Lollipop Lady

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco I am so sorry to read about your daughter's illness, I do hope my post which you quoted did not offend you. Wishing you and your daughter well for her recovery.

Flamenco I am so sorry to read about your daughter's illness, I do hope my post which you quoted did not offend you. Wishing you and your daughter well for her recovery.

Thanks for your kind wishes. No, not offended at all! I really mean that x

Positive thoughts for your daughter Flamenco.
This obsession we have as a society with being this thin is crazy and is putting so much pressure on young people. Being painfully thin is not attractive or healthy and should not be promoted as such- it just makes me so angry to see people being used like this:angry:

I like Anna very much. I kind of was a bit sluffed when she mentioned a boyfriend. I love her vocab, makes her interesting and also I think she looks great. I like her a lot, much more than Carmel whi started around the same time

I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter too. You must both suffer terribly. I really hope she makes a good recovery. Sounds like she has a great mum so that will help her hugely.

Regarding Anna - I do agree that people who are thin to the point of being ill should not be put out there as role models. But she is in the job now and perhaps that keeps her going. Can't see how they can take that away from her now.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter Flamenco, that is so sad. hope she will recover.

best wishes from me too flamenco.

does anyone know, do anorexics only have a distorted image of themselves or do they view the rest of us as humungous?

Anorexia is an awful disease. My brother suffered with it a starting about 5 years ago. The worst part was we just couldn't get him any help at all. One consultant even admitted to me that if he had been a teenage girl, he would have had more chance of treatment, but because he was an (almost) 30 year old man, they just didn't know how to treat him. His problem wasn't a desire to be thin, but a need for some control in his life. Him and his fiancée had a daughter, and then his fiancée started full time work, so he gave up his job to bring his daughter up. Then other factors came into it as well and the only control he felt he had over his life was he decision not to eat. Thankfully he has recovered now, but he has caused serious damage to his heart so that is always going to be a worry now.

eating disorders are rife overa eating not eating at all its all the same in a way..dont want anna to laeve at least we can keep an eye on her

Flamenco, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that she recovers with the right help and support.You sound like a super Mum to me, sending much love your way. I've suffered from eating disorders since I was eleven years old (I'm almost 33) I'm what they call on the "anorexic spectrum" and diagnosed with something called EDNOS. I am quite underweight and struggle with food every day of my life. I've been passed about between the psychology team and the eating disorder service, each saying they don't know what to do with me so I eventually walked away and am just going it alone.

With regard to Anna, obviously none of us know whether she's poorly or not, she did mention previously she was a strict vegetarian so that could possibly have something to do with it. I quite like her anyway, I think she's intelligent and a wonderful writer - I like her blog, she's very erudite and witty, but she does sometimes look very pale and ill, which is a worry.

Anyway, sorry - I didn't mean to hijack the thread at all and Flamenco I'm thinking of you and yours. Take care...

just have to say it's a myth that vegetarians are slim and/or healthy. we just don't eat meat or fish. we can scoff as much choklit and chips as everyone else and when trying to lose weight, it's harder because vegetarian food doesn't "stay with you".

just have to say it's a myth that vegetarians are slim and/or healthy. we just don't eat meat or fish. we can scoff as much choklit and chips as everyone else and when trying to lose weight, it's harder because vegetarian food doesn't "stay with you".

The last bit sounded very polite!!:giggle:

I've had an eating disorder since I was 15. It was a huge problem in the past, now I'm quite good at managing it. I'm now 53. I'm resigned to the fact that it's always going to be with me, but I do lead a fairly normal life and I'm healthy.

Flamenco - so sorry to hear about your daughter and I send all good wishes.

I have been asked a handful of times in my life if I am anorexic, but I'm not. I'm just a skinny minnie. I don't watch too much QVC these days, so I'm not sure who Anna is, but this may be the case with her too.

Thanks for all the kind messages, its greatly appreciated. We have finally managed to get her seen by an eating disorders unit for teenagers (mental health provision for adolescents is abysmal) and she has been started on a re-feeding programme. Its very up and down at the moment, particularly as for my daughter its all about control and she doesn't like being told that she either adheres to the refeeding programme at home or she gets admitted to hospital for a 3 week re-feed program if she's not prepared to do it properly at home. She had a taster of hospital last week as she was refusing to eat and that seemed to have quite a sobering effect. Its slowly, slowly at the moment but she seems to be taking a step in the right direction. She sees someone from the eating disorder unit regularly now, and we are hoping she has turned a corner and will focus on recovery now. Will keep you posted. xx

Thanks for all the kind messages, its greatly appreciated. We have finally managed to get her seen by an eating disorders unit for teenagers (mental health provision for adolescents is abysmal) and she has been started on a re-feeding programme. Its very up and down at the moment, particularly as for my daughter its all about control and she doesn't like being told that she either adheres to the refeeding programme at home or she gets admitted to hospital for a 3 week re-feed program if she's not prepared to do it properly at home. She had a taster of hospital last week as she was refusing to eat and that seemed to have quite a sobering effect. Its slowly, slowly at the moment but she seems to be taking a step in the right direction. She sees someone from the eating disorder unit regularly now, and we are hoping she has turned a corner and will focus on recovery now. Will keep you posted. xx

That's excellent news and sounds very promising Flamenco. Sending good and positive thoughts your way Xx

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I dont think Anna has an eating problem, she is probably just naturally thin.

During one of the Cannon Camera TSV airings yesterday, she said she had recently taken the camera on some Charity walk, some where abroad, she wouldn't have been able to go a trek, if she was unwell.

Latest posts

Back