Liquid Gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wearing of SPF when using Alpha-h is what the alpha- h people recommend wether you are a sun lover of not.

Facts on Gycolic

Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) are one of the safest methods of skin renewal. Their effectiveness depends on the type and concentration of the AHA, its pH (acidity), and other ingredients in the product. AHAs become effective at concentrations between 7% - 8% with a pH of 3.5 to 4.0. Many cosmetic products containing AHA have very little skin renewal effects because the AHA concentrations are too low and the pH is too high. There is little evidence that concentrations below 5% have beneficial actions on the skin.

Chemical peels with stronger AHA’s (40-70%) speed the process, but skin rebuilding induced by a 70% AHA chemical peel, (which is costly and may cause scarring) in 3 months can be duplicated by a 7% AHA cream in 9 months.

The amounts of AHA in Alpha-H vary depending on the individual product. They range from 7%-15%, with our professional salon treatments up to 30%.

All Alpha-H products comply with the Therapeautic Goods Authority (TGA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines, giving you peace of mind. Your skin is in good hands.

So how does it work?

It works on many different levels. Firstly the Glycolic Acid works to dissolve the ionic bonds that hold dead skin cells together. The cells are then able to very gently be sloughed off to allow new healthy cells to the surface.

In the same way, you might prune old growth from a rose bush to allow new buds to grow, thereby improving the life and the look of your rose garden.

When old dead skin cells are removed the appearance of fine lines is dramatically reduced and the skin retains a healthy glow and smoother appearance.

We use Glycolic Acid in our formulations as it is found to be one of the safest and most effective Alpha Hydroxy Acids, due to its small molecule size. This means it can be absorbed quickly into the skin and then work as a delivery vehicle for other active ingredients contained in Alpha-H – ingredients that are designed to restore moisture, elasticity,and suppleness to the skin.

Taken from the Alpha H website

I've been using Liquid Gold now for the past 2/3 weeks and the results have been amazing. The awful spots I used to get around my jawline have all but gone and hopefully the ever so attractive "orange peel skin" will follow soon!!

Thank you MUQ for your recommendation!!

please take notice of this message , ...............................

i am writing this to every one who uses alpha h products ... or any form of glycolic products .......... because when i say about useing
SPFs creams on the skin ,what i have to do regarding my self ,is only for me and me only , not for any one else ,
if ive said anything rong on this thread regarding the use of spfs along with glycolic products i am very sorry ,

i do know the importance of useing these creams and i want to make any body on here fully aware that you should always use a SPF CREAM when ever you use glycolic products ,
i wasnt telling people not to use them i was just saying why i cant use them thats all ,

so please understand that it is very important that every body understands and knows that you should always use these creams with any glycolic product ,

allso let me correct my self on the use of liquid gold , please go by your instructions for the use of the amount of times you need to use this product ,

ime very sorry if ive mislead any body as i have no intensions of misleading any one on here

Just to say that I have always believed firmly in SPF creams....and then started looking into it and found that my belief is shaking somewhat! I have found that certain oils/formulations are very good at repairing scar tissue and these tend to work very well with sun exposure also.

My problem has always been that the SPF leaves a ghostly chalky residue on my skin which is not great and so I now believe in working with what feels right for your skin.

A little exposure to sun is not a bad thing (despite what Alison Young would have us all believe!) and one must be protected as much as is reasonable.

However, we get a degree of protection from foundation, moisturiser and of course tolerance. I think that the SPF debate is just starting, which is a good thing as the more I talk to experts in the field, the more I believe there is more protection to be gained than just using SPFs.

I, like MUQ am not suggesting that anyone stop using an SPF, but I am saying there is a little more to this than I think we have been led to believe...

I'm only using the liquid gold at the moment and love the effects so I'd like to introduce another glycolic product into my regime. Which one would you recommend from the Alpha H range for best results and to work alongside the liquid gold? Many thanks in advance.

I'm only using the liquid gold at the moment and love the effects so I'd like to introduce another glycolic product into my regime. Which one would you recommend from the Alpha H range for best results and to work alongside the liquid gold? Many thanks in advance.

me too stardust. MUQ can you tell me if Liquid Harmony is the daytime equivalent of liquid gold? Thanks, Carol x

What a fab post from MUQ! I stopped using my liquid gold when I got red lumps on my neck and around my mouth and jawline. Is that the same? Should I just keep with it until all the gunge is out? I did think that I was having a bad reaction because the lumps aren't blackheads or whiteheads they were red. When I stopped using it they went away after a few days.

