Mally Beauty TSV 18/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Am I right in thinking that 4K Ultra HD Fantasy Foundation is similar to LG BnB? I mean that it evens out the skin imperfections like a BB or CC powder/cream and gives medium coverage and almost undetectable on the skin?

Sorry Marina, I missed this one - yes I think Mally has a well-documented hatred of 'powder' so this is meant to be a creme to powder-like foundation, similar to BnB, although a fair few reviews said it was powdery and went everywhere. I don't think she uses Talc in her formulations though, unlike Laura Geller...although I could be wrong.

Slightly off topic, but I don't think that QVC have done a great job of translating IT Cosmetics for a UK audience. Think the affiliation with cosmetic surgeons is less of a selling point over here, and I can't see that schmaltzy video about the brand speaking to British customers at all. Leigh from Tarte is much more down to earth and seems to "get" us, whereas the IT guests are quite intense and always look surprised!

Minx, I agree, I generally can't bear watching IT as they just look terrified to be there, like they're waiting for a Brit to crack a joke they won't get, ha ha. I love watching Leigh, as you say, she's so relaxed and really knows her stuff - I'm also always fascinated by how much make up she uses, she's always so well turned out.

Sorry Marina, I missed this one - yes I think Mally has a well-documented hatred of 'powder' so this is meant to be a creme to powder-like foundation, similar to BnB, although a fair few reviews said it was powdery and went everywhere. I don't think she uses Talc in her formulations though, unlike Laura Geller...although I could be wrong.
Thank you Tarketta.
I wish they’d put the foundation that you recommended in the upcoming TSV and I’m still keeping an eye on this 3 piece set with the ‘powder’ foundation.

Am I right in thinking that 4K Ultra HD Fantasy Foundation is similar to LG BnB? I mean that it evens out the skin imperfections like a BB or CC powder/cream and gives medium coverage and almost undetectable on the skin?

Marina I have just tried my balance and brighten fair (old formulation non spf) against Mally 4K in light, they are so close that if I added blush and other bits I would go out with an half and half base (got day off today that's why I haven't finished the look!) I found BnB easier I think it has something to do with the round compact and that is what I'm used to. The Mally 4K looks alarmingly yellow and dark in the pan yet is a whisker lighter than BnB fair when on. Mally 4K was very powdery during application and loads of loose powder around pan. Mally slightly better at covering redness and face feels softer on Mally side after application. Just in case that was to do with my face I removed and started again applying each foundation to opposite side.
Hope this helps x

Marina I have just tried my balance and brighten fair (old formulation non spf) against Mally 4K in light, they are so close that if I added blush and other bits I would go out with an half and half base (got day off today that's why I haven't finished the look!) I found BnB easier I think it has something to do with the round compact and that is what I'm used to. The Mally 4K looks alarmingly yellow and dark in the pan yet is a whisker lighter than BnB fair when on. Mally 4K was very powdery during application and loads of loose powder around pan. Mally slightly better at covering redness and face feels softer on Mally side after application. Just in case that was to do with my face I removed and started again applying each foundation to opposite side.
Hope this helps x

Thank you Sooze, I like that it’s similar to bnb but without the talc. I’m just waiting to see what’s in the upcoming TSV and make up my mind x

I think that I’m in. I like the AD option if there is one just in case I can’t live without a product.
It seems that this is a more generous option than the last one as the foundation is 30ml V 9g in the last one.

I think that I’m in on this one. I like the AD option if there is one just in case I can’t live without a product.

Interesting, it does seem like Q is slowly but surely cutting back on EZpays and steering towards the AD option instead - Mally TSVs have been on 4 EZpays for as long as I can remember, think there will be a revolt on FB if this one doesn't have them :mysmilie_17:

Interesting, it does seem like Q is slowly but surely cutting back on EZpays and steering towards the AD option instead - Mally TSVs have been on 4 EZpays for as long as I can remember, think there will be a revolt on FB if this one doesn't have them :mysmilie_17:

most tsvs at the begining of a year have auto-delivery but dont think this one will have

I was only wishing for the AD option if there was one.

I was only wishing for the AD option if there was one.

It'll be interesting to see actually as aside from the blush (which was in the Bounce back to you collection, nice enough but nothing special) all those products are staples so maybe there will be an AD - there's no mention of EZpay on Jill's blog that I could see ;)

Either way, I cancelled my Becca advanced order as I read too many reviews saying nude was the wrong colour for them so I think I'm on this one - FYI, that mascara in the black tube is excellent, it really lasts and no panda eyes either which is a rarity!

kit contents

Complexion Perfection Soft Focus Foundation
The Perfect Prep Hydrating Primer
Bounce Back Blush in Natural Peony Peach
More is More Mascarak.
Graphite Evercolor Gel Waterproof Liner
Precious Gold Evercolor Shadow Stick

It'll be interesting to see actually as aside from the blush (which was in the Bounce back to you collection, nice enough but nothing special) all those products are staples so maybe there will be an AD - there's no mention of EZpay on Jill's blog that I could see ;)

Either way, I cancelled my Becca advanced order as I read too many reviews saying nude was the wrong colour for them so I think I'm on this one - FYI, that mascara in the black tube is excellent, it really lasts and no panda eyes either which is a rarity!
The mascara wand looks like the Doll10 one that I love.

Bounce Back Blush in Natural Peony Peach
I'll have to wait for the presentation, peach is not my blusher shade. Also a bit disappointed by the golden colour of the eye shadow, normally it doesn't suit me.

Latest posts

Back