Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV Saturday the 21st April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also too the bags that are on now, saw one in red at Birchwood think it was around the ?£100 mark.

IMHO a fool and his money are soon parted. But where I think the bags are worth paying a bit of a premium for is for an iconic design, a new style ir concept that inspires others to follow. That's why I got the Paddington, the Mulberry and that's why one day if I win millions on the lottery I want a Hermes...

I'm with you on the Hermes...that's definitely a lottery win.....I think I'd pass out paying for that much bag!!!!!

I don't think someone's a fool if they buy a designer bag. Life is about doing what makes you happy and if a bag makes you happy and you can afford it...go for it...there's much worse things you could be doing!!!!! As I said you can normally recoup the price you paid with a lot of designer bags. I would never sell mine but often watching some on eBay and by the time the designer has added prices hikes each year, you get back close to your original price.

The first part was a quote from another poster but didn't come out the normal way.....

If Bags was to win millions my first purchase most certainly would be a lovely villa at Vale do Lobo or Quinta do Largo.
I'd be off bag less and shoe less, but then I guess I'm not a normal woman.:cheeky:

Each to their own ..If I could afford designer `anything` I don`t know if I would buy it, I would only know that if I came into money but I don`t have a problem with anyone spending their hard earned money on what they like. My limit is Kipling usually on EP, I like them because they are light to carry and was so glad I was using one when a water bottle leaked ( it was frozen when we bought it the weather was really hot and was sat on top of a tour bus ..It saved me from being very embarrassed ....everything in my bag was soaked including my passport!! ) Not everyone likes them but they are fit for purpose in my book for everyday use.....I do have leather bags (not designer) that fit the bill better for when I have to get `dressed up`

IMHO a fool and his money are soon parted. But where I think the bags are worth paying a bit of a premium for is for an iconic design, a new style ir concept that inspires others to follow. That's why I got the Paddington, the Mulberry and that's why one day if I win millions on the lottery I want a Hermes...

I'm with you on the Hermes...that's definitely a lottery win.....I think I'd pass out paying for that much bag!!!!!

I don't think someone's a fool if they buy a designer bag. Life is about doing what makes you happy and if a bag makes you happy and you can afford it...go for it...there's much worse things you could be doing!!!!! As I said you can normally recoup the price you paid with a lot of designer bags. I would never sell mine but often watching some on eBay and by the time the designer has added prices hikes each year, you get back close to your original price.

That was my post Misskat..hi!

Just to clarify as a purchaser of designer bags in the past I wouldn't want to call myself a fool!!!! But in saying " a fool and his money are soon parted" I was speaking of those who buy just for the name. There is nothing wrong with buying for other reasons such as quality, design etc

Each to their own ..If I could afford designer `anything` I don`t know if I would buy it, I would only know that if I came into money but I don`t have a problem with anyone spending their hard earned money on what they like. My limit is Kipling usually on EP, I like them because they are light to carry and was so glad I was using one when a water bottle leaked ( it was frozen when we bought it the weather was really hot and was sat on top of a tour bus ..It saved me from being very embarrassed ....everything in my bag was soaked including my passport!! ) Not everyone likes them but they are fit for purpose in my book for everyday use.....I do have leather bags (not designer) that fit the bill better for when I have to get `dressed up`

That was my post Misskat..hi!

Just to clarify as a purchaser of designer bags in the past I wouldn't want to call myself a fool!!!! But in saying " a fool and his money are soon parted" I was speaking of those who buy just for the name. There is nothing wrong with buying for other reasons such as quality, design etc

Hi Ms Weathergirl......you were a Chloe girl?... You must have had an arm of muscles after carrying that around! I used to visit Brown Thomas lots (when you could fly to Dublin & back in a day). Beautiful store & yummy restaurant upstairs!

I don't have any LG bags (I don't have any designer bags!) but I enjoy watching the shows and although I probably wouldn't ever spend that amount on a bag I completely understand why some people choose to. Why does anybody spend money on anything? Because they like and appreciate it and are happy to do so. I wouldn't spend loads of money on jewellery but again I understand why people do. I choose to spend my money on skincare and some people would think I was bonkers for shelling out so much but it's my money and it's up to me what I choose to do with it.
Back to LG! I like her ~ she's sweet and amusing and obviously loves her work and I don't think she's at all 'stuck up'. Good for her for bringing her lovely bags to qvc!

Great post PP, I don't get high price skincare, designer bags, shoes etc. Now with regard to jewellery..:mysmilie_845:

As you say, how we choose to spend our hard earned cash….

