Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV Saturday the 21st April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi,

it really is each to his own.

I bought a Kipling bag (the BCC one) because everyone here raved about them.

"What a load of cheap tat" I thought. Sorry, but I really didn't like it. But if you like them thats fine, I don't think it says anything about you as a person.

Cheers,
karen

I have one I got in the LG sale and the quality is superb. I have been asked loads what it is and where I got it. And I have used it every day since I got it in January - I havent even looked at my other bags since. I also have Ted Baker bags with cost £150. Loads of Tignellos and Osprey bags £80-£100. But none of them compare to the quality of the LG. I do not buy them because of the name but because of the quality - every time you open them and see the lovely zips and lining etc.

I have one of the patent ones and have used it every day since January for work and going out and there is hardly are mark on it so I don't think the fact that they showed a beaten up one was a good advert.

Also around £300 is actually not expensive for a handbag. Have you been out 'proper' handbag shopping lately. Designer bags are normally £1000+ in fact I have a friend who has a tiny Luis Vuitton bag which cost her £1800!!!!

I would love a Mulberry bag but would draw the line at spending best part of £1000 on one. But it would be the first thing I would buy if I won the lottery.

Again I don't smoke, I don't drink so buying nice handbags is what I like to spend my money on. I work hard to earn it so will chose to spend it on what I like.

This is exactly me - I bought my first LG bag in the sale in January. I had seen the bag on QVC for £490 and loved it but thought eek at the price. Then it was in the sale so I got it. I also have Osprey bags, and other bags around the £100+ price range and honestly they do not compare. I thought I would save my LG bag for special occasions but I haven't and it looks as good as the day it arrived. Whereas some of my osprey and Radley bags have started to look a bit worn after a few months (to be fair I do put them through hell). I also don't smoke (I just can't imagine how people afford it, but each to their own), have moved away from expensive skincare, I work my arse off and this is what I want to spend it on.

The thing I personally don't get with handbags is, regardless of price, why anyone would want to keep swapping all the goods we clutter our bags with from one to the other?

It's a bag for stuff, not sure that applies to the Box Brownie and Shop LG bags - I don't have a wild social life and don't often drive to wherever I'm going so, as long as it's big enough to take the pair of shoes I can only walk in once I've arrived, and it's a colour that goes with everything i.e. black - I'm happy. Don't usually buy a new one till it gives up being functional lol!

Thought I ought to make an effort after joining the forum so I do actually have two Kipling bags - both black, monkeys released back into the wild!

The thing I personally don't get with handbags is, regardless of price, why anyone would want to keep swapping all the goods we clutter our bags with from one to the other?

It's a bag for stuff, not sure that applies to the Box Brownie and Shop LG bags

I do admit to beimg a handbag junkie, and I do swop them fairly frequently it actually helps stop me hoarding all sorts of useless junk in my bag. Friends say that they can gauge my mood depending on which bag I am using, it also depends on what I am doing so if I am going to a meeting I will use a more "formal" bag if I am lecturing then it has to fit my iPad and files in if I am needing cheering up a bright one etc. I do have a couple of "comfort" bags that I always seem to use more and one small cross body that really only comes out for Graduation ( I can put it under the Gown so don't have to worry about leaving it anywhere). I don't consider the bags like the camera one etc that Lulu Guiness as bags more as something to look at and would never buy one.
I think we all need a bit of variety in our lives and some people may use make up to add that changing eye shadow colours etc or jewellery I always have the same boring old make up on and the same jewellery but change my bags, changing my eye shadow would probably be a lot cheaper but I do like my bags. I only ever get what I consider good quality and they are all stored in thier dust bags and I will eBay any that I just don't use anymore so my bags do last

Well I've just decided that I don't use my LG's enough. So, the cheap (in terms of material) canvas bag I ordered from Kipling as hand luggage is going back, and my extra large purple Jenny is coming out!! :cool: Just had a good think about this. £50 for a canvas bag you could buy similar to elsewhere, I would only use it once, and even then I'm not sure it's big enough for what I want...this is half a second hand LG!! I think I will put my £50 aside and get on the bay!! And I have a perfectly acceptable bag sitting in it's dust cover which I paid £300 for and don't use enough - sense rules the day, yay. So, I will be travelling in style this summer :D lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh 'eck!

