Liz Earle 'Fine Fragrance'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Selfridges in London

Oh yes I believe that is the one.

We'll know soon hopefully.

Hi :hi:,
You can buy Azuree in Selfridges in London and they do mail order - or at least you could a year ago when I bought 4. I am using no.3 now and I have one unopened. I have worn this perfume since I was 16 - I try others and usually go back to Azuree. It suits me very well and is not too expensive. You can buy in from America as well, so if you are planning a holiday there .....or know someone who is......
:talking::talking::talking:

Neither of those, sorry. It was a very plain bottle, conical in shape with no top as such, just the clear plastic spray cover.

I'm so annoyed with myself for not remembering the name :-(

Got my fragrance! On first squirt I smelt lemons and it was familiar I thought Dior but after it settled I thought it was very nice but still familiar... reminds me of a lemon version of Clarins Eau Dynamisante.

I absolutely love Eau Dynamisante, so looking forward to trying this

got mine today!

I agree about the Clarins Eau Dynamisant smell, also reminds me of Decleor Arome Spa tonic a bit

I love it!!!!!:clapping::clapping:

There was Alliage(sp) or Private Collection as it was called. Both I would say fit the citrus herbal group.

Private Collection is still around but usually hidden behind the counter but Alliage long gone.

Alliage is still around in the USA donna which is so annoying as I love that fragrance. It does turn up here but is difficult to find though.

Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this but JF was talking about the LE shows coming up and said there was going to be something very exciting that had been three years in the making, so it looks like QVC are getting the perfume. I don't suppose it will be cheaper than on her site though.

not once you add in the p&p I suspect.

I've just taken in a Liz Earle parcel for a neighbour - I'm desperate to know whether she's ordered the perfume...can I wait til 6pm when she gets home to ask her for a sniff? It'd be great to test it at her expense :cheeky:

Jude xx

I'm surprised to find them on there, I have posted mine back today for a full refund to LE - wasn't for me either I'm afraid

Mine arrived from LE this morning. I ordered the perfume and three c & p at about 10 pm on Tuesday with standard delivery (£3 per order) and it arrived in Lancashire from the Isle of Wight today (Friday).

My verdict three hours after trying it is that it's lovely, I'm rubbish at describing thing like this but I'm delighted with it.

Mine has arrived, I'm not great at describing fragrances but will have a go in the hope that it helps someone.

Definately citrusy for the first 20 mins or so, but grapefruity and orangey as well as lemony, not a sharp fruit though.

The citrusy does stick around, but the whooossshhhh of citrus mellows so that it is a bit more in the background.

It has some softness to it from the first spray - not sure if that is the tonka bean, but there is a slight vanilla, but only slight and in the background initially.

Now some 2hrs in I can still smell it, the citrus is there but more as if the sun has been on it a bit, and the vanilla/tonka bean is a little more pronounced.

I've not got any rose yet, but I think that there is gentle lavender all the way through.

It does remind me of Eau Dynamis what's it, ie the Clarins one, but it is less harsh and herby, it is also a bit like Aqua di Palma - the first one, slightly soapy.

It is not like anything that I currently enjoy, and certainly not like the Instant Boost.

To me it is a proper perfume, not a body spray or an eau de cologne, it has top middle and base notes and is quite rounded.

It has a background of clean skin to it.

It is not overtly summery, could imagine wearing it all year round but I am not sure.

For me it is a keeper and an experimenter, if I had smelt it instore I think I would have had to go back for another whiff!

What I would say is that it comes beautifully packaged - the perfume is in a box with a sort of inner lid - it fits very snuggly inside.

Hope that helps

Just as an update, this has lasted all day, from about 4hrs in it is a soft soapy orangey with a hint of vanilla.

It reminds me a bit of the Prada Infusion d'orange (the one with the orange lid anyway!) but I have only smelt that once!

It is nice, gentle and inoffensive, it has that slight muskiness to it which makes me feel a bit sick (sorry! but I am trying to be really honest here!)

My DH liked it and said "oh that's nice, subtle" and whilst I don't advocate buying a perfume simply to please those around you, his comments are a vast improvement on "oh are you wearing any? it just smells like soap/washing powder/ to me"

I think if I had known it was going to be on QVC this weekend I would probably have waited with the confidence that I could send it back, as it is, I don't think this is a "marmite" scent or should that be an "Angel" scent (as in Thierry Mugler), but I think it could be a grower.

I went to John Lewis today and tried the fragrance. Loved it but to me its more of an older persons scent - dont get me wrong its gorgeous but it was too strong for me. Im gutted really wanted to like it.

I have said before a few times on other LE threads, I think she now wants to push the company in a different direction.

Introducing a higher priced anti aging range and now a luxury edp.
Other brands which started in the natural green idea have moved on to more sophisticated products which will cost more money.

I am sure she could have easily released a fragrance which did smell of the Instant Boost and her fans would have loved it. But the fact she wanted to not do it makes me think she really wants to go high end like Chantecaille( they do use loads of natural ingredients in their skincare and makeup, but its expensive), and other brands like this.

I keep saying and it is happening LE will have two ranges, the basics which so many love middle range pricing and then the high end more expensive. Thirty nine pounds is the same price as many fashion house fragrance releases out there, so she is fitting into that price market.

I'm surprised to find them on there, I have posted mine back today for a full refund to LE - wasn't for me either I'm afraid

I am going to contact LE and get my money back too as I get the citrussy smell and then nothing, there is no hint at all of the Instant Boost Skin Tonic like I was led to believe there would be.
I am really disappointed as I am a LE devotee and love most of her products

From the descriptions posted I'm wondering whether the LE fragrance smells like Clinique's Simply. Can anyone post a comparison?

Have just read on another thread that a member likens it to Clinique's Aromatics Elixir. Will give this a try now, then. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back