Lulu Guiness TSV!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes Catherine excelled herself, gush gush and more gush, quite embarraing really, the only good thing about this TSV is that it went quick so roll on tomorrow`s OTO`s!!

Yeah I agree, my gawd can that Lady fawn. Hope the OTO's are not LG bags.:ANYWORD: sick

I agree

You're probably right......roll on the Dents Spring/Summer Sale is all I can say! :1:

Hi,
I agree wholeheartedly. I am also looking forward to the Dent's sale - quality leather bags at a good price!

:35::35::35:

BTW where are these bags made? If they are made in Britain then expensive labour costs would contribute to the high prices. If they are made abroad then in my opinion calling this the best of British is a bit misleading.

catherine looks great in that dress tonight. her figure is spectacular now

i did not see the launch - just seen the repeat hour (or watching as i type!) and think she looks fabulous....where did she get that dress from? it is gorgeous...but probably designer so unaffordable anyway!

Well QVC have excelled themselves again. Putting Lulu's LaLa plastic tat on easy pay does not make it any more attractive. The prices are way over what most people have to spend on food and household bills. They are totally out of touch with real people. One easy pay is about what this stuff is worth. And as for Catherine - well, what a suck-up. Have SOME dignity woman!!!

Well QVC have excelled themselves again. Putting Lulu's LaLa plastic tat on easy pay does not make it any more attractive. The prices are way over what most people have to spend on food and household bills. They are totally out of touch with real people. One easy pay is about what this stuff is worth. And as for Catherine - well, what a suck-up. Have SOME dignity woman!!!

you are absolutely right Catkins!!!!! i was totally shocked by the TSV sell out.
but even if one could afford this kind of purchase, why on earth would they spend £500 on a bag that looked like it had cost them a fiver?
who is this LG woman who can command these extortionate prices for her "lazy" designs? :mad:even her logo is plainly lazy; plastic lips.....
B&W sells also plastic bags...at a fraction of her prices....and it is obvious he has put effort in their design...and you get a fantastic, crystal encrusted charm with it...
is LG more established in the fashion world/industry than Butler & Wilson?

I agree. I love Simon Wilson. His bags are lovely and have more "design" features than LG. He has never made a bag out of an old potato sack - sorry "slubby linen" stuck a fish on it and charged you over £200 for the honour of wearing his logo!

you are absolutely right Catkins!!!!! i was totally shocked by the TSV sell out.
but even if one could afford this kind of purchase, why on earth would they spend £500 on a bag that looked like it had cost them a fiver?
QUOTE]

Because some people are just designer snobs and will pay the earth to have a name on a product. It may look like it only cost a fiver but it's designer!!!!

It sold out because they didn't have very many. I think it's a con when they call a product a TODAY'S Special Value when they know they don't have enough stock to last the day. On those occasions they should call it a 'Midnight Special Offer' then anyone who wants it knows to get in quick.

I have just had a look at today's LG TSV...........:11:

£179 for a Plastic Handbag............. I don't think so

Reading all these posts, though i haven't actually seen it, i take it that not only the composition and price are not popular:54:

I am always put off when it's 'commissioned' by QVC

Because some people are just designer snobs and will pay the earth to have a name on a product. It may look like it only cost a fiver but it's designer!!!!

it is often the misconception that you buy "class" at the same time. i do not think so...
lola rose jewellery are also overprized, well not at the obsene levels like the LG tat, but at least most of her jewellery pieces are absolute stunners, well designed and well made.

Black showing as available at 9.30a.m.

Hi,
If anyone is interested the black option of the TSV was showing as available at 9:30 this morning. It might be an odd one someone has released from cheque hold, but there is at least one. I managed to resist quite easily as I found it an obscene amount to charge for a plastic bag. Easy pay doesn't make it cheaper or any better value IMHO. It is all too easy to forget the 2nd and 3rd payments are due and then they can come as a shock.

Nicer bags are available much cheaper at TK Maxx and even Debenhams, where I had a lovely red patent (plastic but nice) bag for less than £30. I have never understood buying something just because of the designer name and paying over the odds for the privilege. I have never had that sort of money to waste.

:58::58::58:

who is this LG woman who can command these extortionate prices for her "lazy" designs? :mad:even her logo is plainly lazy; plastic lips.....
B&W sells also plastic bags...at a fraction of her prices....and it is obvious he has put effort in their design...and you get a fantastic, crystal encrusted charm with it...
is LG more established in the fashion world/industry than Butler & Wilson?

I have four Lulu Guinness Handbags, and I would like to assure you that they do not look like they have cost a fiver. They are quality, stand tough wear, and last. I use two of mine as everyday bags and they take a bit of a bashing yet still look like new. However I didn't pay £500 for them - those are the 'collectibles' - the instant antiques that will escalate in value.

'Lips' is lazy? What do you expect? A Van Gogh?

Lulu Guinness is highly established in the fashion world - she doesn't need QVC - if anything QVC went begging at her door.

Sorry if I offend, but I now have doubts about a recession with this TSV selling out. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would have wanted leather at that price. My wife has thrown better quality bags out.

I would imagine that a fair few will mysteriously become available again when deluded women all over the country sober up and realise what they've done. :SUE: I bet loads were put on cheque hold when the excitement of owning a bit of designer plastic overcame them but in the cold light of day common sense licks in. ;) :pPC:.

Sorry if I offend, but I now have doubts about a recession with this TSV selling out. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would have wanted leather at that price. My wife has thrown better quality bags out.

I think in this case beauty is in the eye of the beerholder:ANYWORD: LOL
and yes I could set up shop with Big handbags that I have had bought for me over the years, sadly they will never see the light of day as I hate big bags and I abhor plastic.

There will always be people with plenty of disposable income, recession or no recession. I like the TSV style wise, but also think that it's terribly overpriced. BUT, I think some comments that have been made about the customers who have bought this TSV are quite nasty.

Latest posts

Back