Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 13/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, just had a look and the quality and size is absolutely awful. £276 for a small leather bag with a wonky flap :)mysmilie_17:) made by someone who hardly anyone has ever heard of outside of QVC, even LG must think it's crap seen as though she couldn't be arsed turning up.

As for the newish presenter, how twee, another one who constantly smiles when she's taking, she could give the smarmeister himself Mr Dale Frankin a run for his money.

I'd never really heard of her either Shopper (but that's not really a surprise where I'm concerned) but she seems to be very well known, not just on QVC.

Many of her items are sold in House of Fraser & John Lewis. She has several of her own Boutiques in the UK and in China, Taiwan, Thailand and the UAE, she did have a store in New York but it seems to have closed now. She's been featured in the Broadsheet Fashion Sections (such as The Telegraph) and she's also been featured several times in Vogue Magazine no less.

And of course she was awarded with an OBE in 2006 for services to the Fashion Industry so even HM The Queen kind of knows her. And apparently she's absolutely stinking rich which is probably another reason why she rarely appears on screen :mysmilie_59:

I'm never keen on the TSVs, all made for QVC with the dark and cheap looking lining. I have LG's but the bag linings are generally the black/oyster striped lining which for me does smack of quality. I still use a bag bought more than 8 years ago, (cant remember the style), but its black patent, east/west, with a beige handle and snap shut (the other option at the time was a cobalt blue with black handle), its always a go-to bag for occasions.

I`m not particularly an LG fan these days but I do own one of her bags from when she first started off. It`s from back in the days when she did lots of embroidered bags and birdcage ones and mine is grey tweed embroidered with flowers and has leather handles.
I think because Q do easy pays it tempts a lot of people to buy her now mass produced offerings and they throw in a few specially made for Q colours or bags. People get quite defensive about them, especially on Q`s facebook page and others try to compare buying LG to buying Kipling which is daft because the style of bags are poles apart. As far as I`m concerned bags are like jewellery ie. personal to the person wearing them and no one person`s taste is any better or worse than anybody else`s. We all have our own ideas what is or isn`t value for money or nice to own.

I'd never really heard of her either Shopper (but that's not really a surprise where I'm concerned) but she seems to be very well known, not just on QVC.

Many of her items are sold in House of Fraser & John Lewis. She has several of her own Boutiques in the UK and in China, Taiwan, Thailand and the UAE, she did have a store in New York but it seems to have closed now. She's been featured in the Broadsheet Fashion Sections (such as The Telegraph) and she's also been featured several times in Vogue Magazine no less.

And of course she was awarded with an OBE in 2006 for services to the Fashion Industry so even HM The Queen kind of knows her. And apparently she's absolutely stinking rich which is probably another reason why she rarely appears on screen :mysmilie_59:

Well to be honest I suppose you'd only know her if you was looking out for her, and you'd probably only be looking out for her because you've seen her on QVC, I don't shop in H of F or Lewis, way too expensive, I've never been to Taiwan or China (were just so happens her bags are made) so that rules many people finding out about her that way, nor do I read the Telegraph or Vogue, as for the Queen, she'll have been told about her as opposed to her buying one of her bags from QVC, I imagine.

Well to be honest I suppose you'd only know her if you was looking out for her, and you'd probably only be looking out for her because you've seen her on QVC, I don't shop in H of F or Lewis, way too expensive, I've never been to Taiwan or China (were just so happens her bags are made) so that rules many people finding out about her that way, nor do I read the Telegraph or Vogue, as for the Queen, she'll have been told about her as opposed to her buying one of her bags from QVC, I imagine.

Makes sense I guess.

But you're right when you say old Lulu doesn't appear on QVC in person too much. I suppose many Designers probably don't do the Selly Telly circuit themselves too often if at all, if they can avoid it anyway.

I've never seen Daisy Eldridge on Ideal World, maybe she's too busy? :mysmilie_59:

Makes sense I guess.

But you're right when you say old Lulu doesn't appear on QVC in person too much. I suppose many Designers probably don't do the Selly Telly circuit themselves too often if at all, if they can avoid it anyway.

I've never seen Daisy Eldridge on Ideal World, maybe she's too busy? :mysmilie_59:

In the beginning she appeared all the time but once the sales got established she dropped off.The presenters used to make excuses but they don't bother now. In her promo LG says " you not only get my bags you also get me! " But we don't now....

Time they changed that promo.

Daisy Eldridge... IW have never made a big thing of having the designers present so I don't expect them,but Q made a big selling point of it, that's the difference.

Last edited:

Oh, I don't know, shopperholic. I'm sure HM was carrying one of the Lips clutch bags at the State Opening of Parliament. In fact, she was wearing the same dress as Lulu Guinness here too, I'm sure.

LG.jpg

In the beginning she appeared all the time but once the sales got established she dropped off.The presenters used to make excuses but they don't bother now. In her promo LG says " you not only get my bags you also get me! " But we don't now....

Time they changed that promo.

Daisy Eldridge... IW have never made a big thing of having the designers present so I don't expect them,but Q made a big selling point of it, that's the difference.

I hope QVC never make a point of having Zombie Hoppen present again, what a charmless woman. Not quite in the same league as Sara Griffiths but getting there.

You're right, Ideal World don't seem to make a thing of having their clothes Designers present :mysmilie_59:

Would the real Daisy Eldridge please stand up? I suspect it's an English sounding name to appeal to a British audience; a bit like Indian call centre staff introducing themselves as Margaret or Beverley, or maybe it's like Dorothy Perkins, not named after a real person at the time it was chosen.

Then you can't go wrong with a French-sounding name like Nicole.

I wonder whether "Made in Italy" is just the name of the company not actually where it's made part of me really hopes this is true!

:mysmilie_17:

Would the real Daisy Eldridge please stand up? I suspect it's an English sounding name to appeal to a British audience; a bit like Indian call centre staff introducing themselves as Margaret or Beverley, or maybe it's like Dorothy Perkins, not named after a real person at the time it was chosen.

Then you can't go wrong with a French-sounding name like Nicole.

I wonder whether "Made in Italy" is just the name of the company not actually where it's made part of me really hopes this is true!

:mysmilie_17:

Like Lulu Guinness I believe Daisy Eldridge has got an OBE too. Not an Order of The British Empire mind you but rather
an Out of Body Experience.

In fact she hasn't got a Body :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

TeeHee!

Just to be completely fair I checked the labels in a Daisy Eldridge top and a Nicole dress and both are made in the UK. But I've never heard the IW presenters refer to the designer as existing with that name, unlike the mythical YK on QVC! :mysmilie_3:

TeeHee!

Just to be completely fair I checked the labels in a Daisy Eldridge top and a Nicole dress and both are made in the UK. But I've never heard the IW presenters refer to the designer as existing with that name, unlike the mythical YK on QVC! :mysmilie_3:

Made In The UK is good. Maybe they get that woman with the Sewing Machine and Flower in her hair who looks like Velma from Scooby Doo to knock them out as and when?

Good business :mysmilie_59:

I do like LG bags but they are so easy to pick up in the sales or pre-loved (and barely used!) for a third of the full price. I tend to buy then that way these days. I'd happily pay £100 for a Lulu but if I'm paying £300 I'd rather go for a sake purchase from another designer. I like Kate Spade which are about the same price as Lulu. I love my Marc Jacobs that was still less than a full price LG and it is stunning.

You've got the same outfit, haven't you? You can admit it - we are all friends on here and we won't judge you.

Aw thanks Andi, I know you all wouldn't judge me, but what can I say, it's the only one I could find to match my shoes and bag exactly :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back