After a bottle of wine and two Irish coffees, at 11.50pm last night, I ordered the TSV in Raspberry! Hope it doesn't meet the same fate as the first ever LG TSV I bought, which is sitting in it's dustbag, in a tidy box, under my bed, never used!

:cheeky:

i love handbags,shoes,makeup and lovely bath smellies and good perfume. always have since i had a saturday job at 14 to service my expensive tastes lol.good quality leather bags cost a fortune and if i cannot buy the best leather i buy the best kipling and just get the best price i can. i was in jaeger and the bags are really beautifull and in the sale are a steal. same with hobbs and lk bennett, bally etc and they dont cost tens of thousands of pounds either.
if you know what to look for and shop around you can get beautifull bags

This is exactly me - I bought my first LG bag in the sale in January. I had seen the bag on QVC for £490 and loved it but thought eek at the price. Then it was in the sale so I got it. I also have Osprey bags, and other bags around the £100+ price range and honestly they do not compare. I thought I would save my LG bag for special occasions but I haven't and it looks as good as the day it arrived. Whereas some of my osprey and Radley bags have started to look a bit worn after a few months (to be fair I do put them through hell). I also don't smoke (I just can't imagine how people afford it, but each to their own), have moved away from expensive skincare, I work my arse off and this is what I want to spend it on.
Was that the winter floral print wanda that QVC were still selling at £490 yesterday? It's £248 on another website! I think QVC had a cheek not reducing it.

Was that the winter floral print wanda that QVC were still selling at £490 yesterday? It's £248 on another website! I think QVC had a cheek not reducing it.

This one http://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/shop/c/991//
I really do like the print but don't do handle over the arm bags due to surgery.
I think they did do this print in a small across the body bag, but I think it was a chain strap which I wouldn't want either.

This one http://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/shop/c/991//
I really do like the print but don't do handle over the arm bags due to surgery.
I think they did do this print in a small across the body bag, but I think it was a chain strap which I wouldn't want either.
That's the website I saw, I'm a bit rubbish and struggle doing links on my iPad! I also saw a link for it at about £200 somewhere else but the link didn't work so I think it had sold out. I do remember somebody here got it as a bargain in the sale but I cannot remember who. If I was LG I would feel really uncomfortable going on QVC selling it at full price but knowing it had been massively reduced elsewhere (including her own site) but I suppose it's out of her hands.

That's the website I saw, I'm a bit rubbish and struggle doing links on my iPad! I also saw a link for it at about £200 somewhere else but the link didn't work so I think it had sold out. I do remember somebody here got it as a bargain in the sale but I cannot remember who. If I was LG I would feel really uncomfortable going on QVC selling it at full price but knowing it had been massively reduced elsewhere (including her own site) but I suppose it's out of her hands.

I know what you mean but sometimes I wonder if she does focus being able to purchase on the easy pay.
Maybe in Lulu's eyes, if the price is split up with no credit charge then the buyer should pay the full price.

I normally change my bag about once a week depending on what I am wearing so it matches. But since I got the LG one I don't want to as I love it so much.

I have a 'Tintamar' handbag liner which keeps all the bits together in my bag and I just swap this from one bag to another in a couple of seconds. I love it and again this is a purchase well worth it. Also you don't need to make sure you buy a bag with lots of pockets as you have them all in this, and everything is always in the same place regardless of which bag you are using that day.

I change my handbag two or three times a week. I do have one of those handbag organiser things but I've become so speedy at it that it takes me just a minute or two. And I've even been known to change my handbag twice in one day.

As a result my handbag is always clutter free. Well I think it is.

It was! I loved it, I got it for £120! Have used it almost everyday, even though I didn't think I would. The fact that QVC still have it at full whack reminds me to always, always price check them!

Has anyone received their Lulu TSV from Saturday yet? I'm still waiting for mine but I note that people are now reviewing them on QVC so I'm getting impatient!

Would love to know what people think :nod:

Latest posts

Back