I'd love to start using it again cos I LOATHE my open pores, they are all I see when I look in the mirror. I'd love to have skin like yours, MUQ! Please help

I agree with Philosophy Girl. That sounds very much like a reaction (I get big red lumps when I use Cleanse & Polish, Skin Repair etc). I'd avoid this product in future. Maybe there is another brand of Glycolic you can use? Can't recommend any I don't use it my skin tends to be sensitive and is rosacea prone but someone else may be able to.

Hi Karina, thanks for that information!
I've had a quick look at some demo videos on qvc and think I'll settle for the 15% glycolic mask to start with and see how I get on with that as it's a stronger product than the liquid gold? I'm keen to introduce more but don't want to overdo it, would you say that was a good choice? Thanks.

There is a brand new super duper version of Liquid Gold out now, haven't seen it yet in the UK, but can't wait to try it. Hopefully QVC will get it sooner or later !

oh julie i havent heard or seen about that wow it cant get any better can it LOL i bet it can blimy if its made my skin this good then whats thenew one going to do WOW ,

I hope qvc gets thanks

Hi MUQ

I've also been following this thread with interest. I bought some TSVs in the past but only used it once. Your enthusiasm encouraged me to give it a try again. At 45, I have good skin with minimal wrinkles. I have most of the QVC brands and like them as they keep my skin looking good - nothing more than that. However, after using Liquid Gold for 2-3 weeks, I can honestly say I've never seen anything work as magically as this has.

I had the start of some wrinkles going from the sides of my nose upwards (like when you wrinkle your nose) and they have now actually disappeared. I cannot believe the result!!! I didn't think anything removed wrinkles. Foundation used to enhance the lines but now I can wear foundation and there is nothing visible! Many, many thanks for your advice.

Some questions, if that's ok? I am using Liquid Gold every other night, on its own (as you said) after cleansing. The other nights I vary what I use (Elemis, mainly). In the morning, I am using Alpha A Serum on its own - is that ok? When else can I use the serum? I also have Age Delay Intensive night treatment - do I use that on the nights I don't use LG? Should I add the serum before the night treatment? I also have Liquid Gold Daily Activator - I have no idea if this should be used on its own or with the serum? :confused: All I want now is an Alpha H eye product. ;)

Thank you again for helping me get such amazing results. Oh, and last week, 8 people told me I was looking younger and guessed my age as 35! :D

hi toxic lemon .....................
WOW that is one of the best things ive read , that is absalutaly fantastic to to read ime so so pleased for you that its done exactly what i says it will do ,
what some fab news ime really happy that your happy , and can i thank you so much for believing in what i say and trusting me too ,
ime just so pleased that i can actually give some encouragement to people to use these products and to help people get the skin you want to see, it really pleases me that you have seen that change in your skin , and the more you use it the beter it will get,

best wishes karina ,xxx
i will answer your post questions tomorrow as it is really late now ,

how much commission are you getting??

:eek:

Blimey, sounds very impressive, I must get me some of that Liquid Gold :thumbsup:.

Purely as a preventive measure of course........

how much commission are you getting??

:eek:

Why should MUQ be getting Commission??? She knows her Alpha H ,uses it herself and is very passionate about the product. MUQ likes to just share her experiences of how it has worked for her,and geniunely is so pleased when it has worked for others. I love to see members helping each other.

Blimey, sounds very impressive, I must get me some of that Liquid Gold :thumbsup:.

Purely as a preventive measure of course........

Hi Marion, I have read this thread with great interest too, I use Liz Earle but I myself might give the Liquid Gold a whirl, andf incorporate it into my Liz earle Routine ,its sounds good.

I managed to get the 15% glycolic mask on ebay this week (full size) for £15 and have used it this morning.
I loved the result I got from it (my skin looks 'glowing' today!) and can really recommend slotting this into your routine if you can.
Thanks for the tip Karina and I've got another question for you....
How often do you use this? Once a week or more? Many thanks.

Hi Marion, I have read this thread with great interest too, I use Liz Earle but I myself might give the Liquid Gold a whirl, andf incorporate it into my Liz earle Routine ,its sounds good.
Hi Dazzler, yes, that's what appealed to me, that you can slot it in with your regular routine. Although mine's a bit of a mish mash, Liz Earle, Decleor, Lush, etcetera. But this is next on my shopping list! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back