Lulu G promo clip

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I regularly buy bags (LG included) of all prices, I need to look stylish and "well turned out" for work and I do love my bags, i make no apologies for buying them either. I wouldn't say I have money to burn as some people might think, but for me they are a practical purchase. I do get asked quite a lot about where I have got some of my bags from, especially the more "quirky" ones.

I know that not everyone is able to buy to them and others might not like the designs, but as someone has said previously, if we all liked and had the same things the world would be a very boring place.

No one should be judged for the things they buy or the things they don't.

Maybe not, but they are. Can you imagine if Keira Knightley arrived at the Oscars toting a Lidl bag for life? I don't know about LG's bags, not wanting or needing them I would never buy them, but I don't like how she comes across.

I was under the impression that it was only the "Lulu" brand plastic bags that were made in China and not the leather ones that command the high prices. I had a lovely little bag from the States that cost just £19 along with a hip flask, phone sleeve and luggage tag all for £6 each. Quality they are not but you get what you pay for.

CC

If you like handbags go to the rue du Louvre in Paris. That area is inundated with handbag shops! Just walk out of Louvre Rivolie métro down the rue Renard and turn right, then first left.

Wow ! I'm on the next Eurostar !!!!

My most 'quirky' bag is a Snail - (I call him Brian), white leather in the shape of the shell, with metal head and tail. Bought in Lisbon, and always attracts comments.

Wow ! I'm on the next Eurostar !!!!

My most 'quirky' bag is a Snail - (I call him Brian), white leather in the shape of the shell, with metal head and tail. Bought in Lisbon, and always attracts comments.

Snail bag sounds fun. I don't get those Kipling bags though with the little monkey tassle thing. Not my bag! lol

I have one Kipling bag (from amazon) as my everyday bag - light, enough compartments to organize without being fussy, looks good, too. But there won't be any more since this one does the job admirably. QVC price was £20 more than what I paid on amazon.

I'm sure we all have bags for different situations. Despite what Q presenters would say, you are unlikely to take a Kipling to a wedding, likewise you are unlikely to use your best LG as a nappy changer.

I would guess that most of us use the same bag over and over until we need to transfer all the rubbish into another and then use that one and so on.

There is nothing like a Kipling for practicability but for me they are not a dressy bag if that is what you need.

LG type bags are more than just a receptacle to their wearers, it is their equivalent of jewellery and they enjoy it every bit as much as say LoL and quite rightly if they can afford it.

Personally, I am dreadful at changing handbags, so I tend to use one for months at a time and then when I switch over I retire the previous bag for a period of time.

For me, I don't think I could justify spending LG money or more on a bag - the cost per ware wouldn't add up. Plus I'd be scared of damaging it.

I suppose if I totally fell in love with a bag, I might then be tempted, but not by LG bags as I hate the kind of bags where the shoulder/cross body strap is a clip-on extra and there are grab handles as well. I'm a shoulder bag girl, or a grab bag girl.

At present I'm totally loving a big Kipling tote, which has a removable shoulder strap, and doesn't have one of the fluffy monkeys.

If you're prepared to shell out more money, Kipling do some high-end bags which are perfectly suited to more formal occasions and no fluffy monkeys in sight.

Is it me or have the number of handbag choices sold on QVC dwindled?

There used to be shows for Aubrey, Jack French, Anoushka, Tignanello, B Makowski and others - they all seem to have fallen by the wayside. Maybe some have gone bust... but you only get rare outings from Travelon and The Sak. The Kipling and LG shows seem to be the most omnipresent on our screens.

LG type bags are more than just a receptacle to their wearers, it is their equivalent of jewellery and they enjoy it every bit as much as say LoL and quite rightly if they can afford it.

Indeed, for me they make an outfit, they are an accessory as well as a receptacle. I like quirky things and enjoy expressing my personality through my clothes and accessories. I don't give a hoot if people think that makes me shallow or stupid for spending money on that. There are people who buy all 4 Elemis TSVs a year who are spending £200 a year on stuff that essentially goes down the sink. Fair enough! If they want to do that then that's great. I'd rather spend that £200 on a bag I can wear and enjoy for many years to come.

Maybe it's because I have to wear a uniform for work, it stifles personality and individuality. So out of work I like to spend my money on my clothes and accessories to maintain that feeling that I'm a human being with choice.

Last edited:
Like yourself I like a bag to be either a shoulder OR cross body OR grab handle. I am just never comfortable with 2 handles at the same time.

I did once see a Kipling where the grab handle lay dead flat along the top so that it didn't get in the way at all but if I remember correctly it was too small a bag (or I was too mean to pay the price). I personally feel Kipling is very expensive but would happily pay twice as much for a leather bag. I think I must be old fashioned and don't think nylon is worth £60 plus no matter how long it lasts.

