Mally Beauty TSV Sun Aug 23rd

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh decisions decisions. Despite Love A'kin's persuasive powers I have resisted the TSV because I haven't seen it properly yet, put a discovery kit in my basket 3 times and taken it out again, but bought the Summer Surprise eye pencil thingiemejig. What to do, what do do - does anyone have the shimmer shape glow thing already?

Can anyone explain what the appeal of this range as I don't see it.
It doesn't proclaim natural ingredients, it's not particularly cheap and in the main, it doesn't get good reviews on the QVC website.

< rather poor attempt at F.A.R.T ing by asking 'innocent' questions >

i wanted to be tempted by this, but really wasn't! i've got dark hair but cool colouring & to me, all the models seemed to be warm toned. there didn't seem to be too much choice for me, which is good on the FART scale i suppose!

the only thing i did twitch at was the eyeliner kit with the powders to set it, but the black disappeared before i made up my mind...so decision made for me ;)

i wanted to be tempted by this, but really wasn't! i've got dark hair but cool colouring & to me, all the models seemed to be warm toned. there didn't seem to be too much choice for me, which is good on the FART scale i suppose!

the only thing i did twitch at was the eyeliner kit with the powders to set it, but the black disappeared before i made up my mind...so decision made for me
;)

That's exactly what happened to me, too. I adore eyeliner, it's one of my weaknesses. I had just decided to order when it sold out, I'm longing to hear what others think of it. The eyeliner pencil in the Citychick package is excellent to apply and looks really good, but it doesn't have staying power in the heat.:sad:

Don't forget this brand is made especially for QVC. They are just using Mally as they did with Stacey of MP back in the day to front the brand.

MP was total tat appart from the eyebrow pencil which people raved about.
You really think Mally uses these products on her clients?

Don't forget this brand is made especially for QVC. They are just using Mally as they did with Stacey of MP back in the day to front the brand.

No, I think you're absolutely right but usually there are a few 'good nuggets' in amongst the dodgy stuff. I've had a look at the reviews and they're all a bit dire to some degree but the glow thing seems to be okay which is why I wondered if anyone had it? Hmmmmmmmmm........:thinking2:

Can anyone explain what the appeal of this range as I don't see it.
It doesn't proclaim natural ingredients, it's not particularly cheap and in the main, it doesn't get good reviews on the QVC website.

< rather poor attempt at F.A.R.T ing by asking 'innocent' questions >

I was very impressed WTIFT. Thats purdy good FARTING in my opinion.

I have to admit to getting a lot of Mally stuff the very first time she was here but it all went back, every bit of it as I just couldnt get it to look nice. The concealer which has a powder thing to set it just made me look caked no matter how much blending I did. In fact, all of the make up looked very obvious on my skin and despite the Bet Lynch name, I do wear quite subtle make up with the focus on my eyes.

On her last visit, I caved again and got a liner that I cannot even see on the web site anymore. I tried it once and again just didnt get on with it. It didnt last and didnt really show up no matter how much I put on. Unfortunately I forgot to return it and so its sat in my drawer as a lesson to me:wait2:

Bet X

Hiya my lovelies! :hi: :flower:

I'm completely unrepentant about my Mally purchases :D but I promise faithfully that I'll be extra good (starting tomorrow!) And I promise that if I don't love it I'll send it back with a flea in it's ear (and a teabag in its pocket)

A woman cannot live on F.A.R.T.S alone... :tongue2:

Stayed in last night, went to a cheap - heavily subsidised by the mother of the bride - hen night on friday night. I've just been to a free film screening followed by a meal for a £1 in Zizzis and bought another Touche Eclat so I'm having a cheap weekend really. :rock: :cheeky: :D (Even with my Mally purchases!)

Righto. Off to watch the 11am show now and see what I missed! :D

PS I'm cool and pale (Camellia in Prescriptives, Fair in BE, Porcelain in Bobbi Brown) - and Mally stuff works for me - but if you're not really all that tempted then don't buy it. Save your money for the things you use and love and things that make your heart sing that you've just gotta have! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hiya my lovelies! :hi: :flower:

I'm completely unrepentant about my Mally purchases :D but I promise faithfully that I'll be extra good (starting tomorrow!) And I promise that if I don't love it I'll send it back with a flea in it's ear (and a teabag in its pocket)

A woman cannot live on F.A.R.T.S alone... :tongue2:

Stayed in last night, went to a cheap - heavily subsidised by the mother of the bride - hen night on friday night. I've just been to a free film screening followed by a meal for a £1 in Zizzis and bought another Touche Eclat so I'm having a cheap weekend really. :rock: :cheeky: :D (Even with my Mally purchases!)

