Lulu's Time bomb? ha!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She does love her sound bites.

Now the bit I did laugh at was. She said I used and mixed aromatherpy oil for myself long before anyone used or knew about them. Lu must older than she looks as they used aromatherpy oils well over 100+ years.

Wow, no wonder she needs surgery (sorry her skincare!) if she is that old! I thought it was Joan Rivers when I switched on. As others have said it doesn't make me want to buy the product because she's not a good advertisement for it, not like LE and her team that she brings onto QVC. The consistency of that night cream looked the same as one I used to use from Avon years ago and that was quite cheap compared to her prices. x

This was on the web

So "Project Shout" ? the working title for her skincare line ? was born.
And Gail Federici reassembled the team who'd transformed John Frieda into a world-dominating haircare brand (before it was sold for more than $200 million to a Japanese beauty empire) to work on Lulu's anti-ageing line, with John Frieda himself as an investor.
How very civilised, being in business with your ex-husband (they divorced 12 years ago, and he now has two small children with Avery Agnelli, widow of Fiat heir Giovanni.)
"He's my greatest friend," smiles Lulu. "We speak all the time; he'll always be a part of my life. After all, I've known him for 31 years."
Meanwhile, back came the chemist genius Joe Cincotta, who'd created the formula for John Frieda bestsellers such as Sheer Blonde, Brilliant Brunette (and the late lamented Beach Blonde range, which he still makes to order for friends, in his lab).
But what does a haircare whiz know about skincare? "It's a formula," explains Joe, who then set about researching state-of-the-art ingredients, and responding to Lulu's "shopping list" for what she wanted in products to care for her fair, freckled, mature ("God, I hate that word!") complexion.
And oh, was Lulu "Little Miss Fussy": many, many samples were sent back before she was completely happy, which is one reason the process took three years.
But, she says now, "it was worth it". By the end, Lulu had a range which has done
so much for her skin.

Latest posts

Back