Liz Earle - Bringing the big guns out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Off topic I know, but Jo Fairley was also one of Paula Yates' closest friends and she found Paula's body.

I want, I want, I want.

Wasn't she ever taught as a child I want dosen't get. Although it seems it does in her case.

Obviously she & LE are not happy if people are not acting the sycophant all the time with them.

I cannot bear LE, never could stand her on breakfast TV but I did think her skincare was good but won't use it now as I think her principles stink.:mad:

A couple of links to interesting articles - thanks. I didn't see the loves on qvc but in the Independent's photo you would never believe Liz is only 6 years younger than Jo. These are both privileged women who have the best of everything at their fingertips so I can only say that Jo is living proof that until Liz can bottle her genes we might as well cleanse with washing up liquid and switch off qvc once and for all.

I've always thought/known that LE and Jo F go way,way back (not sure about the other beauty bible woman?) so TBH am not interested in anything that the two of them have to say,together.

My best friend and I may work in different companies but would back each other and their company,no problem - regardless of what we really thought.this is all LE and Jo F are doing.

I'm a bit sick of the LE hype really.My teenage son uses it and has good results - I buy it (from john lewis) purely for this reason.I'm disappointed she sold out to Avon - I took her principles and priorities as very different.

I was told a story about LE that I can't post here for legal reasons, although it is nothing too sensational. However if true it indicates that from the very start of her skincare venture she was truly ruthless in her business practices and quite an unpleasant person. Shame really because if something really is good enough it will get there on merit rather than hype and artifice.

I was told a story about LE that I can't post here for legal reasons, although it is nothing too sensational. However if true it indicates that from the very start of her skincare venture she was truly ruthless in her business practices and quite an unpleasant person. Shame really because if something really is good enough it will get there on merit rather than hype and artifice.

i know a few people who know her (one dated her for a while) and the impression i got was that she is very much like Bree in Desperate Housewives. The impression I got was that she was a very competent presenter but got people's backs up as she was always telling people what to do (although she may have been right often, to be fair), hugely ambitious and very very organised...nothing wrong with any of that, but she has always come across as a bit of an Ice Maiden to me, so the overall effect is not very friendly or approachable...I wonder how well she deals with frailty, or if she has many friends...

I'm a bit sick of the LE hype really.My teenage son uses it and has good results - I buy it (from john lewis) purely for this reason.I'm disappointed she sold out to Avon - I took her principles and priorities as very different.

How much is the C&P from John Lewis? Going to get some from there at the end of this month?

Yep I too know stuff but again for legal reasons can't post & yes you are quite right in what you say that she is ruthless in more ways than one. I worked with someone who had a friend who worked at what used to be breakfast tv back in the nineties. I was not surprised at what I was told though.

Last edited:
origional not...

i like liz earles products and the fact that she sold to avon but what made me not impressed with liz was launching her own unique perfume hand crafted that smells like at least a dozen others.

i can never take the company seriously after that. the emporers new clothes comes to mind.:taphead:

How much is the C&P from John Lewis? Going to get some from there at the end of this month?

I cannot tell you exactly,as I tend make several purchases at once,but I don't think its hugely different to QVC - just doesn't have the added P&P:rock:

I'm sure you can could google it from john lewis.Sorry:thinking: not much help!

I've been trying to find the Facebook post re the person who was coming out in spots, but I can't find it and I've gone back a few days. Does anyone know exactly which day it was?

I've just had to put somebody right about C&P on the QVC Facebook page. They stated they were coming out in spots when using C&P. The lady was getting replies from people saying "Wash your muslin cloths everyday". So I replied "Despite what LE states C&P formula HAS changed. Almond oil has been replaced with Cocoa Butter. A lot of people have complained about this and have come out in spots since the formula change" etc etc. Hope I haven't stirred up a hornets nest.

Hope you have. I put a similar comment on the QVC page about C&P when they were bleating about bringing back this wonderful product - I said "What in it's old formular?"

Someone on FB said that breaking out in spots from using CnP could be YEARS of muck finally being released from the skin. YEARS??! I went on and pointed out that the skin renews itself every 28 days so one is unlikely to be storing years worth of crap in there LOL! Honestly, people blindly believe what LE says...granted I used to be the very same but forums like this and a bit of home research will give you the truth about any brand or products. Then you can make an (actual) educated choice rather than falling for the hype...

Tx

Years of Muck! what nonsense...I had been using C & P for donkeys years and had passed it on to acne prone daughter too when all of a sudden about 18 months approx ago I started getting the angry sore red spots too..couldnt figure out why as hadnt changed anything in my skincare or make up..also noticed for some reason it wasnt removing my mascara...process of illimination revealed it was my
c & p so I had to stop using it...about a week later my daughter handed back her bottle and said it didnt work anymore...so i started to look into it and then when I found this forum and discoverd the almond milk had been removed. It obviosuly had some sort of balancing or soothing effect and it's absence is incredibly noticable..

I emailed LE and got the usual "we've tested it and it's perfect" response and they directed me to ebay to buy old bottles of the old formula!!!! No thank you.

I have for the last few months been using Soap & Glory and I have to say the results are fantastic, and much better than LE which is something I didnt expect at all. Although it's slightly oilier and thinner than LE, my skin is positively glowing, soft and my pores are nearly undetectable in places where they used to be like craters...no angry spots and all mascara removed..

LE better watch out as I'm sure they've lost a hell of a lot more old loyal customers that made the brand so popular than theyve gained new customers with nut allergies...And as S & G has prooved, there are products out there that are better...Shame on you LE...the same award winning formula NOT

Aaaaaagh!!! Flashback to the patronising woman announcing the then new baby would be known as Lily as her name is Amy-ryl-lis, each syllable carefully enunciated for the hard of thinking. It was horrible, her manner improved no end when she wanted your dosh on QVC.

not quite sure if the last 2 posters after me are taking the p***s out of me or referring to a previous joke that I don't know about! but i was being quite genuine :-(

My post was referring directly to post#37 by scary. I don't quite see how it could be taken as anything to do with you being fobbed off by LE's responses but the woman's eldest daughter is called Amryllis and she did announce it in a most patronising way on tv.
Sorry for any upset, it was absolutely unintentional.

Latest posts

Back