Lulu Guinness TSV Friday 20th November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am FARTing, am also FARTing over the Wanda too. Thought it was on 3 Easy Pays which would have been easier to justify, but it's only on 2. As much as I love it I am going to be good. For once in my life.

Yay. Well done Chrissi.:flower::flower:

I could have sworn in the TSV presentation Lulu said 12-14 year olds would love it!!! :shock: No way would I spend that amount on a bag for a teenager!!!!

Remarks like that just make me think that she's not in the real world! It makes me take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt, I don't mean that she would actually tell lies but just that she sees things rather differently from how I do.

Remarks like that just make me think that she's not in the real world! It makes me take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt, I don't mean that she would actually tell lies but just that she sees things rather differently from how I do.

and me BB. i wouldn't pay that for myself let alone a teenager who changes their mind every few weeks about what they like.

:flower:
Well I didn't order the TSV or any of Lulus bags last night as a lot of you said £200+ on PLASTIC???

I can go and get a leather bag for less than this or go to my favourite Irish designer and get an oil cloth bag pre-owned for £50 or one from their sale.

Whoever spends that on the Plastic bags Lulu does is upto them but for me I wouldn't pay it.

I couldn't believe it when Lulu said buy it for you teenagers, I am in my early twenties and although I am careful with my bags I don't think I could bring myself to use a bag that cost me most of my pay packet (or at the moment as I am unemployed due to the economy my SAVINGS!!!)

I think I will look for a bag I can use for the Party Season instead of this PLASTIC!!

I watched the handbag emporium hour and couldn't believe it when they had Kathy Van Zeeland bag on 4 easy pays, Kipling bags on 3 and 2 easy pays, yet the TSV isn't!!

So I am a Farter as well, if somebody could tell me what it stands for.
You've made an old f.a.r.ter very proud Tyson.:flower::up2:

Doesn't Designer Day just mean same tat at double the price? Sorry, I am a FARTer and have no sense of style, as well as being a Grumpy Old Woman! £350 for a handbag? £80 for a t-shirt?

Borednow, B. Makowsky coming up on the 14th December.
I'm eagerly waiting to see what's on offer but don't have spare cash as I used my last bit of savings for a Pazzles.

Doesn't Designer Day just mean same tat at double the price? Sorry, I am a FARTer and have no sense of style, as well as being a Grumpy Old Woman! £350 for a handbag? £80 for a t-shirt?

:wait2: Don't forget the ridiculously overpriced 'deigner' jewellery now..........! lol

Loved the intro advert - some tarty bint in a shiny shirt telling us she 'only desires the finest things in life'.........what, waving around a plastic handbag & flaunting a few semi-precious rings?
I can imagine a bit more than that when it comes to the 'finest', I can imagine all the way up to a diamond the size of a gobstopper & a price-of-a-Mercedes Hermes Birkin & beyond actually......! :grin:

What I always want to know is: how come Lulu Guinness handbags have all this dainty detailing and quirky design features - except when they are a QVC TSV when all of a sudden they are suddenly a big expanse of shiny plastic with Lulu Guinness badge stuck on it? :confused:

Who wants to pay that much money for a bag that squeaks everythime you touch it? And Catherine, please stop being such a suck-up. Have you no shame?

I loved Catherine's suggestion that "your kids could club together to buy you this"! Or "tell your friends and family that you have found a gift you really want, they could contribute towards it"!

For anyone who is a reluctant F.a.r.t.e.r on the basis of the high cost of LG bags on QVC - keep your eye on both the TK Maxx and Lulu Guinness website for bags at bargainous prices.

TK Maxx have her bags in from time to time at really good prices and LG has her own sales where things are reallly reduced. I got 2 leather bags in her sale last year at £65 less for both bags, than the QVC price for one.

oh no i really would like this designer plastic bag but i already have a new bag this month and mr fritos wont let me have another his motto is ''only one present to self a month' as he already spent £5 on a primark special for me. whats a girl to do? Boo Hoo

In an earlier post I said how I spent at the most £300 on one bag:headbang: it was only really in the last few months I finally understood just how much I was spending. I would buy a bag, have it for a day and the novelty wore off if you like and I wanted the next best thing.

It was only in October when things finally came to ahead when I arranged to pay a 10% deposit on a £250 bag and pay the rest in a months time that I realised how silly I was being. I was paying £25 for something I wasn't seeing as I was buying from a company down south and going off a picture they sent.

A few days later I made more sales on *bay and had more money (£40), I thought what can I buy for £60? So I cancelled the bag 3 days later after much regret at the time. I went to do some window shopping with my Mum whilst the car was being serviced and came across a little boutique.

In this boutique I bought a bag for £30, a scarf for £20 and a pair of cashmere socks for £10. The novelty of this trip still hasn't worn off.

I also had a little tipple in Waitrose where I bought a bottle of Cinnamon Cakes, it smells fab and was only 99p!!!!

For anyone who is a reluctant F.a.r.t.e.r on the basis of the high cost of LG bags on QVC - keep your eye on both the TK Maxx and Lulu Guinness website for bags at bargainous prices.

TK Maxx have her bags in from time to time at really good prices and LG has her own sales where things are reallly reduced. I got 2 leather bags in her sale last year at £65 less for both bags, than the QVC price for one.

I've seen her bags on Tk Maxx. TK Maxx have some Frank Usher evening bags on now for less than £30.

I might be naff but I got a bag with my Liz Earle set this week for free that looks nicer than some of these LG affairs! Black satin with loads of internal compartments. (My sister might be getting this for Xmas HAHA! only joking ;)

And I love TKMaxx. I just bought a bag there. Fair enough, it's only plastic, but it's gorgeously soft, looks great in antique brown, does everything I need it too and only cost me £20!!

And good old JF - she started the show saying that so many people stopped her in the airport to ask where she got this bag. I'm coming up in red spots now - I guess I'm allergic to bulls**t. Does she expect us to believe this twaddle or is it just to show off that she had a holiday, or that she has a LG bag? I doubt anyone would notice a bag like that in your average airport. I certainly wouldn't know most of these if I saw them in the wild.

I've seen her bags on Tk Maxx. TK Maxx have some Frank Usher evening bags on now for less than £30.

I got a lovely Frank Usher bag in TKMaxx yesterday for just £14.99!

In all honesty, to pay £200 for a handbag, it would have to be a really high quality, leather handbag to justify that price tag imo!

Do you have the item of the Liz Earle bag? My Mam uses Liz Earle and I've seen the bags on *bay the other week for £5.

I remember years ago when Liz used to do the TSV's and they came with the bags, they were so well made.

I see that none of the colours have sold out yet, or even gone limited.. I was watching the 1am show a bit this morning & they also showed a few KVZ bags.. I have to say, the KVZ bags looked SO tacky in comparison to Lulu's bags.. I know they are different styles, but at least Lulu's bags always look stylish, but at a price.. I think KVZ tries too hard to be 'trendy' & very often, fails terribly :cheeky:

I second the TK Maxx comment - I got the Pleated Star Stella bag in TK Maxx a couple of months back. £220 or more from Lulu, I got it from TK Maxx for the sum of £19.99 and got the extra tax back on it too, so it was actually even cheaper! What was even better was the fact it came boxed with it's dustbag too! To this day I think someone in that branch of TK Maximus priced it wrong. Oh well, their mistake, my gain!

Latest posts

Back