Mally's company for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm looking forward to the TSV, and I will be very sorry if the company ceases to produce the eyebrow crayon, the mascara, some of her complexion products including her poreless defender non-powder thing.

In the upcoming TSV I'm particularly looking forward to the foundation compact.
The reason it looks so dark (like a bronzer) is because it is a flesh coloured sponge soaked in liquid foundation.
I'll be interested to see if there is an SPF.

Recently I've been using the Etude version of this from eBay. And I can say, hand on heart, that it is the best foundation I have used in 30 years.
It actually matches and blends perfectly with my skintone (how rare is that?!?)
It is weightless
It is spf 50, UVA and UVB
It is both moisturising and oil absorbing (miraculous, eh?)
It lasts all day
I can use the poreless defender over it.

Oh, and each compact on eBay costs about £7!!!

Of course, there is no reason to think that Mally's version will be anything like this, but if she is copying the Korean packaging, I can hope she is copying their formula too.

The brush is just a bonus.

And the rest of the kit looks very promising, but I will need to give the bright pink gloss away * shudder *

Now I just have to guess which shade to order...

I'm looking forward to the TSV, and I will be very sorry if the company ceases to produce the eyebrow crayon, the mascara, some of her complexion products including her poreless defender non-powder thing.

In the upcoming TSV I'm particularly looking forward to the foundation compact.
The reason it looks so dark (like a bronzer) is because it is a flesh coloured sponge soaked in liquid foundation.
I'll be interested to see if there is an SPF.

Recently I've been using the Etude version of this from eBay. And I can say, hand on heart, that it is the best foundation I have used in 30 years.
It actually matches and blends perfectly with my skintone (how rare is that?!?)
It is weightless
It is spf 50, UVA and UVB
It is both moisturising and oil absorbing (miraculous, eh?)
It lasts all day
I can use the poreless defender over it.

Oh, and each compact on eBay costs about £7!!!

Of course, there is no reason to think that Mally's version will be anything like this, but if she is copying the Korean packaging, I can hope she is copying their formula too.

The brush is just a bonus.

And the rest of the kit looks very promising, but I will need to give the bright pink gloss away * shudder *

Now I just have to guess which shade to order...

The etude version you mentioned off eBay sounds right up my street. I've just had a look on eBay but I'm not sure which one it is? Would it be possible for you to point me in the right direction and also, which shade do you buy? I'm usually the second from palest in foundation so would you know which one I should order?

I didn't realise that Mally's TSV details had come up yet and just found the card in our recycling bin outside! Think my hubby is trying to tell me something LOL. Ain't gonna stop me :mysmilie_17:

Hi,

I get the 'mineral any cushion' (the cushion being the little sponge inside)
I've actually bought all 3 of their shades - cos I still tan with SPF 50!
The palest is me mid winter somewhere between LG porcelain and fair.
The second is me now, probably LG fairish.
The third is me in high summer, maybe LG medium, but I haven't needed that yet.
Apparently the Koreans love fair skin.

They are all non-pink and beige rather than yellow toned.
Although I did see a colour called 'rosey something' but didn't go for it because anything pink makes me look like I've been crying.

To be honest, in your place I would probably buy two shades and save the p&p, they are so cheap, I bought about 5 at once.

Other top tips:
Buy 1 compact and then buy the clip-in refills
Apply with a foundation brush - I use a flat topped one.

Enjoy! I think this stuff is marvellous, so I hope it suits you too.

Yes, Korea where the original BB creams are totally different from the Western versions. We get a lightweight tinted moisturizer which some excitedly tell us has a SPF15-20. In Korea their version are thick like a foundation and usually SPF50 some might have a 30. Its Oriental thing were they prefer to have a pale complexion and want to protect it. Japanese foundations always run lighter that the Western version, some US brands are made in Japan for them. I remember a Stila foundation I was a shade 30!!!! Even Chanel which products exclusives for the Orient has much pale foundation shades there.

Those sponge foundations are making a come back, Lancome released one some months back. Never fancied them myself, very little actual product compared to buying a bottle or tube of foundation.

Oriental people don't make melanin and if they expose their skin to sunlight, they burn very badly. That's why, when you see Japanese tourists, they're always fully covered and wearing big hats & sunglasses. They have to wear high SPF, otherwise they burn.
The other interesting thing about Orientals, they have very little body hair - lucky beggars!

Yes on holiday some use umbrellas as parasols although I notice some younger people don't seem to be so obsessed but that could be that they are from different countries but I am unable to distinguish who are from where just in passing.

