Marverine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Honeybunny

Registered Shopper
Strange Tweet from her yesterday, not my favourite presenter but hope she's OK?

''What a week. Tense, nervewracking & upsetting. Not had a week like it tbh. Hug your loved ones & tell them you love them, won't you?''

These things always seem a little bit self indulgent to me... A bit like when someone just posts a sad face on Facebook - they are obviously doing that to get people to ask what's wrong.

Why would anyone tweet something so cryptic - why not just be clearer about what's going on?

Why do people feel the need to share this sort of stuff with strangers anyway?

These things always seem a little bit self indulgent to me... A bit like when someone just posts a sad face on Facebook - they are obviously doing that to get people to ask what's wrong.

Why would anyone tweet something so cryptic - why not just be clearer about what's going on?

Why do people feel the need to share this sort of stuff with strangers anyway?

TOTALLY agree with you there.... argh.. Facebook, I have relatives on there who are forever posting stuff like this, it drives me mad.

I'm guilty of that Tiddlywinks .....I was very distressed last year about my nieces daddy ...he was in a coma ...thankfully came out of it and right as rain ...but I couldn't stop bawling and this forum were wonderful with their good wishes....a kind word can achieve so much in this life ....she was only 3 and her Dad a young man ...I will ever forget the kind words of comfort ....but i understand where you are coming ....but I never underestimate now how i kind word can make. A difference .....;0)

But it's the difference between saying 'xxx is happening and I need to share' or just posting ':sad: hug your loved ones'.

One is starting a conversation, the other IMO is attention seeking.

I'm glad things came good for your family May.

I think she and her husband are still living in separate cities, since she joined the Q. Perhaps she is missing being with him 24/7. I remember when I was engaged, and I was accepted to do a second degree course, in probation/social work. Because I didn't want to be apart from my fiancé, I turned it down. After 13 years together, we split up, and now I wish I had gone to uni again. Point being, if she truly sees her job as an opportunity to preogress to better things, perhaps the distance between her hubby and herself, is a sacrifice worth making. We don't know what the future holds. It is their decision. Saying all this, maybe the situation has nothing to do with the way she is feeling. Hope she is feeling better, anyway.

I do not wish the lady any ill will but (a) I can't abide her and (b) why in gods name do people have to live their lives out in public.

The one thing that really perplexes me is the announcement of the death of a close family member on FB. Who at the very start of a bereavement would consider social media as your first port of call. Maybe I am totally out of sync with the modern world.

Her post indicates some uncertainty. It will be something like a disciplinary at work or threat of redundancy. It may also be a health situation or a relationship problem. I like her and wish her well but I don't know why people post personal things on Twitter and Facebook. Mind you I suppose it's no different to my newspaper articles really.

I do not wish the lady any ill will but (a) I can't abide her and (b) why in gods name do people have to live their lives out in public.

The one thing that really perplexes me is the announcement of the death of a close family member on FB. Who at the very start of a bereavement would consider social media as your first port of call. Maybe I am totally out of sync with the modern world.

I was as perplexed as you when my best friend died. I was not on FB and we received a phone call from her husband. However her sister announced the death on FB, and also used it to post news on funeral arrangements etc, so most of her friends, acquaintances and work colleagues past and present would know. It seemed to work as the church was absolutely rammed.

I thought her tweet was strange and obviously something quite serious has happened. I've noticed she's not tweeted anything re any qvc products coming up and neither has her blog been updated for a while. I've also noticed she's only down to work tomorrow morning but I have a feeling she won't be in tomorrow. I do hope she's ok but if her tweet is in respect of qvc I doubt qvc will acknowledge anything.

OH please don't get me started, I couldn't resist posting when I saw the topic was this woman - my very least favourite QVC presenter of the lot (and that's saying something).

I dislike when pseudo celebrities/presenters do this kind of tweet - get on with your life in private.

Another thing I loathe about QVC is that they tell you to send in a text but ignore it when you do - tell you to tweet - so that tells me they are more interested in people who use those two awful social networking sites, facebook and twitter - c'mon get a life QVC some of us cannot be bothered with facebook or twitter.

I watch Marverine on the morning show today. Much improved presenting style, non of the rolling of the eyes. My stepmother used to do that a lot, she was educated at a stage school. She must have thought that as children we were entertained by it.

I like Marverine she seems such a lovley lady but her voice for a presenter grates on me .....but as a person she seems very nice....

Latest posts

Back