I was recently astonished at how people could pay the sort of money Bibi Bijoux was asking. I, and a few others, pointed out that you could get just as good on the high street. This is where LG differs, you cannot get anywhere near as good quality on the high street! Like some others, I enjoy my designer bags. Chloe are too heavy, I agree, and all mine have ended up on ebay! I have one Mulberry left and my many LG. I don't think I will be buying anymore full price LG as it's disheartening when you see them in the sale. I do buy bags on the high street, but as they are usually 'fashion' rather than classics I use for a couple of months then end up sticking them on ebay. I work hard and spend my money on clothes, shoes, bags and skincare. One day I may not be in a position to do this. One day, I could wake up dead :tongue: life is for living, make it a happy one I say!

Lol - im thinking Debbie G isnt a Lulu G girl! One of the most uncomfortable presenter/guest combos i have seen in a long time!!

I say buy what you want and what you like for whatever reason.
Your money,your business and you should never feel the need to justify anything to anybody!

I don't have a big collection of handbags and the last ones I bought were small Kipling because I couldn't manage a bigger bag when I was on crutches after breaking my foot. They served a purpose, I managed to get my essentials in and I grew to like them. I still use them now and as I am retired, I don't have the need really for larger bags.

Looking at LG's bags, some are quite nice and some are not so nice, in my opinion. I am not really tempted to buy any but if I did, I would be a bit narked if the price was reduced dramatically afterwards. Unfortunately, that can happen with lots of things we buy and is one of the things we factor into the decision to buy, if we really do want to own something, either as 'one offs' or as part of a collection.

Now my current want is not a handbag, it's a Kelly Hoppen lamp I've seen on QVC - I lust after that lamp, I really do. It's expensive - £375 - and I don't need it, I WANT it. If I needed a lamp, I could go to Argos and buy a cheapie but I want that lamp. So, I can perfctly understand others who are prepared to spend a tidy sum on something they want.

I'm busy trying to save up for my lamp........

ps, if you are reading this QVC, I would be grateful if you would put it on easy pay.:sun:

Last edited:
Why is her stuff so expensive? I would never dream of paying the TSV price for a bag.

Loved the woman who phoned in owning 4 and being temped by the £420+ one.

Its your money you can spend it on whatever you like.

I have seen many of the bags in real life and they just never grabbed me.

Lol - im thinking Debbie G isnt a Lulu G girl! One of the most uncomfortable presenter/guest combos i have seen in a long time!!

I say buy what you want and what you like for whatever reason.
Your money,your business and you should never feel the need to justify anything to anybody!

As far as I understand from Debbie she has at least the LG Pollyanna, don't know if it's a large or small or if that is only one she has.

Getting a bit philosophical this thread.....but in a good way. :nod: I've viewed a couple of the Lulu shows and as folks have said, there are good points and not so good points. The price I personally couldn't justify even on easy pays, but can see the attraction of some of the designs for devotees of this brand. There are no unnecessary bits dangling off the bags ie. weighty metal work etc and the shapes are pleasing to the eye and very tidy looking. Though I'm not too sure about carrying round a handbag covered in Lulu's lips!

:mysmilie_12:.........hmmmmmm!

I was watching Debbie G and Lulu and they seemed fine to me - not that I was paying that much attention. Debbie said she owns one of the bags, so I assume she likes the range. I quite like Lulu - refreshing change from all those awful american guests that look like Stepford Wives. :hi:

I admit I'm not a handbag person but even if I was I couldn't see myself paying a small fortune for LG's twee little bags with playschool motifs or the tedious lips design which has been done to death in various forms by her, B&W et al. However, each to their own. :thinking:

I have one I got in the LG sale and the quality is superb. I have been asked loads what it is and where I got it. And I have used it every day since I got it in January - I havent even looked at my other bags since. I also have Ted Baker bags with cost £150. Loads of Tignellos and Osprey bags £80-£100. But none of them compare to the quality of the LG. I do not buy them because of the name but because of the quality - every time you open them and see the lovely zips and lining etc.

I have one of the patent ones and have used it every day since January for work and going out and there is hardly are mark on it so I don't think the fact that they showed a beaten up one was a good advert.

Also around £300 is actually not expensive for a handbag. Have you been out 'proper' handbag shopping lately. Designer bags are normally £1000+ in fact I have a friend who has a tiny Luis Vuitton bag which cost her £1800!!!!

I would love a Mulberry bag but would draw the line at spending best part of £1000 on one. But it would be the first thing I would buy if I won the lottery.

Again I don't smoke, I don't drink so buying nice handbags is what I like to spend my money on. I work hard to earn it so will chose to spend it on what I like.

Whatever anyone thinks about people spending thier money on Lulu Guiness bags I am loving her bossing the presenters around telling them which bag they can have and how to wear it

Latest posts

Back