Hello Crinkly,

Thank you for the recommendation, I am interested, you've described it so well all the pros that I'm looking for and I'm in between LG Porcelain and Fair but neither suits me perfectly so I'm hoping this one will. I've been on eBay and looked for some but didn't find the one at £7 though. Would you be able to just confirm this is the right one or perhaps post the link to the one that you buy? I think that I'm the palest shade with pink undertones not sure what she shade is called. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Etude-Hou...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19ecd3d9e9

The Mint one looks green (?)

Yes on holiday some use umbrellas as parasols although I notice some younger people don't seem to be so obsessed but that could be that they are from different countries but I am unable to distinguish who are from where just in passing.
I was on a train platform one day with a Japanese(?) wearing a face mask, he freaked me out as I thought he may be a terrorist as he boarded the same train as I did. I have since seen them around wearing face masks and I think they may be protecting themselves from air pollution but still non the wiser.

They wear face masks when they have a cold, so they don't pass it on!

This is very wise, respect. Some people don't even cover their mouths when sneezing in public places especially in closed places like trains and buses, yuck.

Hello Crinkly,

Thank you for the recommendation, I am interested, you've described it so well all the pros that I'm looking for and I'm in between LG Porcelain and Fair but neither suits me perfectly so I'm hoping this one will. I've been on eBay and looked for some but didn't find the one at £7 though. Would you be able to just confirm this is the right one or perhaps post the link to the one that you buy? I think that I'm the palest shade with pink undertones not sure what she shade is called. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Etude-Hou...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19ecd3d9e9

The Mint one looks green (?)

Hi,

I've been getting this one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETUDE-HOUSE-Precious-Mineral-Annie-Cushion-Refill-4-colors-SPF50-PA-/271374030500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f2f2716a4

The one you linked to is a colour corrective one - comes in mint, peach and pink I think.
But the link I've put in is for the normal foundation colour.

Hope this helps :)

I was in Japan for a holiday last year, and from the airport onwards, white masks were worn pretty much most of the time. When this was queried with our tour guide, there were several reasons given, but yes, one was the prevention of passing germs, then pollution from city traffic fumes, a high level of pollen from the mountains, and finally, - a 'fashion' thing, because "its the thing to do".

As an aside, I loved the place, - no graffiti or chewing gum on the pavements, lorry drivers wore white gloves (true!), taxi drivers wore suits, public toilets were so clean they were a marvel to behold, everyone was so polite, and even the youngest of shop assistant would bow their head when serving you. A truly amazing place.

About two years ago in Belfast a lady stopped and asked me directions. She bowed slightly and held her hand over her mouth a few inches away from touching skin. The person I was with said afterwards, she was Chinese I said no Japanese. Knew because of the slight bow and holding her hand over her mouth.

I was served by an older Japanese lady in Maceys in New York once, she was so very helpful, even went to the stockroom to find the size I needed, (and that's a first in Maceys!) and bowed when she bid me goodbye.

Okay, found out who has bought.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-mallygirl-sale-20150612-story.html

Sold for $10 million in the end and not one of the big boys. So no idea if they will continue to sell on QVC????

Interesting! So that's the original purchasing company - now forking out an additional $3 million compared to the original agreement - which should help the creditors, but I bet it's not really helpful to staff who are bound to be vulnerable at this time... Still less than they claimed the business was worth - and I wonder how many $millions have been swallowed up in lawyers' fees!

From an earlier post on this thread, which linked to https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/mally-roncals-makeup-firm-lands-in-chapter-7-bankruptcy/:
In the filings, the creditors claim that the cosmetics company was set to sell all its assets for $7 million to Beauty Visions LLC, whose business address is Loeb & Loeb in Manhattan. The creditors allege that the proposed price is well below the value of those assets, which it puts at $18 million.

Those assets include merchandise consigned to QVC and held at its warehouses across the nation.

Most of the $7 million was slated to be paid to Mally’s secured lender Essex Bank, with no funds left to pay any of the company’s other creditors, which obviously didn’t sit well with those creditors. That’s why they went to court. Mallygirl had defaulted on a loan to the bank.

I was in Japan for a holiday last year, and from the airport onwards, white masks were worn pretty much most of the time. When this was queried with our tour guide, there were several reasons given, but yes, one was the prevention of passing germs, then pollution from city traffic fumes, a high level of pollen from the mountains, and finally, - a 'fashion' thing, because "its the thing to do".

As an aside, I loved the place, - no graffiti or chewing gum on the pavements, lorry drivers wore white gloves (true!), taxi drivers wore suits, public toilets were so clean they were a marvel to behold, everyone was so polite, and even the youngest of shop assistant would bow their head when serving you. A truly amazing place.

It's a horrible place. Children are forced to attend cramming classes until 4am. There is so much pressure on people to succeed many people can't cope. They have vending machines selling dirty knickers in metro stations, the politeness is forced, ritualistic and fake. By far one of the worst places I've ever been.

Latest posts

Back