Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV Saturday the 21st April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have about four large Marks carrier bags I carry downstairs with the washing in, prevents our lab running off with our smalls.
:tongue::cheeky:

Hey Saturday morning three packed on the landing ready to run the gauntlet of down the stairs in the kitchen and into the machine.
Before he manages to snuffle his head in a bag breaking a handle off, to grab one of hubby's socks.

:wait:

:movie:

He's snoring I'm off ......... :mysmilie_844:

:mysmilie_48:

She's definately on a different planet....her prices are definately obscene...but I equate it all to a dieters mentality.(...you know you shouldn't have it .but you've just got to have it)..ie probably can't afford the bag ....but you've just got to have it because qvc say how wonderful they are and such a brilliant price...........its easy to convince yourself when you love something so much to have it and get yourself up to your eyeballs in debt because somebody like lu lu Guinness (who was probably rich before she started) wont reduce her prices...what about a loyalty card or something? ..but why would she because she knows that youll buy them...if you like them fair enough but don't you feel for a minute that you've been had?:star:

She was married into the Guinness family(the famous black drink), but now divorced.

100850 Black Patent Travel Pass £30 .. watch the video on the launch show.....the `designer` didn`t know how the ring attachment worked !!!

She's definately on a different planet....her prices are definately obscene...but I equate it all to a dieters mentality.(...you know you shouldn't have it .but you've just got to have it)..ie probably can't afford the bag ....but you've just got to have it because qvc say how wonderful they are and such a brilliant price...........its easy to convince yourself when you love something so much to have it and get yourself up to your eyeballs in debt because somebody like lu lu Guinness (who was probably rich before she started) wont reduce her prices...what about a loyalty card or something? ..but why would she because she knows that youll buy them...if you like them fair enough but don't you feel for a minute that you've been had?:star:

My one LG bag was a present for my silver wedding anniversary last year. I am not a jewellery lover, but no one would condemn me for getting an expensive piece for such a special occasion, but get an expensive bag and 'you've been had!'
QVC has NEVER brainwashed me into buying some very expensive item because they say it is wonderful. Obviously there are people who get carried away and maybe are gullible, but most of us are not idiots - thanks very much,.

I have to say that if someone finds themselves up to their eyeballs in debt because they bought a Lulu Guinness bag or 6 from QVC then it's not Lulu Guinness' fault, regardless of the cost of the bag or how much money is made on the bag.

QVC make is easy to get into debt with easy-pay and whilst the presenters and guests may "encourage" people to buy the ultimate decision rests firmly on our own shoulders.

These bags are expensive. There's no two ways about it. They're not the most expensive handbags out there nor the cheapest. But if I'm in hock because I've blown all my money and more on QVC handbags and other guff then that is my own silly fault.

No I don't, I like good quality leather bags I don't get into debt to buy them and I have bags that I have used for years that still look good because the leather is good quality. I think that Kipling nylon offerings are a rip off and that the prices they charge are obscene for a fabric bag but I respect that some people feel that they represent good value.
Horses for courses as they say we can't all believe the same thing just because something is cheap doesn't make it good value and just because something is expensive doesn't make it a rip off. That apples to everything we choose to spend our money on be it bags, skin care, make up etc. if the person making that choice feels it represents good value to them then it does and it's not for me or anyone else to tell them it is a rip off.

Well I'm not a person to call people idiots ...I'm actually really nice person as far as many people think .....but well I've ruffled a few feathers ....about .....bags.....some people in life are clearly spoilt and kick off when truth hurts ........all along I have said ...in my humble opinion ....IMHO mostl of the time ...not sure if I missed it in the last post

During the midnight hour they showed the Franka bag and the black patent one was in a right state, the middle of the bag was scraped, scratched and it looked like it had a huge dent too, dreadful state to show a bag in, shows the quality of her "hard wearing patent" is not very hard wearing!!!