Righto. Off to watch the 11am show now and see what I missed! :D

PS I'm cool and pale (Camellia in Prescriptives, Fair in BE, Porcelain in Bobbi Brown) - - but if you're not really all that tempted then don't buy it. Save your money for the things you use and love and things that make your heart sing that you've just gotta have! :heart: :heart: :heart:

well done, hon! i wouldn't have regretted it either. But I am an anti-FARTS, so you probably shouldn't be listening to me.

same here; i have a feeling i may love the discovery kit!!!:flower:xxx

Mally just said she did! Its almost as though they read your post :tongue2:

....same here; i have a feeling i may love the discovery kit!!!:flower:xxx

What colour did you go for again in the Discovery kit WS? I don't think I fancy the TSV (don't like the thick eyeshadow crayon thingy!) but was looking at Discovery kits as I could do with a good blusher/blusher system! lol
(Bit confused by the options though.......!) :confused2:

well done, hon! i wouldn't have regretted it either. But I am an anti-FARTS, so you probably shouldn't be listening to me.

same here; i have a feeling i may love the discovery kit!!!:flower:xxx

I really hope you do sweetie! :heart:Did you get the Lighter pink one? That's what I've got - it's blummen fab. I'm wearing it right now. In fact I'm pretty thoroughly Mally'd right now. I've just been in Debenhams and the YSL lady asked me what "cheek" I was wearing so I showed her my SSG and put another whole lot on just to show her that it didn't look crazy - then put some on her as well! (Bit of a ghost town in Debenhams today! But she loved it. I bet she gets one!

After trying that Silver Dollar eyeshadow I bought a whole eyeshadow palette - and I LOVE the lipglosses, although the brush took a little getting used to. (I'm more used to a does foot.)

I'm trying to decide whether to try Believable Bronzer or get another SSG in the darker and /or peachier incarnation...:D

What colour did you go for again in the Discovery kit WS? I don't think I fancy the TSV (don't like the thick eyeshadow crayon thingy!) but was looking at Discovery kits as I could do with a good blusher/blusher system! lol

i went for the "in the pink light" option, kitten. :sun:

Unless you're dead pale and cool (like me) check out the darker options as the blusher part of the SSG is V subtle.

As for the names Pink is pink and "Love..." and "Life.." are the peachy ones.

Gosh Mally looks like a right hoochie-mama in that dress!!:down:,it's just soooooooooooo not flattering,even if she were'nt 5 or 6 months preggers it would look awful,much prefer the TSV launch outfit.

By the way i'm surprised she was even allowed to fly over here for the launch,I thought airlines had a cut-off date for pregnant women flying??

The TSV looks nice enough,but I have a million things in my make-up arsenal which can do the same and better.

i went for the "in the pink light" option, kitten. :sun:

I wonder if that would suit me too then? I prefer the 'English rose' look to 'sunkissed & sporty' but could do with a 'refining & defining' sytem rather than a single colour as could do with a more 'uplifting' effect around the cheek area! lol

ok FARTs, I'd better come clean and say I've gone for this too, thought it was a good deal and wasn't tempted by the TSV :angel::angel: My halo may have slipped slightly but compared to others who shall remain nameless.........:thinking2:

See. :D here I am selflessly making you look good! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My halo is shut in a biscuit tin under the stairs cos it tuts every time I hit submit! :grin:

I really hope you do sweetie! :heart:Did you get the Lighter pink one? That's what I've got - it's blummen fab. I'm wearing it right now. In fact I'm pretty thoroughly Mally'd right now. I've just been in Debenhams and the YSL lady asked me what "cheek" I was wearing so I showed her my SSG and put another whole lot on just to show her that it didn't look crazy - then put some on her as well! (Bit of a ghost town in Debenhams today! But she loved it. I bet she gets one!

After trying that Silver Dollar eyeshadow I bought a whole eyeshadow palette - and I LOVE the lipglosses, although the brush took a little getting used to. (I'm more used to a does foot.)

I'm trying to decide whether to try Believable Bronzer or get another SSG in the darker and /or peachier incarnation...:D

yes, L A'k, i went for the light pink. i just loooove the duck bl/silver eyeshadow in the kit.
i was, too, tempted earlier by the believable bronzer. i have never liked or used any bronzers, but the way she described and demonstrated it...just triggered memories of how i would get burnt on the face and the glow on the cheeks.... it looked really nice. :flower:

Latest posts

Back