Lovely Ali!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
I was fortunate to be in New York a few weeks ago & had to pay a visit to Laura Geller's Studio on Lexington Avenue.It was a very hot day ( even for October) as I stumbled through the door.Who should be there but Laura & Alison filming.During my purchasing I said to the Salesperson ' I know that face', they both stopped & I said I was visiting from UK.Both Laura & Alison were so friendly, said I looked amazing ( SO NOT-- I was jet lagged & suffering from the heat!!!) Will was there too & took my photo.
Laura is just as she comes over on her shows, open and friendly & her son was there as well as Alison's husband.I would have loved to speak to AY in the LE hour today but they said the lines were busy. AY is quite petite but looks younger than on TV & that day she was melting in a leather jacket!

That's nice to hear that Laura and Alison are nice in "real" life, I wonder why Alison's Husband was there though or was it a case of a free holiday :Wink:

Hope her husbands back was ok, i think he is her chauffeur for QVC i have heard her say on air and drives other Q people about.

Sounds like you had a lovely experience at Laura's, she does come across on TV as a genuinely warm person and you met Alison & Will too - bonus!

Hope you had a great visit to the big apple.

Inge x

Aw, Silver Fox that is lovely to hear.

... I wonder why Alison's Husband was there though or was it a case of a free holiday :Wink:

Many companies offer the opportunity for spouses to go along on business trips... sometimes they don't even ask for payment.

Sometimes there is just nothing underhand going on - but then what would we have to complain about :wink:?

Well we have to buy our own christmas lunch at our place so no chance of my husband being allowed along. Maybe they paid for the ticket for him out of their own pockets ;)

Am interested in hearing the comments of someone who met AY and LG in person so thanks Silver Fox.

Did Dale Franklin say he'd been to the States or are you another Silver Fox?

I met AY in person once too and agree she is very nice. I would like to meet Laura Geller too.

Sounds like you had a nice experience SF.

I started a make up course at college. There is an annual trip to New York to visit various fashion shows and a session with Laura Geller. The tutors all say how wonderful Laura is and extremely helpful to the students. She also gives away goodie bags containing her make up.

I'm surprised she makes a profit - her make-up is great but it lasts and lasts. She comes across as warm and friendly, so I'm not surprised by the compliments from people who've met her.

Latest posts

Back