liz earle superskin concentrate or decleor aromessences?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love the smell of SS Concentrate but find it better for my skin in the winter - too rich/heavy for me at this time of year.

Why not try Rosehip oil or the A'kin Cellular Radiance Serum?

Also, Agnus Castus (supplement) if good for preventing hormonal breakouts.

thank you, for all the suggestions: I never thought of supplements (thanks cupcake) to prevent the breakouts, and I've never looked at the A'kin stuff either. So will go and research. Tried the SS concentrate again last nite, only 2 small drops as suggested, and was wiping the greasy film off about 20 mins later, so clearly not the answer for me...

I'm 25 and use LE Superskin for my combination skin and spots (as recommended by a LE shop assistant). My skin looks plump and dewy and I've even had commpliments on how well my skin looks.

I still have problems with hormonal spots and blemishes. These have improved though not fixed, but instead my overall look just looks better.

To solve my blemish problems I've invested in a correcter from Bobbi Brown - I've neve looked so alive!

found a personal cure for mid forties breakouts

love using quality moisturisers but as i have got older i get more spots not less. by accident i found that by using aha products i.e olehenricksen enlighten me that my skin had no spots and if one tried to come it went within the day.
as soon as it run out i was stuck. this costs £50 for 30ml so i got a thinking.....
i use "garnier clean and fresh invigorating toner" .it contains fruit waters apple,grapefruit natural exfoliating aha's.a toner is a good way to use aha's as it satys on the skin doing its stuff. washes are washed down the sink. this toner is fantastic and cost less than £3.00 from the high street..opps!!
can now use quality moisturisers that make my skin look hydrated and plump with no risk of breakouts.
decleor rose,ylang ylang and neroli aromessences are really good for my normal combination skin. i find liz earle too rich.
also cheap smell and some other sites sell them for 40% less than the high street.ooppss!! again.

A good concealer is a must: one that is still doing its job by around 10 would be good.. And brill idea re toner as leave on AHA...so do you use it twice a day, Boffy, and then just leave it?

hi twinkle. yes i just use it neat on cotton wool.if i am feeling really lazy and i have no makeup on i use it as a cleanser at night lol!
i suppose its a bit like liquid gold maybe not as strong but strong enough to be effective.
it must clean my skin so well i can use elemis day cream wheras before i would get heaps of spots but my skin really does need a moisturiser as i start to get crepy skin.

I'm 37 and swear by Neroli Aromessence. I use it in the morning and only alternate it in the summer with the Solaire Aromessence. However, I like to use it in the evenings as well - especially when I've been out in the sun all day. I'm a Delceor convert, I'm afraid, but I do use Liz's C&P and also her daily eye cream as it has an SPF in it, so great for the summer.

I have normal/combination skin and I certainly don't have any oily slicks during the day - I use Hydra Floral as my moisturiser too (and I use it at night cos I'm addicted to it!!!):clapping:

I'm 32 with very dry skin and have just started using LE about 2 months ago. Already the lumps under my skin are clearing up and it's not nearly so dry now (unless I skip a day).

I tried decleor a few years back and had to return it as the toner and oils burn my skin and I don't have anything like sensitive skin. I guess the moral there is order from QVC where you can return it - LOL

just to toss a spanner in, I tried decleor and it made my face look and feel as if it had been sanded and then sprayed with acid :(....back to LE and Hope in a jar for moi!

just to toss a spanner in, I tried decleor and it made my face look and feel as if it had been sanded and then sprayed with acid :(....back to LE and Hope in a jar for moi!

Ooh at last, someone else who reacts badly to decleor - thought it was just me being weird again :) :giggle:

I couldn't get on with their oils or balms - I got a very small sample of their mask for sensitive skin and I was fine with that.

okay, bought a travel size kit from other website of ylang ylang balm, essence etc. used the mask last night, and my face tingled, burnt etc,so washed it off asap, withi, ironically, plenty of LE c + p, and slept with thick layer of superskin concentrate, and it has just about gone down now...
So I think I well and truly KNOW which skincare I'm sticking with....!
Thank you all for your help, suggestions, etc -things we do in the name of beauty!!!!

what is interesting is that this happened to me more than 2 years ago, I have mentioned it several times since and this is the first time anyone else has said "me too"!

what is interesting is that this happened to me more than 2 years ago, I have mentioned it several times since and this is the first time anyone else has said "me too"!

me too too :) I can just about use rose d'orient but it doesn't calm my skin as it did years ago, I do really like harmonie essentielle but wouldn't really buy these days as other things work better to calm my skin and harmonie essentielle is quite expensive, I used to love their cleannsing water but tried again recently and can't use that now - made my eyes sort and brought me out in spots.

I can't use the majority of decleor such as the much loved hydra floral (my mum likes it) as its just too potent for me.

Hi there
I'm mid 30s and apart from sensitivity I have a dehydrated but neither oily nor dry skin (sometimes a bit dry in the winter). I don't really like liz earle superskin concentrate becaude I found no matter how little I used it just never sank in - I wanted to love it as I quite like superskin moisturiser but I ddin't get on with the smell either, Decleor's neroli brought me out in spots- I found it a very thick texture but I do like argan oil - we are all so different aren't we.

Why don't you try the ad skin synergy oil or forget oils and try a serum. Lulu does a facial oil too but I'm not sure how pure it is. Or waht about something like pure prai? Good luck or maybe sarah chapman's overnight facial - think that's an oil texture if that's what you favour
Or even almond oil from the supermarket. Works for me.

Latest posts

Back