Indeed, for me they make an outfit, they are an accessory as well as a receptacle. I like quirky things and enjoy expressing my personality through my clothes and accessories. I don't give a hoot if people think that makes me shallow or stupid for spending money on that. There are people who buy all 4 Elemis TSVs a year who are spending £200 a year on stuff that essentially goes down the sink. Fair enough! If they want to do that then that's great. I'd rather spend that £200 on a bag I can wear and enjoy for many years to come.

Maybe it's because I have to wear a uniform for work, it stifles personality and individuality. So out of work I like to spend my money on my clothes and accessories to maintain that feeling that I'm a human being with choice.

Good for you Ellaa. I can wear anything I want (within reason) as my office has a smart casual policy, but we all have suits on standby. That's just par for the course. A good bag is a must.

Agree with all of the above.

I have a couple of favourite Kipling which they don't 'DO' anymore. Most favourite though is a cabin carry-on that has a trolley handle flap at the back, sooooo useful and they don't appear to have that facility anymore - (its just a flap that makes the bag able to slide over a suitcase handle), and its been everywhere with me since 2006 and still as good as new, after a wash or two.

I agree with the comments about bags with dual handles, grab and cross body, all a bit of a faff. I don't like the untidiness of flapping straps when carrying it 'grab' style, and then the cross body strap is hopeless when at opposite corners - for me it just doesn't work.

Agree with all of the above.

I have a couple of favourite Kipling which they don't 'DO' anymore. Most favourite though is a cabin carry-on that has a trolley handle flap at the back, sooooo useful and they don't appear to have that facility anymore - (its just a flap that makes the bag able to slide over a suitcase handle), and its been everywhere with me since 2006 and still as good as new, after a wash or two.

I agree with the comments about bags with dual handles, grab and cross body, all a bit of a faff. I don't like the untidiness of flapping straps when carrying it 'grab' style, and then the cross body strap is hopeless when at opposite corners - for me it just doesn't work.

Yes I agree with that, I can't stand grab handle bags that also have cross body straps. It's all so untidy. In trying to meet both demands they fail to service neither particularly well! Just do one thing or the other.

Last edited:
Ellaa is was just about to compare the price of Q (or anywhere for that matter) beauty products. Most folk who like the beauty items tend to like a lot of different brands so it really must add up. I just wouldn't spend it on beauty but again I have no objections to anyone else doing so.

Just in the same away many would ask me just how many bangles etc can any woman wear! The answer? As many as you want!

I've got about 5 kipling bags but only tend to use a small cross body bag, its just big enough to hold my keys, phone etc. Has anyone bought any good (not expensive) ones from New York? I'm off there next week

I`ve had leather bags from this site and as everyday bags they`ve been fine and inexpensive for leather. I have what I call " posh " bags but they`re only used for days or nights out and things such as weddings. If I was working then they`d probably get used more but for a trip into town or to visit a friend these bags do me fine and there`s an extra 20 % off at the moment. My posh bags will probably last me years so I tend to stick with classic styles which won`t date, I have one LG bag amongst them which I bought years ago.
http://www.bagsetc.co.uk/Shop/handb...=|leather|&l3=&pcol=&ViewAll=|true|&Sort=|pl|

I think we need different bags for different lifestyles and now I'm retired, I haven't the need for the posh bags I did at work. For me now, to spend £200+ on any bag would be silly because I have something to suit every occasion. However, when I was working, I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid at splashing the cash on a bag and I enjoy reading threads where posters are getting so much pleasure from buying and receiving a beautiful bag. Same with jewellery, really. I have what I need for the lifestyle I lead now. Makeup I don't bother with anyway since I hardly wear any, same with skincare and beauty products.
Sorry, QVC. You're onto a loser here.

PS - I love that site, Vienna! Unfortunately ...

I do have a couple of LG bags and they are not quirky, but classic and smart, and 'go to' when I have to dress up. They are beautifully made and were bought in the early days of LG shows. I also bought one of my fav LG bags from TX Max for £40, bucket style with zip top in black with white piping, and raised lily of the valleys on one side (keep away from tights !) but is always commented on. We have only ever seen certain designs from her over the years on the tele, but she has certainly produced some lovely creations that we don't see.

I too don't need or use huge bags anymore, just small jobs for phone, keys, purse and tissues, so I use small cross bodies a lot more.

I also have a personalised one made from Bags of Love - I make and create Venetian style masks, and my photos adorn both sides of my little bag - a useful advertising tool when handing out business cards !!!!

I`ve had leather bags from this site and as everyday bags they`ve been fine and inexpensive for leather. I have what I call " posh " bags but they`re only used for days or nights out and things such as weddings. If I was working then they`d probably get used more but for a trip into town or to visit a friend these bags do me fine and there`s an extra 20 % off at the moment. My posh bags will probably last me years so I tend to stick with classic styles which won`t date, I have one LG bag amongst them which I bought years ago.
http://www.bagsetc.co.uk/Shop/handb...=|leather|&l3=&pcol=&ViewAll=|true|&Sort=|pl|

Thanks for posting that link Vienna. I've just ordered the large beach bag in the sale with an additional 20% off and free p&p! Been looking for the right one for ages so thanks again!

Latest posts

Back