Mally's company for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A personal view Julius that you are perfectly entitled to express! (Mally irritated the he'll out of me at first) Eventually she wore me down and I tried her range and I absolutely loved it. Never been loyal to any make up brand before. Was so fickle!

A personal view Julius that you are perfectly entitled to express! (Mally irritated the he'll out of me at first) Eventually she wore me down and I tried her range and I absolutely loved it. Never been loyal to any make up brand before. Was so fickle!

Yes, I'm not keen on her, but her products may be perfectly good. I'm not a fan of snooty Liz Earle or her mini-me, Caroline Archer, but I do use her "Skin Repair Light" and find it excellent. My dermatologist recommended it. I'm not a fan of Alexis Murdoch but I do buy the occasional shea soap. I like that soap!

Well Mally has posted on her FB page that shes still coming for the Tsv on the 27th.

She has to. She has signed a contract agreeing to front the brand. It was part of the court proceedings. Her company assets are worth around $18,000,000 and are being bought for just 7,000,000. The assets were stated as rapidly decreasing in value to the point they would be totally worthless within weeks. Mally the business was really in a bad way. QVC hasn't paid her company anything for some time.

She has to. She has signed a contract agreeing to front the brand. It was part of the court proceedings. Her company assets are worth around $18,000,000 and are being bought for just 7,000,000. The assets were stated as rapidly decreasing in value to the point they would be totally worthless within weeks. Mally the business was really in a bad way. QVC hasn't paid her company anything for some time.

She might send Teeny.
And when they say QVC has not paid her for some time they must be talking about QVC US, not QVC UK. A different company whose Jurisdiction is in England and Wales not the US. There is no mention of QVC UK in the legal papers is there?

Oh this should be so uncomfortable, everyone being jolly and happy with no mention of what is happening to the company. Bet there won't be many tweets read out, 'Oh Mally I am so sorry, please keep coming and selling your Face Defender.' QVC do so like to keep the happy family front when the ship is sinking.

Remember Stacey still come to QVC UK with Models Prefer and the fashion as well, when the court case with QVC US was going on.

I got a card this morning: Maly's 7 piece SEcret to Happy Make up Collection - Poreless Perfection Foundation & Brush, Pecision Brow Wand & Sharpener, Mascara, Lip Gloss (bright pink), (brown) Eye Liner Pencil and Age Rebel Concealer wand. Let's hope they get all the right items out to buyers this time...QVC maybe open a few boxes to check their contents this time!

Nice to see some new product launches.

Just received a card too...the picture doesn't seem to go with the description, it states Poreless Perfection Fluid Foundation, self setting liquid formula. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a compact with what looks like a bronzer...I'm confused now :mysmilie_1:

It's a foundation soaked sponge in a compact I think (I used to use an Almay one like this). It's not a very economical foundation - I think there was a thread about it when it appeared in a TSV in the US. At about 9g of liquid foundation soaked into a sponge it's $40+ in the US, very little when compared with say the usual 30ml size of foundation.

http://www.qvc.com/Mallys-Secret-to-Happy-7-pc-Collection-with-Bag.product.A262525.html?sc=A262525-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-6-_-A262525&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/25/a262525.001?$uslarge$

http://www.qvc.com/Mally-Poreless-Perfection-FluidFoundation-with-Brush.product.A252447.html?sc=A252447-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-A252447&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/47/a252447.001?$uslarge$

Thank you for that Akimbo, just watched the presentation and think I'll give it a miss this time :mysmilie_59:

I need another brown eye pencil like a hole in the head! I'd be interested to try the concealer stick and the brow pencil but the hot pink gloss doesn't tempt me. The foundation would be expensive to repurchase if I tried and loved it. Hmmmm. I'll probably hold out for the Tarte TSV to satisfy my need for new slap!

Interesting to see Mally applying the foundation on Q in the US, in video she's using it on Joy, the model who used to come over with Micheal Maron with Mojave Magic, and doen't look a day older let alone a decade!

Just read on the US board that Mally's company is for sale through the bankruptcy court in Maryland. I am sad for Mally but hope her products continue to be available as many of my favourite make up items are Mally. Her primer, eye liners and cancellation concealer are unbeatable in my book and her "sunshine in a jar" works wonders in my case.

Oh no, I only wear her lip gloss and you can't get it shipped from the USA.

She should have had an on-line outlet in the UK.

Help, what shall I do lol

There are plenty of Mally sellers on ebay London if she does cease trading here, but we don't know for certain that will happen. This trio is still in stock http://www.qvcuk.com/Mally-3-Piece-...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-12-_-206095 plus a few others on QVCUK.

It might be worth ordering a few bits and pieces from the Q website before the TSV day when some items may sell out and not be reordered. (not that I'm trying to spend too much by scaremongering). I think Supercoolwillow mentioned there are new item numbers still being created for future Mally items which is an optimistic sign.

Been having a nose at who the creditors are. Intellectual property company, Real Estate company and packaging manufacturing company, in particular they make the mascara packaging (big seller for mally), the advertising company and that's not mentioning QVC. Apart from the debt to the packaging company which is 2. 4 milion dollars, the debts don't sound so high in comparison with sales, so it begs the question what the hell happened to the cash flow? If all those sales don't allow you to pay your rent, pay for the packaging and pay for advertising?

I have panic-bought only 2 items from Q -a face defender and a primer. My main love affair with Mally make up is the eye make up so have stocked up on my favourite eyeliner shade (espresso, Taupe and gunmetal) and also the airbrush eyeshadow I kept meaning to try. All a fraction of the price Q are selling it all for. Luckily I have about 5 Taupe eyeshadow sticks in my stash and a spare shimmering taupe eyeshadow in reserve when my current one (used almost daily) runs out. I have a few liquid lipsticks but they don't last very long. I still have the nude eye pallet hardly touched and got the gorgeous eyes collection with a lovely neutral quad included on Mally's last visit. Also thanks to ebay I have 3 smokey quartz eyeshadow sticks. Thanks to Mally always including mascara on her TSV's I have around 6 volumising mascaras in reserve! I wont chuck them out after 3 months anymore that's for sure! I think this stash will keep me going for a while.

I think Tarte and Doll 10 will replace Mally on the foundation and blusher front, and I always have my Bare Minerals original to fall back on.

Latest posts

Back