Mally's company for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What do the beauty experts think? Are Estee Lauder and L'Oreal circling for the kill? I'm not feeling it for some reason.

Well I've just panic-bought four Poreless Face Defender compacts as I love that product and haven't seen anything similar anywhere else.

I hope Mally pulls through this and keeps doing what she loves.

Mally is showing on my TV Guide on my App as having a TSV on 27th May. Really hope it goes ahead.

Don't forget QVC UK is a separate company and may not have an issue with Mally whereas QVC US might. Mally has her brand for sale in Ulta. Perhaps she is ditching Q in the US because she does not need them any more. Looking at the info in the various links posted, a couple of creditors started the lawsuit (one assumes because Mally Beauty owed a lot of money). QVC got wind of it and filed something to say "hey what about us" as soon as they realised Mally might be leaving them. I don't think this is the end of Mally, and she may indeed be selling the company whilst retaining a role in it somehow.

QVC UK is her only outlet in the UK so if she wants her brand to be available in the UK then she may continue in the UK but just ditch the US. Who knows.

What do the beauty experts think? Are Estee Lauder and L'Oreal circling for the kill? I'm not feeling it for some reason.

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Mally is not a big enough fish for these big boys. Mally is mainly US based, apart from QVC and since they owe money to a number of creditors, I am thinking smaller US brand buying on the cheap. Estee Lauder,L'Oreal,Avon and LVMH all go for the money making smaller fish, Mally is losing money hence the creditors moving in. The ad with the 30 Million, well they are not going to sell it if they say, we are in big trouble and need to off load. By the way Mally will not be bankrupt personally, its just the company.

Well I've just panic-bought four Poreless Face Defender compacts as I love that product and haven't seen anything similar anywhere else.

I thought I was mad buying 2 :mysmilie_59: yesterday (in panic mode) to stock up, but it is by far the best product for me, my makeup lasts all day...don't know what will replace it though :sad:

Noticed all her products were on Q US on maximum EP's yesterday.

I hope it's either kept going by QVCUS, or another buyer or the whole thing turns out to be some strategy by QVC to hang on to the brand. The Models Prefer court case saw Stacey trying to pull away from selling exclusively on QVC in the US, sadly the rebrand never recaptured the market share she had here in the UK. Being hopelessly optimistic I hope it's a blip and the Mally company will recover. Here in the UK I can't helping feeling the Mally company was royally stitched up by QVCUK's cock up with the Christmas TSV details on the Q website being incorrect. On top of higher returns Mally Beauty posted out the correct items to buyers who contacted them (with further problems of some buyers facing customs duty and being advised to refuse delivery pending the items being resent. It was a complete mess and QVC CS's only response was the usual "send it back for a refund" - returns' cost being stood by the vendor not QVC ofcourse.
My daughter was online with Teeny recently and nothing was mentioned, but ofcourse that's to be expected. I feel for the company's employees if they face job loss or loss of wages owing (none of which we know about btw - I don't want to start further online tales and rumour).

Oh b**g*r! Mally mascara and lip pencils are the only things I buy but I find they are the best. The lip pencils don't make my lips sore and the mascara doesn't make my lashes clump. However, both products have the opposite effect on my friend. Looks as though I'm going to have to do a bit more trawling to find them.

Shocked at this!! Thought she was 'make up' artist to most of the stars over there?? I much prefer her products to her on air presentations tho...!:mysmilie_19:

But QVC is only one of the creditors, so it would seem the company has not been doing well for sometime.

There is a thing in the US a 131 or 161???? Which companies can do if having financial troubles, its like breathing space to reorganize and get themselves back on track. Their creditors have to agreed to it. Kevyn Aucoin has done it twice and managed to survive. But the fact that Mally the company is going for bankruptcy is not good. As said the brand is in Ultra so not exclusive to QVC in the US. The thing with Models Prefer was QVC US actually put money into the company when it first started and had an exclusivity deal with QVC US. Then Stacey and her husband wanted to expand into stores etc, but QVC said no. QVC US did win the court case as they proved they had the rights to the name, that is why Models Prefer disappeared and Stacey started again with YBF.

This is the QVC US community thread all about it.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/508233/mallys-company-for-sale.aspx

I read Mally's book and she does say in there that her business was nothing without help from QVC US. Just an idea but no stock. Wouldn't be surprised if her deal was similar to Stacey's in the beginning.

Thanks for the link D, I used to read the US boards regularly but got out of the habit; I'll settle down for a read later with a cuppa! I wonder whether Mally the brand will fold and relaunch outside QVC in the US, maybe on HSN? Will we ever really know what's gone on? I'm glad I have a stock pile of the shadow sticks!

There is a Mally TSV on the 27th, I wonder if that will still go ahead. I've used a few of her items, and like some, but one thing she does that I love is her eyebrow set pencil thingy, can't remember what it's called but it keeps your eyebrow in place like a wax - I've tried a lot of them and hers works better than any, and the one I'm using I've had for 2 years.

No matter what's what, I hate to hear of a company going to bankruptcy.

Incidentally, I've noticed the Q community on the USA site before, but we don't seem to have the same community on our QVC website - or is it there and I've just missed something?

Last edited:
Shocked at this!! Thought she was 'make up' artist to most of the stars over there?? I much prefer her products to her on air presentations tho...!:mysmilie_19:

I'm very dubious about her claim that she's a celebrity make up artist TBH. Let's not forget that at the last Oscars ceremony, she was over here on Q flogging her latest TSV. Surely JLo and Beyoncé would have demanded her presence if she was that good?

In her book she said that she has focussed less on the make up artist role since having her children because it demanded far too much time away from home away from her children. She focussed on her product line instead. Though I don't think she abandoned the make up artistry altogether.

None of us have ever seen Mally do a full make up from start to end. She just dabs here and there to an already made up model.

Pretty sure I watched a video on you tube where she did her own makeup from start to finish, it was a while ago though so can't remember it exactly.

The trouble is many businesses see profit in the wrong way ....they spend it and bang .....you have to keep reinvesting the money ....they see cash flow and think , new car new house ...and not ...right back into the business for a while until real profit is made ....

Hope things get better for her soon ....i really so

Latest posts

Back