Lulu Guinness TSV 03/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm in the shock! horror!! at the price of these bags league. They can't cost that much to make so Lulu's profits must be huge, but good luck to her if that's what she can achieve by selling a lifestyle. I actually quite like the bag and really like the lipstick thingy - am I the only one on this forum who does? It's too heavy for my needs now, but if I was working and needed to look stylish and had the money, maybe, though the prices would still probably put me off buying. My old Kipling Europa bought off ebay does me just fine these days - that and the other Kipling bags I own or have owned, that is. (I don't use the monkeys, btw - don't get that part of Kipling at all).

Hi,

my favourite LG bag was the Ruthie style.

I have 3 of it, in different colours.

However, last year, my husband (of 30 years), left me for a much younger woman called.... Ruth.

I know it shouldn't affect me, but I havent used one of them since :(

Cheers,
karen

I have an LG bag which I bought many years ago long before she arrived on Q and when she was first making her name. I`ve never seen another bag the same, its tweed and has leather handles and trim and the front of it is hand embroidered.
Then Lulu went into mass production, she also took aboard US funding and partnership and then she started outsourcing a lot of her stuff to China and now many of her items aren`t actually designed by her at all but by her design team, she just puts her name to them.
Would I pay £300 for a bag ? Yes I would if I could afford it at the time.
Would I pay £300 for an QVC Lulu bag ? No I wouldn`t because they make hundreds if not thousands, many of her designs now look cheap not quirky, many of her signature touches are now so dated ie lips, lipsticks, patent etc etc and to be honest half the time I don`t even think she`s even familiar with the bags herself because she has so little input these days. There was an article in the Telegraph a while ago where her American partner was discussing mass production in China etc, LG for the masses as it were and her now large design team which she has no part of and who design all the mass produced items.
BUT as I said in my earlier post, there are them that do buy and them that don`t buy and each to their own. I love bags and every woman has the right to covet whichever bag she chooses. If I had 300 quid to spare and wanted a truly hand made bag, made here in the UK and in whichever colourway I wanted it then I`d spend the money with Jane Hopkinson but I hope all those ladies who love the tsv get years of pleasure from it.

Hi,

However, last year, my husband (of 30 years), left me for a much younger woman called.... Ruth.

Cheers,
karen

Hi Karen, I rember your posts in the drop and often wondered how you were getting on. If you really aren't going to use them sell them and use the money to do something which has the effect of giving a rude gesture to them!

I have not bought a LG bag but was tempted by one once, it was black patent with red poppies which I thought very pretty. I do like nice handbags, especially Kate Spade and Dooney & Bourke and have spent / wasted (depending on one's personal opinion) a lot of money. But, they make me happy!

My question is, are the "made for QVC" bags as good quality as her own collection in her shops?

Inge x

Lulu Guinness Shiny Patent Leather Medium Paula Bag
Item Number: 114400
QVC Price £350.00
Today's Special Value Price £288.96
P&P £6.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-...t.114400.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-114400

Lulu Guinness patent leather medium Paula bag. In a brand new shape only launched this season, this high-gloss shoulder bag features two fixed straps, a secure zip fastening, a lipstick zip pull and the signature lip print lining that's only available at QVC. An ideal size for every day, this gorgeous Lulu Guinness Paula bag evokes a vintage feel that lends a timeless look to any outfit.

A new design from a style icon - a remake of a style Lulu designed early in her career, the Paula bag comes in a brand new shape that was launched this season. The design also features unique finishing touches that are only available on QVC: a red and gold lipstick zip pull and the signature black lining with red lip print.

Gold-tone metal hardwear details
Zip and phone pockets inside
Patent leather branded plaque on the front
Metal branded plaque inside
Strap drop: 22cm (8.7")
Measures (w x h x d): 32cm x 23cm x 15cm (12" x 9.1" x 5.9")

Colour options:

Black
Stone
Raspberry Pink
Dusty Blue

Behind the brand
Lulu Guinness, OBE, is one of the leading ladies of British fashion, and has been internationally recognised for her innovation and style since launching her company in 1989. Her iconic designs and must-have accessories are made from the finest materials and are collected by fashion lovers worldwide.

All measurements are approximate

Thanks Ian, I have bags in all 4 colours already so can't (currently) justify more handbag spending. I don't have a red patent so it's probably a good job there isn't a red.

Nice shape though.

Lol

About a week(?) ago, there was a Jill Franks hour, with the lady who presents LG when Lulu isn't around.

This Paula bag appeared, in a lovely selection of colours, at over £300. I immediately went on high alert, because it thought it was so lovely.

About 30 seconds later, they changed item, and didn't mention this Paula in any of the updates. It irritated me because I had been so interested and might actually buy... In the right colour... I'm sure there were more than 4 colours on the table...

Anyway, now I know why it was whipped off air so quickly! It shouldn't have been shown at all!

Brilliant, I will now get that proper demo!!!

Hi,

:mysmilie_12:

Cheers,
karen

What a pair of rats, i would sell the bags and buy yourself something lovely :mysmilie_12::mysmilie_12:

Hi,

Cheers,
karen

Once a cheat always a cheat , Thank your lucky stars he's gone , and like the others have said sell them and treat yourself x

The TSV looks shallower, more like the Franka. I like it but will resist and wait for the LG sale.

Now, had they brought the TSV in the chartreuse colour I'd have been very tempted.

Does anyone think that this might be a OTO later? http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-...tml?sc=AZMHS&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-77-_-100099 It's a former TSV currently only available in Dusty Blue, Indigo and Red and is currently showing at £224.97 down from £317.12.

I wasn't drawn to it as a TSV; the quilted lips look better to me in the patent leather. Did anyone buy it as a TSV? I do love the Wanda shape though; probably just as well it isn't a patent chartreuse bag :blush: my credit card gives a huge sigh of relief :sweat::whew:

Does anyone think that this might be a OTO later? http://www.qvcuk.com/Lulu-Guinness-...tml?sc=AZMHS&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-77-_-100099 It's a former TSV currently only available in Dusty Blue, Indigo and Red and is currently showing at £224.97 down from £317.12.

I wasn't drawn to it as a TSV; the quilted lips look better to me in the patent leather. Did anyone buy it as a TSV? I do love the Wanda shape though; probably just as well it isn't a patent chartreuse bag :blush: my credit card gives a huge sigh of relief :sweat::whew:

yes i ordered the TSV in black, was tempted with the dusty blue, but black is more practical for me.

Latest posts

Back