I don't have any LG bags (I don't have any designer bags!) but I enjoy watching the shows and although I probably wouldn't ever spend that amount on a bag I completely understand why some people choose to. Why does anybody spend money on anything? Because they like and appreciate it and are happy to do so. I wouldn't spend loads of money on jewellery but again I understand why people do. I choose to spend my money on skincare and some people would think I was bonkers for shelling out so much but it's my money and it's up to me what I choose to do with it.
Back to LG! I like her ~ she's sweet and amusing and obviously loves her work and I don't think she's at all 'stuck up'. Good for her for bringing her lovely bags to qvc!

LG hour just starting and how long before they mention her honor off the queen......

I think it's an OBE but I'm sure the queen (and there you go they have already said it!) didn't give her it to use as a sales technique on flipping qvc!

It's like that biker...Chris hoy? He sells breakfast cereal and he has to get in the 'Sir' on the advert

I bet the Queen is currently watching QVC cuddled up with Phil fuming!!!!!!!!'

Also can I add....I've already posted but as I said I'd never pay the prices for LG as its not my thing...but not everyone who buys 'designer' bags is being ripped off or getting not depth. I am very lucky and have quite a few designer bags/luggage. I have them because I work hard & save. I don't smoke, waste money, go out on the town lots. Bags are just my thing and I don't feel ripped off as I have them & use them for years & years. They keep their value & to me make more sense then paying £30 on something and then just putting it in the wardrobe & forgetting them!

.........being ripped off or 'getting not depth'....

That was 'getting into debt'.......

I must learn to reread my posts before pressing return. This flipping 'iPad' spell check!!!

I've had all kinds of bags over the years including carrier bags, those jelly bags as a kid, but my first high end bag was a Louis Vuitton backpack I got in Brown Thomas in Dublin. I liked it but most people assumed it was fake so I sold it on ebay when I stopped using it. Also had several Chloes, again which I sold apart from one, because they were too heavy by far, and although very well made, I could not in all honesty say they were any better quality than the Tignanello's I have now. The leather is thick and soft in both, but the great thing about Tig's is that not many people know what they are or where I got it, and I love that. I also have a mulberry which I like, but it really is nothing that special. I have a couple of Kiplings, which people do recognise, they are light, strong, very well made and are unbeaten when you want functionality and organisation. A bag does not have to be made of leather to be either nice or good quality. It is each to their own when it comes down to choice and taste. Whilst I personally agree with May that the price of the high end bags is not justified by quality (and having owned them and used them I speak from experience) Mulberry have bags made in the same factories in Turkey that make bags for high street stores. However I don't think it is simply the quality that you are paying for. There is a huge mark up for the name alone, and that is a real waste if money, IMHO a fool and his money are soon parted. But where I think the bags are worth paying a bit of a premium for is for an iconic design, a new style ir concept that inspires others to follow. That's why I got the Paddington, the Mulberry and that's why one day if I win millions on the lottery I want a Hermes....

I don't have any LG bags (I don't have any designer bags!) but I enjoy watching the shows and although I probably wouldn't ever spend that amount on a bag I completely understand why some people choose to. Why does anybody spend money on anything? Because they like and appreciate it and are happy to do so. I wouldn't spend loads of money on jewellery but again I understand why people do. I choose to spend my money on skincare and some people would think I was bonkers for shelling out so much but it's my money and it's up to me what I choose to do with it.
Back to LG! I like her ~ she's sweet and amusing and obviously loves her work and I don't think she's at all 'stuck up'. Good for her for bringing her lovely bags to qvc!

Couldn't agree more PP! :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I was interested to hear from my husband that he had read somewhere in the financial press that LG sold the company a while ago and is now only the creative director and minority share holder. I did wonder if that coincided with her starting to appear on qvc as it seems at odds with preserving the cachet of the brand and not something I could imagine LG wanting to do but could have been that her new bosses were keen to cash in as much as possible by selling to a bigger clientele via qvc

Yes the bags with the cut out details, that are on now are what I saw on offer at Birchwood ?around £150.

Latest posts

Back