L'occitane TSV 22/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the village where I was brought up - Mum and Dad built a bungalow on land given to Mum by her Dad.

There was a guy in the village. Nice chap. Drove old cars. Dressed in scruffy clothes and you would think he had not got two pennies to rub together.

When he died he left £1.8 million in his will! Left a wodge of cash at the village pub for a round after his funeral.

In the village where I was brought up - Mum and Dad built a bungalow on land given to Mum by her Dad.

There was a guy in the village. Nice chap. Drove old cars. Dressed in scruffy clothes and you would think he had not got two pennies to rub together.

When he died he left £1.8 million in his will! Left a wodge of cash at the village pub for a round after his funeral.
I believe Benny Hill lived in a similar fashion too

Candycane, I remember on one perfume forum a few different women in the US saying if you went into a department store to buy dressed casual the SA would ignore you. Here in Belfast in House of Fraser I know someone who works at the Creed counter, now their perfume is £££! But she has said I get people in tracksuits, worn trainers others pulling shopping trolleys even pushing prams, and they are spending very big money. Never judge how someone is dressed on how much money they have to spend.
I used to go to the Caribbean quite a lot and, as a tax free area, there are a lot of high end shops and a lot of Americans with v deep pockets. As you're all on holiday you can be really dressed down and quite scruffy especiallyas they are near the beach. We were looking in the window at a Rolex store and they said come in, come in and they'd put a 30k watch on your wrist, no problem!

In Hollywood we went to Rodeo Drive in jeans and tshirts and went in all the posh stores, collecting a glass of champers on the way in!

Latest posts

Back