Lola Rose TSV - Jewellery Day 02/07/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been wearing a Bronzo Italiano (or is that a coffee?) pair of turqoise and rose 'gold' bracelets for over a week now - as I struggle to do up the clasps, and they have really stood the test of wear. They've been subjected to washing, cleaning, and various body lotions, and are still looking perfect.

Looking on Qs site, I saw this video - and the poor girls lips are like a couple of li-los she's had so much filler.......
One of my nieces has just had her lips done. All the friends and mother said they looked great but I said Nooooooh.

Another teeny tiny bracelet or necklace with teeny tiny beads with cheap plated beads
I've just been watching a teeny tiny bracelet by Clogau....and from the presentation they seem more keen to promote the fact that it comes in the "signature" ivory box and has a little message inside saying it's made from "The rare Welsh gold" - Totally glossing over the fact you'll be paying £81 for a few minute silver beads threaded onto a piece of elastic with a tiny little heart hanging off it. The BA was saying that it's great as a standalone piece, or as part of a "stacking story" (whatever that is) - which would clearly set you back a blinking fortune! I saw it on flinty's chunky wrist and it was so tight around the thinnest part of her wrist, I doubt whether you could fit a cigarette paper under it. I thought to myself "What's the ****** point"? It just looked like she'd put a hair tie around her wrist for safe keeping.
I've always thought Clogau was a good brand, not cheap, but worth splashing out on if you've got the money. Now it looks like they've decided to introduce "entry level" crap to appeal to those who want to buy into the brand but can't afford the decent stuff - probably constructed from left over bits that would normally be collected up and melted down, or thrown away! A few reviews say it's no bigger than a baby's christening bracelet! £81 will buy you a nice piece of jewellery that would be visible with the naked eye!

One of my nieces has just had her lips done. All the friends and mother said they looked great but I said Nooooooh.
One of my nieces (26) has as well. My mother didn’t realise and asked her if she’d been stung as her lips were swollen.
Looks ****** awful (though I suppose there are worse examples out there)
I really don’t understand why they do it.
She’s a lovely girl, hard working, caring and seems (apart from this) to have her head screwed on right.
She doesn’t even wear make up unless she’s going “out out” so she’s not looks obsessed which makes it even weirder.

I've just been watching a teeny tiny bracelet by Clogau....and from the presentation they seem more keen to promote the fact that it comes in the "signature" ivory box and has a little message inside saying it's made from "The rare Welsh gold" - Totally glossing over the fact you'll be paying £81 for a few minute silver beads threaded onto a piece of elastic with a tiny little heart hanging off it. The BA was saying that it's great as a standalone piece, or as part of a "stacking story" (whatever that is) - which would clearly set you back a blinking fortune! I saw it on flinty's chunky wrist and it was so tight around the thinnest part of her wrist, I doubt whether you could fit a cigarette paper under it. I thought to myself "What's the ****** point"? It just looked like she'd put a hair tie around her wrist for safe keeping.
I've always thought Clogau was a good brand, not cheap, but worth splashing out on if you've got the money. Now it looks like they've decided to introduce "entry level" crap to appeal to those who want to buy into the brand but can't afford the decent stuff - probably constructed from left over bits that would normally be collected up and melted down, or thrown away! A few reviews say it's no bigger than a baby's christening bracelet! £81 will buy you a nice piece of jewellery that would be visible with the naked eye!
I treat myself very rarely to Clogau but only wear the yellow gold. They have some good deals online and have a Ebay shop well worth a look.

One of my nieces (26) has as well. My mother didn’t realise and asked her if she’d been stung as her lips were swollen.
Looks ****** awful (though I suppose there are worse examples out there)
I really don’t understand why they do it.
She’s a lovely girl, hard working, caring and seems (apart from this) to have her head screwed on right.
She doesn’t even wear make up unless she’s going “out out” so she’s not looks obsessed which makes it even weirder.
Similar story here. She has her head screwed on too and has her own beauty business. I might embarrass her and ask what her boyfriend thinks of it when he kisses her.

I remember the days when stars had facelifts and you really noticed how fresh they looked. Now there is no "slight" of hand and the skill of a real plastic surgeon. Its far to noticeable now when people have had surgery and not in a good way. Thick rubber dingy lips. Cheeks that look like souped up hamsters chops. And eyes so odd its a wonder the can see out of them.

I remember the days when stars had facelifts and you really noticed how fresh they looked. Now there is no "slight" of hand and the skill of a real plastic surgeon. Its far to noticeable now when people have had surgery and not in a good way. Thick rubber dingy lips. Cheeks that look like souped up hamsters chops. And eyes so odd its a wonder the can see out of them.
Heaven knows what these youngsters, who have had, and are having really radical procedures, will look like when they get old. Will they have any faces left? (Think Ann Robinson and Felicity Kendal!)

I always wore a moisturiser even as a youngster. My Mum did good old Nivea. She was in her 80's when she died but her skin was flawless. You don't have to spend a fortune to have good well moisturised plumped up skin. As long as you use something and use it regularly.

Oh my god this is so true I despair! I'm 50 and hanging in in there but so many of my peers and acquaintances who are years younger have gone down this seemingly irreversible route. It's as if their perception becomes altered... Who wants to have a fat face surely our smile lines are sooo much better and a sign of a life well lived???

Yes, the uplifted eyes are a dead giveaway. Kylie M has one eyebrow practically meeting her hairline with that surprised look she permanently has. Then Ambitious H has almost cat eyes now (compared to when she married old Les), and is going to look pretty ridiculous at 70, and I don't believe for one second that Joan Collins hasn't undergone the knife at some point, yes she is old school glamorous, but lets see her without her wigs for a start ! No woman in her mid 80s has that hair.

(speaking of JC is there anything we DON'T know about that woman's life ? another session with Piers Morgan, endless columns about her affair with Warren, God she really must need the money !)

Just goes to show money can't buy good looks or even good skin if you don't know what your doing. Your genetic footprint and some common sense can give you what the money can never substitute.

Latest posts

Back