Lola Rose TSV 4/11/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks quite pretty, and I want a goof everyday watch but this won't be it because the metal is so unreliable.

Something tells me this is going to sell like hot cakes but a big % will be returned when folk see how little they get for their money.

Those beads look quite small.There are 16 of them plus a watch ,cord and cord endings ,metal slider and metal beads(14?)Lots of metal on this one.

It seems to me it that the small beads will be out of kilter with the weight of the face and the string won't hold up to the job.

Unless the wearer pulls the cord really tight whilst the watch face is on the wrist in the right position I agree.I think the weight of the watch face will pull it down to the underside of the wrist and the beads are small and round so the bracelet cannot lay flat enough against the skin to stop it slipping from the weight over time.

Last edited:
Don't need a watch. Agree with others that the weight of the watch will pull it round. Hope there are some special deals - looking for a plain black bracelet

Lola Rose Semi Precious Gemstone Friendship Watch
Item Number: 306537
QVC Price £70.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.98
P&P £4.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £16.66

This brand new design is the first ever friendship watch from Lola Rose and features a round dial with a collection of round, semi-precious gemstone beads strung onto a braided cord strap, with a signature Lola Rose metal slider fastener. Presented in a gorgeous branded gift box, this pretty watch will make a great gift for a loved one this season.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.306537

There`s similar to this and some much nicer watches on Ebay and from UK sellers. Plus around half the price and with genuine gemstones.
Here`s a link to just one seller, there`s lots of people out there making beaded watches or gemstone watches. I think this tsv looks cheap and even at the tsv price its expensive for what it is with small beads and base metal.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Wristwatc...tem2a74368f72:g:GbQAAOSwQItUK-kK&_ssn=morinau

There`s similar to this and some much nicer watches on Ebay and from UK sellers. Plus around half the price and with genuine gemstones.
Here`s a link to just one seller, there`s lots of people out there making beaded watches or gemstone watches. I think this tsv looks cheap and even at the tsv price its expensive for what it is with small beads and base metal.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Wristwatc...tem2a74368f72:g:GbQAAOSwQItUK-kK&_ssn=morinau

I've just a look at your link Vienna, and there are some nice watches on Ebay - I have just found one made of abalone which I particularly like. Oh noooooooo.............that's my credit card crying.

I've just a look at your link Vienna, and there are some nice watches on Ebay - I have just found one made of abalone which I particularly like. Oh noooooooo.............

I had one made by an Ebay seller several years ago. It`s sterling silver with garnet beads and is still going strong.

Well according to JF these watches are perfect for .....table gifts.

I mean what planet does she live on ? £50 for a table gift.

So if you have say 4 female guests that's 200 quid straight off. Chicken feed to JF I'm sure.

I don't expect expensive table gifts ,I'm just happy to share a meal in good company .

Grrr.Why do I watch.Blame the insomnia.!

Well according to JF these watches are perfect for .....table gifts.

I mean what planet does she live on ? £50 for a table gift.

So if you have say 4 female guests that's 200 quid straight off. Chicken feed to JF I'm sure.

I don't expect expensive table gifts ,I'm just happy to share a meal in good company .

Grrr.Why do I watch.Blame the insomnia.!

I just turned over to hear her making a joke at some fellas expense and told people in a curt way not to email in it's "just a joke", you know in that condescending way she does, the producer must've asked her is she bothered in which she followed with a couldn't give a poo-pourri "not really" ...... then I turned back over. I always get the impression that there's no actual management at QVC adding structure or guidance because it seems that the presenters can just do and say what they want, strange way to operate, you wouldn't see that in any other retail store.

As for Lola Rose, it's not my thing, to me it seems it's expensive for "semi" (almost real but not quite) stones, they had one similar in Argos for £11.99, not "semi precious" but unless you went round telling everyone, who'd know?

I must admit I really like Lola rose. They look great together and have lovely colours. Not tempted by the watch but do like other item this time...

I was going to give JF the benefit of the doubt and say perhaps she puts the proper gifts on the table rather than as "table gifts " but then I realised that the 4 girlfriends would open them and see that they had all been given exactly the same thing at exactly the same time which does not quite go with her mantra of hunting down quirky gifts for everyone.

Latest posts

Back