Lola Rose Jewellery Designs TSV 07/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Buckley have a 3 for 2 offer on their website today plus 25% off using code 25OFF.

Just ordered 3 Camden stacking bracelets £15 each normally for 22.50!

I was disappointed it didn't sell out early, as was hoping for some OTO's. Was really surprised that the Rainbow option didn't sell out, perhaps they had more of that one. Fingers crossed this slider will remain in place, will have to road test them lots during the 30 days!

I was disappointed it didn't sell out early, as was hoping for some OTO's. Was really surprised that the Rainbow option didn't sell out, perhaps they had more of that one. Fingers crossed this slider will remain in place, will have to road test them lots during the 30 days!

dont forget you got the extended money back garantee if its for a gift (just say its a gift to yourself or something) & i wasnt expecting it to sell out with it having the slider on but i know people who are more than happy with the last one

Also don't forget QVC has a one year guarantee on jewellery. I know someone who got her money back on the previous LR bracelet with the slider after about 6 months.

Am i expecting too much ??

I'm beginning to believe that my tv screen is a magnifying glass !

Have just taken delivery of the Lola Rose tsv bracelet - and co-ordinating necklace, and the stones look so much smaller than they appeared on air ! I was honestly taken aback when I took them out of the bag. Ok, they're not teeny weeny or child size, BUT I did expect them both to be a bit more 'chunkier' or substantial than they really are. I can only assume that my tv screen is falsifying reality ! Does anyone else experience this ? I shall probably keep them because the colours are what I wanted, but I shall be much warier in future re any jewellery that is presented.

They always look bigger on TV as the camera zooms in to show all the details.I used to look at things in proportion to the presenter/ model's hand and fingers.You can roughly gauge the size of individual stones by comparing them to a thumb nail for example. The items should always be taken off of stands and held so customers can see them like this and sizes given so there is no ambiguity.It can be a surprise though when you get something and it did look so huge.!!

Was it the TSV? I am still waiting to receive mine! I will be very interested as to how big the actual stones are. I am sorry you are disappointed.

You won't be the only one, brissles. I bet there will be several reviews to this effect, although many probably won't mind. I seem to remember a lot of people being disappointed by a Links of London necklace when they received it too.

Didn't there used to be a famous ruler that they placed/held items against?

Yes indeed! MeCharlie was using it the other day, in inches even rather than metric.

Yes, it was the rainbow TSV that I ordered, and the colours are lovely (bought to wear with a pale grey dress), and no I can't remember a ruler being used to measure, although it wouldn't be easy to measure the stones themselves. Never mind, we live and learn.

Yes, it was the rainbow TSV that I ordered, and the colours are lovely (bought to wear with a pale grey dress), and no I can't remember a ruler being used to measure, although it wouldn't be easy to measure the stones themselves. Never mind, we live and learn.

But you are disappointed which means they didn't make it clear enough. I hope you enjoy wearing it all the same.

The ruler never comes out on Lola Rose items. There are always lots of complaints about stones being too small. Personally I don't mind the smaller ones as I do like to layer the bracelets. They were making out like the TSV bracelet was a fairly substantial piece though, rather than delicate. Hmm! I will reserve judgement till I get my bracelet. I went for the ice blue option.

Have just taken delivery of the Lola Rose tsv bracelet - and co-ordinating necklace, and the stones look so much smaller than they appeared on air ! I was honestly taken aback when I took them out of the bag. Ok, they're not teeny weeny or child size, BUT I did expect them both to be a bit more 'chunkier' or substantial than they really are. I can only assume that my tv screen is falsifying reality ! Does anyone else experience this ? I shall probably keep them because the colours are what I wanted, but I shall be much warier in future re any jewellery that is presented.

I was caught out a few months ago with a pair of gold earrings they were so small when they arrived that I thought it was a joke. Someone mentioned the thumbnail as a guide but those little diddlers were kept well away from the hands while they were on screen. I was caught again with a Lola Rose bracelet, not the TSV but a navy sandstone friendship bracelet. It was not shown on a model just on the rack with a few others. The magnification must have been 10 fold because it arrived yesterday and was an utter disgrace the beads were minuscule and something that would only suit a toddler. I'm very disappointed but I will not be caught out again - no more jewellery from QVC for me.

I have just received a beautiful LR necklace from E bay today. Brand new much better packaged than the last few I got from Q received in a few days.

It was more expensive than I usually pay on EB but still at least £20 cheaper than an equivalent sized one currently on Qvc which has a high chance of being a return.

The best thing to do with Lola Rose, I think, is to count the stones to get a better perspective on what size the bracelet actually is. This one has 11 stones so I assumed it was a similar size to the Angel. Now I've received it then I would say it is, but I haven't compared the two. Similar shaped stones would be the Alfie (7 stones) and the Cassidy (9 stones). The Alfie is really chunky.

My mum got her TSV today and it is lovely, size of stones are really good, exactly as she expected.

The ruler never comes out on Lola Rose items. There are always lots of complaints about stones being too small. Personally I don't mind the smaller ones as I do like to layer the bracelets. They were making out like the TSV bracelet was a fairly substantial piece though, rather than delicate. Hmm! I will reserve judgement till I get my bracelet. I went for the ice blue option.

Thanks for the clarification that I'm not going mad !! I remember a few years ago with a Butler & Wilson brooch - sparkling champagne glass, that too appeared much larger on screen, but I returned it as I refused to pay the money that was asked for such a small item.

There are always lots of complaints on Q's website about the size of the stones, and I don't always understand why, as bigger isn't necessarily better to me. I love the delicate and chunky pieces equally. It can be very deceptive how things look on screen, though, even when you see them on a wrist, and I must admit the stones were quite a bit smaller than I was expecting. Tinkerbelle, that's such a good idea to count them, why didn't I think of that?! I was expecting it to be Alfie sized, and was just a bit disappointed (which very rarely happens with me and Lola Rose) as I think the design of the bracelet really leant itself to being a bit chunkier. The colour combinations are gorgeous, however, and I was really glad that I caved and got the Soft Pink mix later in the day, as it's really pretty, although the Rainbow one is my favourite. Fingers crossed the slider will stay in place this time! My favourite piece from this visit was definitely the following, which I got in the Black Cherry Quartzite:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Lola-Rose-Rubi....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-307798

It's stunning, really comfortable to wear and a gorgeous colour.

Sorry you were disappointed, I can totally understand why it didn't meet your expectations. It will look lovely with your dress, though.

Latest posts

Back