Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 13/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh, I'm really tempted now, they're so pretty!! Wondering if there's any way I could shoehorn all my crap into it.. I love the sage..

I've looked at them several times before, but never ordered. Which Poppy was it you fancied?

Have to say, I thought Jill looked really nice (so the outfit can't have been from Q) on the launch show. She had a pretty pink floral top on, with a frill down the front. A welcome change from the usual cold shoulder offering, and thought the colour really suited her. Although, the amount of times she gets stopped in the street to be complimented on her clothing / jewellery / accessories, it's a wonder she ever manages to get from A to B.:mysmilie_17:

PS Just wanted to add that I've just had a pop-up come up on the Cambridge Satchel Company site that says you can get a discount code for 15% off your first order, if you sign up to their mailing list.

I'm liking the full size Poppy in Oxblood. 15% off could make it even more tempting. Trying to avoid Lulu shows all day to avoid temptation though!

I watched one of the shows closely and I don't think the TSV is as well designed as some of her bags. It is quite small and looking inside it is stitched together at the top of the opening to keep the shape but doesn't allow the bag to open wide.Also the flap with the handle on it is taking the weight of the bag with one magnetic clasp ,this was highlighted when Pipa had the bag full and you could see it was quite heavy going on the flap and clasp.

I know there's a lot of LG lovers on here so hopefully it will turn out to be a good one .i only have my small Eva ,I love it but have not been tempted since.

Last edited:
I don`t think its going as well as they would like as its been on nearly every hour for a 10 minute slot at the beginning ...and this morning first thing only 800 had gone ..not a LG buyer but I thought it would be moving a bit quicker than it is doing..... perhaps the other styles have been making up for it ...the cat head and glasses case one sold out quickly ...not my thing but each to their own!!

Was tempted by this bag until I realised that I don't actually like it. I don't like the shape, the flap or the grab handle (looks too much like a briefcase handle) The only thing that was seducing me were the colours which are all beautiful. Just going back to the handles on this bag, they are similar to the handles on the small Izzy which, if it was a true cross body bag, I would buy in a heartbeat but the 'briefcase like' handle puts me right off.

The colours are nice but that's about it for me! It doesn't look particularly well designed; hangs at a very awkward angle on the model using the shoulder strap but it's the front flap I dislike the most!
Apart from flaps being somewhat annoying generally, this one does not lie straight either on the table or when worn, which would annoy me intensely!

:mysmilie_10:

They give LG almost saintly status.I know lots of you love you LG bags & I have been sucked into the hype in the past but have returned at great expense as I just don't think they are worth the cost.That newish presenter (can't think of her name) is a pain tonight, talk about hyping it up! If I was spending that price level on a bag I think I would look at Coach or Bridge,classic & timeless.

Perhaps people feel they have enough bags & are getting choosy, need to be something really tempting to make them splash out.
I haven't ever bought one of her bags but I do have some quite expensive leather ones & have got so it would take something I really loved to tempt me as I feel a bit guilty that I don't often use some that I've already got.

They give LG almost saintly status.I know lots of you love you LG bags & I have been sucked into the hype in the past but have returned at great expense as I just don't think they are worth the cost.That newish presenter (can't think of her name) is a pain tonight, talk about hyping it up! If I was spending that price level on a bag I think I would look at Coach or Bridge,classic & timeless.

I agree, just had a look and the quality and size is absolutely awful. £276 for a small leather bag with a wonky flap :)mysmilie_17:) made by someone who hardly anyone has ever heard of outside of QVC, even LG must think it's crap seen as though she couldn't be arsed turning up.

As for the newish presenter, how twee, another one who constantly smiles when she's taking, she could give the smarmeister himself Mr Dale Frankin a run for his money.

I do like Lulu's bags but I've only ever bought in the company's own sales. They have incredible discounts which make QVC's prices unpalatable to me. In the sales a year or two ago, I bought a dark red large-ish Eva for something like £155 and within a week of receiving it, they had it on QVC for nearly double that. I think the price of this TSV is ridiculous for something so small. But I do have tight4r5e tendencies!

It's the same old story ,when you start mass producing something quality suffers. there are TSVs four times a year or so and to come up with something different and with excellent quality must be pretty difficult.It will be interesting to see some of the feedback.

LG hasn't turned up for months if not years.

I have seen LG bags in department stores and did not think they are worth the money! I did think when I saw a picture of this TSV it shouted specially made for QVC!

I too have seen her bags,purses etc in department stores, this was before they ever appeared on QVC. They were never my style so never had an interest in them. Of course the styles/sizes made especially for QVC will be inference to the ones made in the thousands for them. Same as anything with the term made especially for QVC, I am betting the next Links of London TSV will be the same. Recent complaints on the Q facebook page of tarnishing.

I have seen LG bags in department stores and did not think they are worth the money! I did think when I saw a picture of this TSV it shouted specially made for QVC!

Rita has been part of her collection for the past 12 months or so. However, not in the colours in the TSV yesterday.

I just think it was a bad timing for a TSV really, the sale has just finished on her website (if I remember rightly the Rita bag was actually in the sale in some colours).

For me my lack of disinterest in QVC showed yesterday as I didn't tune into one LG show for the first time ever. I just can't be bothered. As with Kipling and other brands they're mostly showing bags that have been on before, anything new season by Lulu is available on her website for the same price so why would you buy it from QVC. I don't want to give any money to them anymore if I can avoid it.

I've got quite of few of them and they're all very well made and certainly worth the money to me, I understand not everyone can justify the cost, but they really are well made and have that touch of class and elegance, they're not your typical market stall tat that is so typical of Qs offerings.

Latest posts

Back