Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV Saturday the 21st April

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My husband will be at work Saturday, but he'll notice a QV purchase on the credit card bill.:doh:

:happy:

So will mine, but hopefully I will have thought of something by then.............

I think I must have faulty chromosomes or something, because I just don't 'get' the handbag thing!!

I can honestly say that I never notice women's handbags (unless, perhaps, they are huge with purple giraffes on or something :sun:)

I use one bag all the time and use it till it gets tatty (it's usually plain black leather). I do have a couple of cheapie clutch bags for weddings etc.

I sometimes see a bag I really like, but very rarely buy, as I know I just can't be bothered to swap them around!

Hi,

I have Gucci, Fendi, Mulberry and Luis Vuitton bags, all bought in the sales.

Gucci used to do an ace sale - everything in the shop was half price! I remember having to queue for 2 hours just to get into the shop!

Never bought a Chanel bag tho - even half price they are just more than I can bring myself to pay.

Cheers,
karen

Hi,

I have Gucci, Fendi, Mulberry and Luis Vuitton bags, all bought in the sales.

Gucci used to do an ace sale - everything in the shop was half price! I remember having to queue for 2 hours just to get into the shop!

Never bought a Chanel bag tho - even half price they are just more than I can bring myself to pay.

Cheers,
karen

I have about four large Marks carrier bags I carry downstairs with the washing in, prevents our lab running off with our smalls.
:tongue::cheeky:

Tinkerbelle, my favourite bag is my Tig French Tote too, also an ebay bargain. It is lovely quality, and proved to me that high end bags really aren't worth the money.

Tinkerbelle, my favourite bag is my Tig French Tote too, also an ebay bargain. It is lovely quality, and proved to me that high end bags really aren't worth the money.

Which colour do you have? I've got a mustard yellow, grape, pumpkin and bronze. I really love the white.

Tempted by this, especially if it has a cross body strap. Trouble is I already have a black quilted lips Jenny, and a cream one. Am not really a pink person, I am coveting a red version.. I may have to go for raspberry, returning my Kipling bags with no hesitation!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

its on 2 easy pays.

Not keen on the colours tho. Shame there wasnt something a little more adventurous.

Cheers,
Karen

Same here re.the colours, and it looked awful cross-body. I think my money is safe...although, saying that, the mink looked quite nice and this is the closest Lulu will ever get to brown....Nope, I don't want,I don't need, must not buy :whew:

Which colour do you have? I've got a mustard yellow, grape, pumpkin and bronze. I really love the white.

I think it is a burnt orange shade, but the lady that sold it called it tan. Great quality, I really do reccommend the Tig brand, French Tote in particular.

I find Lulu to have an inflated idea of her own self importence and sells over priced tat. She babbles on in the clip about she is glad she got acknowledged for her contribution to fashion, OMG get over yourself! Am I alone?

No,you are not alone.

Looking at the TSV, were I tempted to buy it ( luckily I'm not) I would force myself to be honest, and ask myself whether, after the initial rush of excitement when the bag arrives, and oohing and aahing about the smell of the soft, squishy leather, after putting all my stuff in it and using it once or twice, would it very quickly end up at the back of my cupboard, along with all the other unloved bags, forgotten about? Remember to be brutally honest. If the answer is no, because you don't have many bags and your current one is falling to bits, then buy it and enjoy using it. If the answer is yes, because there are at least twenty unused bags in your cupboard already, then maybe there are better things you could do with 250 quid. I can forgive myself the occasional spend of £25 for a Tignanello off ebay, or even £50 for a Kipling Defea (not off QVC in case you are thinking that's cheap for a Defea!) because these bags will be used and used. But I used to have far too many handbags doing nothing until I did what Godess Guide Giselle did and flogged loads of hers on ebay so she could get her teeth done (ok I didnt get my teeth done, I got my kitchen tiled, but you get my drift!) Rambling now. Gotta sleep, hate working these weird hours.

I think I must have faulty chromosomes or something, because I just don't 'get' the handbag thing!!

I can honestly say that I never notice women's handbags (unless, perhaps, they are huge with purple giraffes on or something :sun:)

I use one bag all the time and use it till it gets tatty (it's usually plain black leather). I do have a couple of cheapie clutch bags for weddings etc.

I sometimes see a bag I really like, but very rarely buy, as I know I just can't be bothered to swap them around!

I'm EXACTLY the same!!!

Designers do discount actually. I have a navy blue Chloe Paddington that I picked up in Selfridges in the sale once. Hardly ever use it as it's so damn heavy. Just buy cheaper bags these days I am pleased to say!

I know some designers discount. I just personally collect Louis Vuitton...that's who I meant. They never discount so just means Im never gutted that something's been reduced!! In fact it's the opposite..they put the prices of the bags up every year

I find Lulu to have an inflated idea of her own self importence and sells over priced tat. She babbles on in the clip about she is glad she got acknowledged for her contribution to fashion, OMG get over yourself! Am I alone?

You are not alone, she might be a very nice person but she bores the ass off me, as soon as I hear that little twee voice my tv is switched off/over.

You are not alone, she might be a very nice person but she bores the ass off me, as soon as I hear that little twee voice my tv is switched off/over.

She's like Kelly Hoppen. They try to appear 'down to earth' but what comes over loud and clear is that they're on a different planet to the rest of us.

I'm sure Lulu G is a lovely lady, but I keep thinking of Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter) when I see her!

Perhaps she will do a nice line in twee kitten plates and frilly bows :cheeky:

She's definately on a different planet....her prices are definately obscene...but I equate it all to a dieters mentality.(...you know you shouldn't have it .but you've just got to have it)..ie probably can't afford the bag ....but you've just got to have it because qvc say how wonderful they are and such a brilliant price...........its easy to convince yourself when you love something so much to have it and get yourself up to your eyeballs in debt because somebody like lu lu Guinness (who was probably rich before she started) wont reduce her prices...what about a loyalty card or something? ..but why would she because she knows that youll buy them...if you like them fair enough but don't you feel for a minute that you've been had?:star:

Latest posts

Back