic to give Linus such a backhander then if the bag contained nothing more sinister than the dead wife's effects, as she was supposed to have died quite a long time ago I gathered, if she slipped on toys Linus had left lying about?

I never understood why the girl would put a spell on the policeman in the first place they never hinted that he had done anything to her did they?
and the policemans wife hinted at something in the past with linus's dad which is why she wanted to fit him up because she knew her old man had done the murder but we never got to know what he had done to make her hate him so much.to many loose ends at the end for me

I wanted to know too what Linus's dad had done to Fiona and that was something else that wasn't explained!

I watched all the episodes yesterday and feel a bit short changed. I don't like it when loose ends are left - I am one of those who gets annoyed when characters get out of cars and leave the car door open and walk away, very exasperating.

Spoiler alert:

Did Seth survive after being beat up?

As the police now have no direct evidence linking Linus's dad to the killing as the nest / hair has been exchanged for a stone, they will continue to look for the killer, who, I presume will have a nervous breakdown after seeing the dead girl kept her promise to come back and haunt him.

Who did Linus keep seeing - was it his dead mother or the dead girl? :thinking:

I think Linus kept seeing his mother, but again, I don't know why!

I thought the policeman would choke on his cake or something at the picnic when they saw what they thought was Hattie cycling along!

All in all, for me, a very UNsatisfactory ending!

"I wanted to know too what Linus's dad had done to Fiona and that was something else that wasn't explained!"

I took it that he had forced himself on her in the past as he mentioned at one point that he hoped she wasn't trying to make out that the eldest child was his.

Latest posts

Back