Lulu Guinness TSV 03/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG! I love this bag. It looks so pretty. No way I'm going to be able to afford it though :(

Ian won't know the price until it's loaded on the website, but it's great to have some thinking time ahead of the launch on air. If it's the dusty blus it is a beautiful colour, although the photos look more of a lavender tone (on my screen) than the dusty blue. The shape looks like a Franka (one of my fav LG bag shapes) but without the outer pocket sections. I've almost completely converted to carrying a handbag (and occasionally a cross-body); carrying a bag on my shoulder instantly reminds me how it throws out the alignment of my spine.

I know there'll be posts saying the price is ridiculous, but if they bring joy to the purchaser then where's the harm; I don't drink, smoke or own a pedigree pet but carrying a smart bag and driving a cute car cheer me up no end!

Back to the TSV; I'd remove the plastic lipstick and put it in the Kipling monkey graveyard drawer; it looks naff on a sleek patent bag!

With the red lips lining it suggest to me it's a made for QVC special. It looks like a variation on the Paula. LG's own website has a small £350 and large version £395, I'm wondering if this is a special Medium version for QVC. I looked at a Purple grained leather small Paula in House of Fraser and it looked very nice.

Like Akimbo, I'd lose the keying too! Really not into dangly bits hanging off a bag (especially naff (imo) fluffy monkeys)

It looks lovely apart from the name plate on the front IMO.
To me it looks like the name might wear off pretty quickly and the stitching looked a bit 'dodgy' IYKWIM? It should be stitched all the way round if you ask me.

My reasons for not buying guinness bags are 1. Extortionate prices ..2. Too heavy for me personally 3. I like to carry hand creams etc and if they leak in a 300 quid plus bag ...then it's ruined......and i wince at how Lu Lu is laughing all the way to
The bank ...for me personally they are a rip off ...just my opinion

It always opens up the same debate whenever an LG tsv is posted. Those that would buy and those that wouldn`t. Those who say well I don`t buy weed, I don`t pay for a toyboy every Friday night and I don`t eat oysters everyday for breakfast so I do deserve a 300 quid plus bag and then you get those who say well i could buy the cat a luxury penthouse or I could pay to have my ironing done for a couple of months or I could buy ten zillion tins of Aldi baked beans instead of wasting 300 quid on just a bag. It happens every time doesn`t it lol ? There`s no right and no wrong views IMO and they often make interesting reading lol

It always opens up the same debate whenever an LG tsv is posted. Those that would buy and those that wouldn`t. Those who say well I don`t buy weed, I don`t pay for a toyboy every Friday night and I don`t eat oysters everyday for breakfast so I do deserve a 300 quid plus bag and then you get those who say well i could buy the cat a luxury penthouse or I could pay to have my ironing done for a couple of months or I could buy ten zillion tins of Aldi baked beans instead of wasting 300 quid on just a bag. It happens every time doesn`t it lol ? There`s no right and no wrong views IMO and they often make interesting reading lol

Yes Vienna, the same 3 products always produce the "love v overpriced tat " opinions - LG, Bibi and YK. I like them all and the only reason I haven't succumbed to LG is because I don't do arm bags and any others are too small. But never say never!

What each of us considers worth spending money on is subjective. Mind you some of your suggestions look appealing (apart from be beans)

We can always take the LaTarrents view that everything can be broken down to cost per day of a coffee shop purchase!

Yes Vienna, the same 3 products always produce the "love v overpriced tat " opinions - LG, Bibi and YK. I like them all and the only reason I haven't succumbed to LG is because I don't do arm bags and any others are too small. But never say never!

What each of us considers worth spending money on is subjective. Mind you some of your suggestions look appealing (apart from be beans)

We can always take the LaTarrents view that everything can be broken down to cost per day of a coffee shop purchase!

I like this bag except the zip pull but it's a bit dressy for me and I expect too expensive. The debate you mention always starts on the FB page too. Of course everybody is entitled to their opinion but the people who say something's ridiculously priced so QVC shouldn't sell it do annoy me. What's wrong with saying they wouldn't buy it without demanding that QVC don't allow anyone else to buy it?

LG is one of the few who will put those originally "made for QVC" bags into her main collection. The Franka was originally made just for QVC and then made it on to her own website and shops. The perforated Wanda was another.

Love this bag. Doubt I'll buy though as I genuinely don't need another bag. Well not in the next couple of weeks.

I don't like the bag and wouldn't personally spend that much money on a bag tbh however its personal taste and someone who would use the bag every day would certainly get there moneys worth out of it, theres a lot worse things that people could be spending there money so each to there own,

The other day I had to go to customer services in a supermarket while waiting I was shocked to see how much a price of cigarettes are now days, I cant believe people spend that much daily, certainly made me think as im not a smoker, I shouldn't feel bad buying beauty products, Yankee candles etc, at least they aren't damaging my health or others.

There is an article in Woman & Home about Lu designing a T shirt for the Pink Ribbon walk. However it is not for sale - only available to those taking part in specific walks. Pity, as I would have been prepared to pay a decent price if on sale.

No doubt they'll end up on ebay!

I've just ordered another of the Royal Marsden Lulu Guinness tote bags, surprisingly they're still available http://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/about/charities/friends/chelsea/pages/lulu-guinness-bag.aspx

I just took the gamble and paid thru paypal, thinking the charity would at least get the money even if the bag never materilaised, but it came in less than a week. It's only a fairly basic bag (probably on a par with the Sainsbury LG tote bags if anyone is interested.

This looks like the Paula, only wider.

http://www.luluguinness.com/black-patent-large-paula

It's a Franka with no side pockets. Why would you do that?! I loved the Franka.

No more LG for me. I recently bought a small OrYany shoulder bag and am converted to cheaper handbags! As much as I love LG bags, and adore the shiny patent, I don't get the wear out of them anymore. The lipstick zip pull is very tacky, bring back the hand mirror zip pulls!

Latest posts

Back