Lessons in Beauty TSV 5/8/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wasn't tempted by this in the first place I have to say but watching the presentation this morning I was really put off. It looks SO glittery! I thought all of the models looked so overdone, the chap himself seemed underwhelmed by the whole thing and I was also suspicious that they never really showed any of the products close up. The the professional/celebrity/we're so lucky to have her MUA hardly inspired me either!! I know it's their first presentation but they both seemed really awkward and quiet, poor old Julia was wittering on like AY on speed trying to fill the gaps!! :grin::grin:

Tx

infantile.
circa: 1972 barry m shop low end chemist bought with my pocket moneywhen i was 12....
99p a pot...ughh!!!:cash:

They still do Barry M in local Superdrug! The stand always looks a total mess as those glittery powders get everywhere...worse than Jennifer Kirk and her flipping fairy dust:giggle:

Cheap looking market-stall crap. Bad move, QVC. Try listening to your customers for a change, and stop bringing us low-end tat at high-end prices. Get some decent beauty and skincare ranges in before even more customers call it a day.

Cheap looking market-stall crap. Bad move, QVC. Try listening to your customers for a change, and stop bringing us low-end tat at high-end prices. Get some decent beauty and skincare ranges in before even more customers call it a day.

:clapping: love it Yo, so good you posted it twice :D :clapping:

donna255
It looks like cheap crap to be honest. Way back in the 80's UltraGlow did the mix this with clear polish for colour and lipgloss too. Too much farting about as
well.

That's exactly what I thought donna255. Why bother with all that messing about? Now we have a million colours for our nails. Thought that beautiful model Nalintha? looked overdone like one of Harald (Pompoos) Glock's advert models.
The whole presentation, last night, was awkward and I still can't remember seeing any of the products close-up. No wonder Julia was sweating. She was working like a Trojan to pull the whole thing together. Wonder if AY steered clear of this stuff.

The lady doing the make up made me LOL she can't seem to decide whether she can see better with her glasses on or off, she send me proper giddy when I watched her this morning. IMO if the make up was any good AY would have launched it. I don't think it will catch on.

Have to say I was really surprised AY didnt launch........she is usually very keen with any new product so it does appear as though she wasnt that impressed. I thought she was on later but on checking the TV guide it seems not. Doesnt look very good if the resident beauty expert cant be bothered to turn up!

Just watched the video. OK, the lady putting on the makeup seems very familiar. I'm sure I've seen her on television before...but acting in dramas. Am I imagining this?

She does look very familiar...:confused2:

She reminds me a bit of Sigourney Weaver!

Think would glow in the dark with that lot on.

I am sure today's products are aimed at trannies.

I am finally watching the presentation as I have only seen it on the internet so far, and Sarah Griffith just mentioned that it is so most inovative line she has ever seen on QVC.
What have I missed????? They really will say anything just to sell the goods.
And that woman make up artist needs vari focals, that constant on off with glasses is really irritating.
:sad:
Serious question here, if I want to put this stuff on my nails:
what happens if I put more power on one finger then the other? Do I have to start again? I can get clear nail varnish for a fraction of the price in any supermarked. :envy:
Just seen the guy put on the nailvarnish on one finger and getting it very quickly away from the camera: I think it was streaky?

Last edited:
Last night I hear 'it's shimmery not glittery'.

This a.m. catches a brief glimpse- the model looked as though she had wandered over from a craft show demonstrating glitter.

Reminds me of 'The Emperors Clothes' fairytale.

Wonder what their definition is of glitter ?

infantile.
circa: 1972 barry m shop low end chemist bought with my pocket moneywhen i was 12....
99p a pot...ughh!!!:cash:

They still do Barry M in local Superdrug! The stand always looks a total mess as those glittery powders get everywhere...worse than Jennifer Kirk and her flipping fairy dust:giggle:

I'm on nightduty and am watching from my bed; BarryM is just what sprung to my mind !

Absolute tat of the highest degree :sick::sick:

OK live steaming at work.:cheeky: But the nail polish if you dip into the coloured powder it will colour the clear polish if you keep dipping. YUCK!!! What happens if you want to use different shade next time for polish. Same idea with the clear gloss it will become discoloured and yucky quickly.

I had this urge, well infact I did sing. I love the nightlife. I love to boogie. Very Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

Last night I hear 'it's shimmery not glittery'.

This a.m. catches a brief glimpse- the model looked as though she had wandered over from a craft show demonstrating glitter.

Reminds me of 'The Emperors Clothes' fairytale.

Wonder what their definition is of glitter ?

I was thinking great colours for cardmaking but I wouldnt put them on my face which is a relief as I thought I might be tempted by this when I saw the details on here earlier in the week but not tempted at all after I saw the models last night :whew2:

I looked at one of the models in the 1am show (the one who's secret is lipobind!) and where I have seen her look stunning in other make up ranges she looked a bit dirty and also very amateurish in this carp. Even the make-up artist was stuttering and seemed at a loss,whilst I have never seen JR look so uncomfortable and less gushing about a product. I was sat here,thinking what I could buy from my favourite make up range for the same money-no contest really,at my age I can't get away with glitter-and yes,it was glitter!-anyway! Made Models prefer look like Chanel!!!

I did like one look on Nalintha(sp?) but for a young woman on a night out....I can just imagine lots of older women looking like they are going to a disco whilist doing the weekly shop!

I thought Julia's eyes looked tired last night, not at all like her usual self. Amanda the model was nearly like a goth...just too dark.

I would not fancy sticking a nail polish into my eyeshadow and then going back to put the shadow on my eye...how does that work?

Latest posts

Back