lovely Barry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was out yesterday evening and so didn't get on the site until towards 11pm so I missed my first evening with Rocks TV - am slightly irritated that I wasn't there to defend RocksTV on the first occasion I've heard of disquiet amongst viewers.

Am very sad to hear that some folks have been taking potshots about Barry and the presenting style. Were they forum members making the comments? I think Barry's done a grand job on the occasions I've seen him and is frankly my preferred presenter after Steve. And the poor bloke is entitled to a break - GTV staff come off screen after 90mins. There arent enough staff in this fledgling venture to fill in for 10 mins for a presenter but that may come with time and increased sales. In the meantime, no harm done chatting and making a cuppa/trip to loo until service is resumed.

Look forward to seeing you guys later. must go and fix us a bite to eat lol

As for not shifting enough items in the hour, they can't lose their shirt on every piece or they won't be around for long. Steve moved things along more quickly the night before but perhaps he was phlegmatic about losses whereas Barry is likely to be less comfortable.

I wasn't on when these comments were posted - but Barry - please don't take them to heart or change - you are excellent just the way you are.

I was talking to someone at work about the site & explaining the chat to her & how she could use it to get questions answered if she was unsure. I pointed out that when Barry is on he consistently pays special attention to the chat so that I would hope he would pick up on any questions she might ask asap, & that I enjoyed this interaction loads. I could go on more - but this is just one example of something you do that I appreciate loads

Hes a sweety,were the comments from our forum members? Cos there are other people on the website. Was he upset by them? Its a shame when people have a go at him cos he cannot really answer back.

Don't think they were from forum peeps ... at least none on our list, I'm pleased to say!

Things were a lot better, Sammi.

Barry even joined in with the banter in the chatroom (from home I think) and John and Sherridan jokingly told him off because it was his night off. All good fun! :D

Latest posts

Back